• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who do you want to start at QB and why?

Who do you want to start at QB?

• Total voters

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the race is truly "close" like we're being told then I think Martinez will get the start due to the running dimension he adds.

However, I never buy into "The race is close" mantra by coaches because they're trying to push BOTH QB's to practice and study harder.

If Gebbia gets the start it's because he's clearly in the lead and has been all along.

Must have truly been close.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have truly been close.

From what I gathered on the Twitter blogs over the fall camp, Martinez came into camp with a bit of a padded lead on the race.

It was Gebbia who actually closed the gap, but just never did quite grab the lead.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter now. Gebbia is set to transfer. Already confirmed that he pulled out of classes and is no longer enrolled at the university and he didn't attend practice today.

I don't understand this move, unless he is figuring that he can get into a JUCO place now and start, but it HAS to be too late. He should just stick around this year since it is so close to the season and he would likely have to sit out next year anyway, get his reps, experience (because he will play), and make his decision at years end. Nevermind the obvious 'you lost the job, suck it up' mindset.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter now. Gebbia is set to transfer. Already confirmed that he pulled out of classes and is no longer enrolled at the university and he didn't attend practice today.

I don't understand this move, unless he is figuring that he can get into a JUCO place now and start, but it HAS to be too late. He should just stick around this year since it is so close to the season and he would likely have to sit out next year anyway, get his reps, experience (because he will play), and make his decision at years end. Nevermind the obvious 'you lost the job, suck it up' mindset.
If he enrolls somewhere now (as in before classes start wherever he goes) he wouldn’t have to sit next year. That is why he’s going now.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he enrolls somewhere now (as in before classes start wherever he goes) he wouldn’t have to sit next year. That is why he’s going now.

Slim pickings, classes started last week in Lincoln according to Bishop and Peterson. I would imagine that many if not most others have started as well.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slim pickings, classes started last week in Lincoln according to Bishop and Peterson. I would imagine that many if not most others have started as well.
Lots of west coast schools haven’t started and that’s close to home for him. That is absolutely the reason he made the decision now.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously can't blame Gebbia, but you can definitely question his maturity. I think this was a bad move on his part. Hurts him, hurts the football team.... Just not good for anyone.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, Nebraska's #2 and #3 backups are now walk-ons.

Andrew Bunch (SO) JUCO
Matt Masker (T- FR) Kearney Catholic HS

I wonder if Frost throttles Martinez back on running the ball?

Very valid question

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andrew Bunch (SO) JUCO

I wonder how many snaps the quitter stole from these guys?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andrew Bunch (SO) JUCO

Coach had the same dilemma at UCF, admitting he didn’t call as much running plays for Milton being a 180 lb runt but that didn’t stop him from taking off when the play broke down, kid just did by instinct. I don’t see AM taking a knee either for better or worse hopefully the prior.
I did see AM throw the ball into the ground vs taking a sack or lobbing a trademarked Tanner Lee -6 ball so that was different than what we’re accustomed to

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach had the same dilemma at UCF, admitting he didn’t call as much running plays for Milton being a 180 lb runt but that didn’t stop him from taking off when the play broke down, kid just did by instinct. I don’t see AM taking a knee either for better or worse hopefully the prior.
I did see AM throw the ball into the ground vs taking a sack or lobbing a trademarked Tanner Lee -6 ball so that was different than what we’re accustomed to

Just so long as he's not trying to throw into triple coverage like another Martinez we all know! :trash:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously can't blame Gebbia, but you can definitely question his maturity. I think this was a bad move on his part. Hurts him, hurts the football team.... Just not good for anyone.

I give props to frost for not lying and deceiving kids like schools such as Maryland and Texas tech are doing just to prevent kids from transferring.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Alabama.

That is a whole mess of an issue right there. if it is gonna be Tua, it's in Hurts best interest to NOT transfer because he is graduating in Dec and would be a grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility remaining, and he'd need both of them if he wants any chance of developing into a pro prospect at QB.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, anyone ponder options for emergency 4th string QB? so many people throwing out Lamar Jackson and Cam Taylor and i just laugh, those two have enough trying to learn the defense. i'd think they look at someone on offense that can throw well enough, a WR or RB. Mazour played QB in HS, right. basically someone that could do the option stuff and respectable enough in the throwing game.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, anyone ponder options for emergency 4th string QB? so many people throwing out Lamar Jackson and Cam Taylor and i just laugh, those two have enough trying to learn the defense. i'd think they look at someone on offense that can throw well enough, a WR or RB. Mazour played QB in HS, right. basically someone that could do the option stuff and respectable enough in the throwing game.
Frost could go out there with a fake name, jersey and pads, and a mullet wig!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

run the read option like Baylor did at the end of one year where they had Johnny Jefferson basically playing Read option QB?