• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who is going to win the NFC South?

Who will win the NFC South?

• Total voters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me with Carolina it boils down to the addition of playmakers. I'm not usually one to depend on rookies as they are so tough to figure out how they will do from the get go but I really like McCaffrey in that offense to be explosive from day 1. Last year they put too much of their success on the shoulders of Cam and he crumbled. They needed to make that offense much more versatile to get it back to that 2015 level and I think they did that and more with what they added. I was also a big Curtis Samuel fan in the draft as well so adding both just seems criminal.

Mike Shula runs one of the most vanilla OFCs in the league...if Cam is not running for 500 or 600 yds, they will struggle to challenge for the DIV. McCaffery is not going to be an in between the tackles runner for 16 games...his body won't hold up...on another team that could use his pass catching/running skills and get him in space would've been a better fit....he could be deadly on a team like GB.

I thought CAR should have taken OJ Howard and came back with Cook or Joe Mixon. I do like Curtis Samuel...we'll see how it turns out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Shula runs one of the most vanilla OFCs in the league...if Cam is not running for 500 or 600 yds, they will struggle to challenge for the DIV. McCaffery is not going to be an in between the tackles runner for 16 games...his body won't hold up...on another team that could use his pass catching/running skills and get him in space would've been a better fit....he could be deadly on a team like GB.

I thought CAR should have taken OJ Howard and came back with Cook or Joe Mixon. I do like Curtis Samuel...we'll see how it turns out.

I so agree with your post. Seems like the Panthers are trying something new. Not only drafting McCaffery, but drafting Curtis Samuel also. Very strange draft for the offense they been running. Really looking forward to seeing how the Panthers offense ends up looking. Do they make some real changes from what they have done in the past?