• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who is the 4th Playoff Team???

Who Is The 4th Playoff Team??

• B1G Conference Champions, 2-loss Ohio State (Oklahoma, Iowa)

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Non Conference Champion, 1-loss Alabama (Auburn)

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • Another Team Will Be Chosen

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we handled Mercer pretty well actually... 56-0?

The Awbarn game... We shit the bed, but that's how rivalry games go sometimes. :noidea:
Who the fuck is "MERCER"? I thought they were an all women school?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does OSU have on their resume that Bama doesn't? And 'conference champion' doesn't really count for anything, as we saw it didn't matter last year.
Who gives a rat's ass about last year?? This is a new season!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's SOS this season should keep them out. I'm sure the committee will look at Bama's week schedule and put Ohio State in. Bama hasn't beaten any quality team this season, except maybe LSU.
Bama's SOS was damaged by FSU dropping so far in the rankings, a large part of which was because Alabama injured FSU's staring QB in game 1. OSU got rolled at home by a top 5 team and crushed on the road by a scrub team. Bama lost to a top 5 team in a rivalry game on the road. Bama would beat OSU head to head. It's the four best teams, not the four best conference Champs, as OSU well knows...

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me while I go full meltdown mode, but what the fuck kind of system is this where an undefeated team gets left out of the playoffs? All the reasoning that went into having this system completely fell by the waste side. I remember one of the arguments against having the playoffs was that it would ruin one of the best things about college football; every game mattered, and we all lived for the great upsets.

Now its basically come down to making up reasons why LOSSES are better than others, why certain wins are "flukes," why so-and-so is better even though they have more losses because "eyeball test," and picking and choosing which criteria matters more each year, depending on who we really all think "deserves it."

And because of this, we are now leaving out an undefeated team, and regular season games are mattering less and less. When there's a huge upset now, it really isn't huge anymore. Its just "shrug, they'll still get in the playoffs, because [reason that justifies them getting in, aka usually the eyeball test]"

No offense to any particular teams; the committee is a joke, that's all.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

24294449_10212479057789529_7018533146119781946_n.jpg

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama had a stronger SOS going into the games yesterday...and their SOS was damaged by FSU dropping so far in the rankings, a large part of which was because Alabama injured FSU's staring QB in game 1. OSU got rolled at home by a top 5 team and crushed on the road by a scrub team. Bama lost to a top 5 team in a rivalry game on the road. Bama would beat OSU head to head. It's the four best teams, not the four best conference Champs, as OSU well knows...
Come on get real!!! Pull up Bama's schedule on Google and go through every game they played this year. Then tell me a good quality team they beat this season, maybe LSU, but that's all. Don's give me the FSU bullshit, they lost their first game of the season and then loss to UNC and then fell in the polls.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on get real!!! Pull up Bama's schedule on Google and go through every game they played this year. Then tell me a good quality team they beat this season, maybe LSU, but that's all. Don's give me the FSU bullshit, they lost they first game of the season to UNC and then fell in the poll,
Who the Hell has OSU beaten? They are in a totally overrated conference. They beat a Wisconsin team that would have gone 8-4 if they were an SEC team. Big Deal

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the Hell has OSU beaten? They are in a totally overrated conference. They beat a Wisconsin team that would have gone 8-4 if they were an SEC team. Big Deal
LOL, you think that Wisconsin would have went 8-4 in the weak SEC this season? The SEC is not as strong this season as in the past. Nevertheless you do have your opinion and I can respect that.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll settle for laughing in your face
You do that? Let's just let the committee make their 4 picks for the playoffs. We can't do anything about who they pick.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell did any of the ranked Big 10 teams do to be ranked?
The entire basis of the Buckeyes argument is they played all these ranked Big 10 teams.

Northwestern gettting rolled by Duke....
Michigan State was embarassed by Notre Dame...
Oklahoma needed to discipline Baker Mayfield for humiliating Ohio State...
Wisconsin & Penn State dont have a single OOC win versus a bowl eligible team anyone can find on a map.

The rankings of the entire league are base purely on Conference Wins.
Every single time a Big 10 team stepped out of conference, they got blown out by any semi-decent team.

So, if you are going to bash Alabama's schedule (rightfully so), you also need to bash the entire Big 10 schedule.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do that? Let's just let the committee make their 4 picks for the playoffs. We can't do anything about who they pick.
LOL, true that, I actually don't like either team. I believe they should eliminate the conference Championship games for the 5 major conferences. Take the 5 regular season conference champs, along with the three best At Large teams, and those 8 are the playoff teams

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the OSU fans being butthurt downvoting posts but don't have a logical response.

Same thing with Bama fans down voting posts without having a logical reason.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell did any of the ranked Big 10 teams do to be ranked?
The entire basis of the Buckeyes argument is they played all these ranked Big 10 teams.

Northwestern gettting rolled by Duke....
Michigan State was embarassed by Notre Dame...
Oklahoma needed to discipline Baker Mayfield for humiliating Ohio State...
Wisconsin & Penn State dont have a single OOC win versus a bowl eligible team anyone can find on a map.

The rankings of the entire league are base purely on Conference Wins.
Every single time a Big 10 team stepped out of conference, they got blown out by any semi-decent team.

So, if you are going to bash Alabama's schedule (rightfully so), you also need to bash the entire Big 10 schedule.

I don't disagree, but I feel you can say that same about the majority of conference teams.

Auburn and Georgia have decent OOC slates, and I don't blame Alabama for FSU's anomaly season, but the other ranked SEC teams are in the same boat. LSU's OOC was BYU, Chattanooga and Troy. Miss State had Charleston Southern, Louisiana Tech and BYU.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, there are many others just by looking around a bit. TCU, Oklahoma State, Washington, Washington State to name a few.

I thought Penn State deserved #4 last year, and I think Ohio State deserves it this year by similar logic. That being said, if I'm being honest, I think Alabama is the better team on a neutral field.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Georgia, Clemson and Oklahoma winning their conference championships, I think it's safe to say they are in. Who is the fourth team? B1G champions Ohio State, 1-loss Alabama or is it another team sneaking in??

DISCUSS!!!
It'll be Ohio State, because they'll keep adjusting what's important each year to fit what works for Ohio State. It shouldn't be them then.