• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who Is the Greatest Quarterback of All Time?

Who is the greatest quarterback of all time? (Choices listed in alphabetical order by last name.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying Matt Ryan had a better game than Tom Brady?

This is exactly why victories are a TEAM stat and not an individual stat in the NFL. Clearly Matt Ryan had the better individual performance. His team? Not so much.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why victories are a TEAM stat and not an individual stat in the NFL. Clearly Matt Ryan had the better individual performance. His team? Not so much.

id have to dis-agree

Matts' stats may say one thing

But I saw one QB making all the plays when it mattered most in that game

And another, making all the mistakes the opponent required in order to come back from 25 points down

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I homer voted for Elway of course, but being honest, I would have to go Brady/Montana in a tie for first.

Fuck Marino. He played his worst football in the playoffs when it mattered most.

Marino's teams were poorly constructed, not his fault. Mediocre running games and defenses (and often, that was being kind).

How many other QBs on this list were playing in the Super Bowl in their rookie season (as the full season starter at QB)?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id have to dis-agree

Matts' stats may say one thing

But I saw one QB making all the plays when it mattered most in that game

And another, making all the mistakes the opponent required in order to come back from 25 points down

It's timing and momentum. Brady's mistakes contributed to put his team that far behind. The better-coached team won by knowing how to steady the ship. The Falcons staff coasted with the big lead, then crapped their pants when the momentum shifted.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino's teams were poorly constructed, not his fault. Mediocre running games and defenses (and often, that was being kind).

How many other QBs on this list were playing in the Super Bowl in their rookie season (as the full season starter at QB)?
Ah, the Marino mythology narrative.

DollFans have created an entire Mythology of Marino to explain this failure. They say he had no defense, no running game, no supporting cast. It sounds good on paper, but it's just not true. Fortunately, the Cold, Hard Football Facts worship in a different temple, one where raw numbers and reality reign as Zeus and Apollo. They easily debunked the four biggest myths perpetuated by the cult of Dan Marino.

Here is an article that breaks it down pretty well. Defense, running game and costly mistakes in the playoffs that cost his team. Enjoy.

The Marino mythology

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's timing and momentum. Brady's mistakes contributed to put his team that far behind. The better-coached team won by knowing how to steady the ship. The Falcons staff coasted with the big lead, then crapped their pants when the momentum shifted.

Agreed there

And Brady also threw a game ending pass that should have been picked by 11 Falcons but ended up with Edelman catching it laying on the floor

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I watched both of those games start to finish and I cannot remember Eli playing one snap on defense.
His heroics inspired the defense to hold the mighty Patriots offense to under 20 points in both games.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm he did?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with Favre. I haven't seen the penis of anyone else on the list.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's advantages were based on attempts. 7.5 yards/attempt vs Ryan's 12.3, 95.2 rating vs Ryan's 144.1. Both had 1 turnover and 5 sacks.
Yes I saw the game. Brady threw the ball 40 more times than Ryan. You don't think that factors into who had the better game?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Ode to the GOAT Tom Brady

The NFL put out a great tribute they labeled "Ode to the GOAT. One of the most amazing stats is he is the only QB to have 5 game winning drives (come from behind) in the super bowl and has twice the completions as any other QB in super bowls.

Now we are talking super bowls my friends.........kid is/was butta

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Ode to the GOAT Tom Brady

The NFL put out a great tribute they labeled "Ode to the GOAT. One of the most amazing stats is he is the only QB to have 5 game winning drives (come from behind) in the super bowl and has twice the completions as any other QB in super bowls.

Now we are talking super bowls my friends.........kid is/was butta

Players shouldnt get credit for putting teams in 28-3 holes

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Kidding.
A little.

Did Walsh trade for Young and intentionally create a QB controversy? Yes.
Did Joe need to have his job threatened...?
Who knows, I didn't think so back in the eighties, but I'm not Joe Walsh, another great coach with a great "system".

Walsh didn't trade to create a controversy. Montana injured his back and had to have surgery and it was uncertain how long his career would last. Walsh was just being prepared. He tried to obtain Jim Everittt but the rams made a better offer