• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who is going to win the NFC South?

Who will win the NFC South?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
My homer vote was Panthers but I think it's wide open. If I had a gun to my head I would have to say the Bucks. That is a damned scarey receiving corps. RR and O line is still a question mark though

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
My homer vote was Panthers but I think it's wide open. If I had a gun to my head I would have to say the Bucks. That is a damned scarey receiving corps. RR and O line is still a question mark though
Mak that RB not RR

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough division....going with Atlanta because they have big offensive firepower and a young defense that got better as the season went on last year and should continue that this year. I could see any of the 4 winning this.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd toughest division to pick behind the AFC West. I went with Carolina as they seem to have this every other year be good thing down. I also like some of the playmakers they added and still have plenty on the defense to make life difficult for others.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to Tampa and Atlanta. Both make the playoffs imo. New Orleans just doesn't have the D yet and Carolina doesn't have the firepower on offense unless Benjamin picks it way way up and the rookies play out of their mind. I'll go

Atlanta 11-5
Tampa 10-6
New Orleans 8-8
Carolina 7-9

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of falling in line with most here. I picked ATL because I think the DEF will be better and even though the OFC should come back some it should still be good.

Bucs have some interesting road games, MIA, BUF, MIN...imo they are more talented than these teams, but it won't be easy to win those games...if the win them all...I like them to win the DIV.

CAR...imo they are getting too old at DE to be a great pass rushing team, but we shall see. They rebound but I'm not sure they get to 10 wins.

NO...with or w/o AP, Brees and Payton will score points so I didn't quite understand that move...have they done enough on DEF to be a playoff team...IDT so.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd toughest division to pick behind the AFC West. I went with Carolina as they seem to have this every other year be good thing down. I also like some of the playmakers they added and still have plenty on the defense to make life difficult for others.

It tough to be adamant about anything in this DIV. I think ATL will repeat DEF should be better and OFC will continue to be strong. Else Tampa will win if they can win some winnable games on the road.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Carolina but Atlanta is definitely in the mix. Going to come down to which QB has a better season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It tough to be adamant about anything in this DIV. I think ATL will repeat DEF should be better and OFC will continue to be strong. Else Tampa will win if they can win some winnable games on the road.

I like Atlanta's overall roster more than Carolina's but the Super Bowl loser hang over in my opinion is real. To have gotten to that peak and not been able to fully finish the job is just a tough mental barrier to overcome. So I see a bit of a slide back. I also like Carolina to bounce back in part because the defense is healthy again. They had some tough injuries to key players that took them from a top-5 unit like they were the year before.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Atlanta's overall roster more than Carolina's but the Super Bowl loser hang over in my opinion is real. To have gotten to that peak and not been able to fully finish the job is just a tough mental barrier to overcome. So I see a bit of a slide back. I also like Carolina to bounce back in part because the defense is healthy again. They had some tough injuries to key players that took them from a top-5 unit like they were the year before.
I think another factor is that either Christian McCaffrey and/or Curtis Samuel have a huge chance of making an immediate impact.

Funchess, Ginn and Stewart are guys that you don't really want to lean on so I could see some real improvements in their offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another factor is that either Christian McCaffrey and/or Curtis Samuel have a huge chance of making an immediate impact.

Funchess, Ginn and Stewart are guys that you don't really want to lean on so I could see some real improvements in their offense.

McCaffrey feels like the type of player that definitely could have a huge day 1 presence. His dad I'm sure has helped prepare him for life in the NFL and he has always seemed like a mature player in college. the one complaint players had about him was that he was too serious and at times got after other teammates for not taking it as seriously as he did. That type of attitude will translate well to early success.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree about the SB hangover on some level, but this team is so young...they know they blew it, and they've accepted it as an opportunity lost. Quinn seems to know what buttons to push, I'm not expecting a huge drop off...does that mean they will win the DIV? No, but I don't expect a CAR like SB hangover unless Ryan gets hurt.

CAR...We know they are better than LY. They got Peppers and Johnson can still play, but imo they're relying on some aging players to play well. I'm not sure they got much better at CB, or OL. We'll have to see how the pass rushers hold up for 16 games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree about the SB hangover on some level, but this team is so young...they know they blew it, and they've accepted it as an opportunity lost. Quinn seems to know what buttons to push, I'm not expecting a huge drop off...does that mean they will win the DIV? No, but I don't expect a CAR like SB hangover unless Ryan gets hurt.

CAR...We know they are better than LY. They got Peppers and Johnson can still play, but imo they're relying on some aging players to play well. I'm not sure they got much better at CB, or OL. We'll have to see how the pass rushers hold up for 16 games.

I guess for me with Carolina it boils down to the addition of playmakers. I'm not usually one to depend on rookies as they are so tough to figure out how they will do from the get go but I really like McCaffrey in that offense to be explosive from day 1. Last year they put too much of their success on the shoulders of Cam and he crumbled. They needed to make that offense much more versatile to get it back to that 2015 level and I think they did that and more with what they added. I was also a big Curtis Samuel fan in the draft as well so adding both just seems criminal.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Atlanta bounces back... Tampa Bay is kinda up and coming right now... This division is seriously tough to call, because Carolina is better than what they showed last year and they should bounce back ... I'll go with Atlanta since they're the NFC champs, until someone dethrones them...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division is tough to call, no doubt about it. Going with the Bucs, see the Falcons regressing offensively in a big way. The D will be better, but not enough to offset the regression on offensive. Bucs just look primed to take over. Panthers are a dark horse, added some interesting pieces on offense. I don't even count out the Saints, see some progress on defense, but probably not enough.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call and could go either way but I think the Bucs edge the Falcons by a game for the division.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB
Atl
Car
NO