• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who do you want to start at QB and why?

Who do you want to start at QB?

• Total voters

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woke up this morning feeling like it’s more than likely Adrian.

I feel this way because of how Verduzco says he’s giving his starter a lengthy leash to work with. If you look ahead 3 years from now, which one of these 2 guys has more upside?

I think Gebbia is a guy who can get you 7-8 wins this year and 9 wins each year thereafter, but Adrian is that guy who can take you the distance down the road once he grows into his role.

Frost and Verduzco both like to pick a guy and stick to their guns. Martinez will likely come with more early growing pains, probably a good amount of turnovers.....but down the road he is more than likely the guy to build Nebraska back to what Frost wants it to be because he’s just a more dynamic playmaker.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today's the day boys. we are hearing for sure. I don't really know, just guessing.

i was thinking about Big Red Marine's post last night, you don't console/talk to the starting QB with 3 guys like that. that seems more like what you'd do with the guy that came in 2nd and you don't want to transfer out of the program immediately.

I also disagree with ya JJM - i think they go with the guy that gives them the best chance to win now without the growing pains. if Gebbia wins the job, it's because he's better at making the quick decisions that are required and i'd think he'd only get better at it with more game experience. At least from what we've heard, he's also not a guy to lose games, so although he might not takeover and win a game with his legs, i do feel like he could possibly do it with his arm and hitting guys in stride for those long TD throws. it would also be on our defense to get turnovers and not let the other team score as much as we do. Honestly if we can get the Defense up to Wiscy level and with this offense and Gebbia at the helm, we'd make the top of the West and have a shot at the ship.

The one thing i do agree with and it's been said by the coaches, the QB will have a long leash. I picked Gebbia in this poll, but I really could care less. i trust in these coaches. I just hope our O-line has improved enough to make this offense churn.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t - minus 2.5 hours. Coach Frost talks today.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I jest feel like either QB can win all of our non-con games, so they’ll give it to A-mart and let him grow and make mistakes building for the future.

Gebbia might be the safer bet in the first half of the season, but my senses tell me the ceiling is much higher for Martinez and thus they’ll want to get the ball rolling on his development.

We don’t want to be spinning our wheels in year 2 when we could be trucking.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m also not at practice to see where either of these guys are at right now.

Maybe Adrian is not nearly as close as I’m thinking. Frost sure makes it sound as though he is, but perhaps that’s just coach speak to keep the players competing.

Again we’re all operating based off of assumptions. It’s fun to try and guess though!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way I feel good about the non-starter staying. They'll want to be a part of the Frost offense that has shown success, and they're literally one play away from getting the nod.
Like any new coach, Frost has a bye year. However, I don't think he's the type of guy to use it.
Similar case to UCF where he's got more talent than the majority of opponents, just undeveloped and lacked motivation/belief. I assume he and the staff learned how to get pointed in the right direction from their first year trials at UCF.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way I feel good about the non-starter staying. They'll want to be a part of the Frost offense that has shown success, and they're literally one play away from getting the nod.
Like any new coach, Frost has a bye year. However, I don't think he's the type of guy to use it.
Similar case to UCF where he's got more talent than the majority of opponents, just undeveloped and lacked motivation/belief. I assume he and the staff learned how to get pointed in the right direction from their first year trials at UCF.

Agreed.

And I don’t think he’ll use this as a bye year either, but I do think our non-con schedule can be had by either of the 2 QB’s so it sets up favorably for Frost if one of the 2 has a higher ceiling and needs some experience.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new redshirt rules Martinez can still get some significant playing time this year, if they go with Gebbia, without losing a year of eligibility.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new redshirt rules Martinez can still get some significant playing time this year, if they go with Gebbia, without losing a year of eligibility.

Tis true, but then again Verduzco said when they name the starter he will have a very very lengthy leash.

So unless we be blowin teams out thee water I don’t know how the 2nd string QB factors in much in terms of playing time.

It sounds like he and Frost really want to give the starter the keys to the car and let him own it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We is maybe about to find out.

Excited either way. Can’t wait!

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said decision and announcement to come sometime this weekend.

So I’m going to assume that means tomorrow after practice whilst media is present.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care which one starts as long as it's the QB that will take us the farthest. I voted for Gebbia but I hope they both get ample playing time just so they are ready if/when the starter gets hurt.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone is better than the interception machine that started last year. :eyebrows: