• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who should succeed McCarthy

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Names? Who is on your list when McCarthy inevitably bites the dust?

Mine may not be popular among you all but I wouldn't mind letting Jon Gruden get a shot.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden's done coaching.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they have a habit of promoting people from within the organization?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they have a habit of promoting people from within the organization?
We need a change of pace. We've been stubborn for too long.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrell Bevel comes to mind since he has a past with the Pack. Mike Smith wouldn't be a bad hire either imo. Teryl Austin piques my interest as well

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Names? Who is on your list when McCarthy inevitably bites the dust?

Mine may not be popular among you all but I wouldn't mind letting Jon Gruden get a shot.
McCarthy isn't going anywhere soon. The guy has been one of the better head coaches in the NFL.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you interested in getting rid of McCarthy?
His play calling has gotten extremely stale and he won't relinquish those duties again I'm sure. For example, I can't recall a single screen to a rb yet this year. Last I checked we were a west coast style offense and that play is a staple. The first 4 games we used mainly 3 wideouts when we have 7 on the roster.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His play calling has gotten extremely stale and he won't relinquish those duties again I'm sure. For example, I can't recall a single screen to a rb yet this year. Last I checked we were a west coast style offense and that play is a staple. The first 4 games we used mainly 3 wideouts when we have 7 on the roster.
Most of the Packers problems are because of the poor play of Aaron Rodgers. This guy has regressed rapidly the past two seasons.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he has been a little off lately I can't put everything on him. There are 52 other people on the roster. He has been off lately but I see a few receivers not being able to create separation which is why he has 5+ seconds in the pocket and has to throw the ball away. It also says something when MM only uses 3 wideouts for the first 4 games. Unoriginal, unimaginative and stale game plans

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you interested in getting rid of McCarthy?
I used to always defend McCarthy, but the last year and a half of Packers games have been unwatchable. He has become predictable and dull. Our offense is pathetic and hes the one calling plays. It would be a shame for the era of quite possibly the most talented QB in history to be "wasted" because the Packers are too stubborn to try something different. I wish McCarthy the best but I'm all aboard the "New HC train" to try and get this nearly two year shit show turned around. We are on the brink of losing the division back to back seasons to freaking Bridgewater and Bradford. This is bad.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to always defend McCarthy, but the last year and a half of Packers games have been unwatchable. He has become predictable and dull. Our offense is pathetic and hes the one calling plays. It would be a shame for the era of quite possibly the most talented QB in history to be "wasted" because the Packers are too stubborn to try something different. I wish McCarthy the best but I'm all aboard the "New HC train" to try and get this nearly two year shit show turned around. We are on the brink of losing the division back to back seasons to freaking Bridgewater and Bradford. This is bad.
Maybe Rodgers has lost his edge. He had wide open receivers in the Cowboys secondary and badly over and under threw them. Rodgers seems afraid to stay in the pocket and rushes his throws.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has gotten too used to throwing without proper fundamentals. Just because he has the ability to make those throws does not mean he should do it on every drop back.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the Packers problems are because of the poor play of Aaron Rodgers. This guy has regressed rapidly the past two seasons.

Even with Rodgers playing the best QB ball of all fucking time MM was still unable to win the SB or even a single playoff game. Rodgers is back to Godgers mode and now we still lost to the Falcons after Godgers got the winning TD. The issue is obviouos after the first half when the Pack put up 24 pts they talked to McMuffin and he said we need to run the ball more. Why in the hell do you need to run the ball when Rodgers is throwing darts all day and put up 24 points? Well he ran the ball more in the third Q and got away from what was working and we went 3 and out twice and scored 0 points. It wasn't until they relinquished the lead that we went to 4-5 wide again and again Rodgers dominated and scored the TD but the D gave up the winning TD. MM has done this still does this and will continue to do this for his career. No matter how well the players play it's rarely enough to overcome the ineptitude of MM when they play a playoff caliber team.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has gotten too used to throwing without proper fundamentals. Just because he has the ability to make those throws does not mean he should do it on every drop back.

He's throwing the same way he was in 2011. Watch the film his fundamentals and mechanics are exactly the same.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing McCarthy did well early on with the Packers was he game planned around the personnel he had. Now that he's been with the team for so long, he doesn't do that anymore and wants the personnel and product to be molded around his plan.

Rodgers looked a lot like his old self in that Atlanta game. A key reason behind that is that his old self didn't have a running game either. What works for Aaron is to pass to set up the run. Don't even pretend to run at first, just shred the defense through the air with quick hitters to tire out the opposing defense's defensive line and get the offense into a rhythm. Those constant quick hitters also bring the DBs up, which eventually will pay off with play action and double moves.

Up until this year, I've always brushed off the McCarthy haters. So many shortsighted fans say "fire him" without having anyone in mind who could do a better job. I still don't think there is anyone out there that could step in and turn this team around right away, but I'm also now recognizing that a change is probably needed because things are getting stale.

Who? I don't know, but I do have criteria. Not an old recycled head coach. This team needs someone young and hungry to prove themselves.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say unless McCarthy makes a NFC title game or further this season, which seems impossible at this point, the pressure on the front office will be too great to keep him.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say unless McCarthy makes a NFC title game or further this season, which seems impossible at this point, the pressure on the front office will be too great to keep him.

There is some deep-rooted loyalty in the organization. I think he probably keeps his job for another year even if they miss the playoffs; but this will probably be the first offseason he gets put on notice.

Reactions: GNG

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some deep-rooted loyalty in the organization. I think he probably keeps his job for another year even if they miss the playoffs; but this will probably be the first offseason he gets put on notice.
This is likely the scenario

Reactions: GNG