• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Starts For Texas in their Bowl Game

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really leaning Swoops. I totally understand that he will probably make a thousand mistakes, but why not? So we lose the game because of it. Let him start to gain some experience. Sometimes one game can help. Maybe he makes one less mistake in the first part of the season. Four out of our first six games are against, BYU, UCLA, Baylor and OU. Tough start. Again, not that one game is going to be a home run, but it's not good to start that schedule with a qb at that has no game experience. Besides, It's going to be another piece of sh*t bowl game anyway. Just a thought. I guess I'm still scratching my head over McCoy's Baylor game. :wtf2:

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, why not. Let the guy get some experience. Texas is going to lose regardless. Swoop's size and running ability brings another dimension.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Swoopes start. Anything is better than Derp.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure Case starts. Mack has made a habit of starting Seniors in bowl games. Hopefully, they will play Swoops and maybe switch back and forth in an attempt to keep the Ducks unbalanced on 1 leg.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure Case starts. Mack has made a habit of starting Seniors in bowl games. Hopefully, they will play Swoops and maybe switch back and forth in an attempt to keep the Ducks unbalanced on 1 leg.

Ditto. This will be Case's last football game of his life. Mack will not take that away from him, and Case will start. However I agree with Charlie and the rest of you - I would love to see Swoopes get some packages and playing time as well.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto. This will be Case's last football game of his life. Mack will not take that away from him, and Case will start. However I agree with Charlie and the rest of you - I would love to see Swoopes get some packages and playing time as well.

Also, I wouldn't exactly label Swoopes as our full time starter yet for next year. Jerrod Heard from Denton Guyer is a STUD! He leads his team to possible back to back state titles this Saturday at JerryWorld. If you haven't seen him play, you have got to tune in to that game.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I wouldn't exactly label Swoopes as our full time starter yet for next year. Jerrod Heard from Denton Guyer is a STUD! He leads his team to possible back to back state titles this Saturday at JerryWorld. If you haven't seen him play, you have got to tune in to that game.

True, plus we may have Ash back as well for his senior campaign.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard is the real deal. I just hope he comes. Watched him win another state title, and he is special. But, even if he comes, should he redshirt? I'll cross that bridge later, I just hope to hell he comes to Texas.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ash's playing career is over. Would be nice if he could come back and play though.....

I heard news somewhere that Ash would be seeking a medical redshirt year? True? Not true? If so, it means we may have a combination of Ash, Swoopes, and Heard for the next 2 years.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've not heard that. I really doubt Ash ever plays football again. I get the feeling that he has been hiding concussion symptoms for years. We do know that he is good at hiding physical injuries in the past.
2014 looks to be an interesting season with the QB position. ... and I mean the Chinese meaning of "it's a curse to live an interesting life".

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard is the real deal. I just hope he comes. Watched him win another state title, and he is special. But, even if he comes, should he redshirt? I'll cross that bridge later, I just hope to hell he comes to Texas.

My take is, if he's the best option at QB, then start him. I seriously doubt Ash returns and I'm not convinced Swoopes is the answer. All the other QB's have transferred. If Heard is the real deal, start him.