• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who do you want to start at QB and why?

Who do you want to start at QB?

• Total voters

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else seeing anything about Tristan Gebbia to Oregon State?

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel

Up until the depth chart was released this poll heavily favored Gebbia by a vote of 11 to 6.

5FDDE3A3-24AF-481E-A02A-92CC39C1E75A.gif

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, kid is getting great advice. Go to the worst school you can think of, you’re sure to start and you’ll be a legend

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't exactly have a ton of options. Name some schools you think would have been better? he probably wanted a prostyle offense, so that limited him right there. and he needed a school in the quarters system that would take him. Also probably wanted a school with scholarships still available. he waited so long, most schools had already given out their extra ships to walk-on seniors. Oregon State isn't a horrible choice if the new coaching staff can get them back to where Riley had them. They aren't winning the PAC but Riley had proven you can get QBs to the NFL without having great seasons. so with 3 years still to play and them going with a SR at QB it probably gives him a pretty good chance to start in the future.

this really goes back to the fact that if he knew Martinez was leading the race coming out of the spring, why didn't he transfer like POB. so did Frost lead him on that he actually had a shot? Frost would have been better off pushing him out the door and then trying to grab a JUCO QB or going after a grad transfer like Burrow.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for him. He'll be adored by their fans. Both of them. He'll be the big turd in the toilet.
I can see him leading them to 10 wins, before he graduates.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't exactly have a ton of options. Name some schools you think would have been better? he probably wanted a prostyle offense, so that limited him right there. and he needed a school in the quarters system that would take him. Also probably wanted a school with scholarships still available. he waited so long, most schools had already given out their extra ships to walk-on seniors. Oregon State isn't a horrible choice if the new coaching staff can get them back to where Riley had them. They aren't winning the PAC but Riley had proven you can get QBs to the NFL without having great seasons. so with 3 years still to play and them going with a SR at QB it probably gives him a pretty good chance to start in the future.

this really goes back to the fact that if he knew Martinez was leading the race coming out of the spring, why didn't he transfer like POB. so did Frost lead him on that he actually had a shot? Frost would have been better off pushing him out the door and then trying to grab a JUCO QB or going after a grad transfer like Burrow.

Yeah, don't forget Jonathan Smith was a very highly regarded OC before getting hired back at his alma mater.

But yes, the timing of the announcement definitely left him with few options.

But sitting behind another player in your class for 4 years didn't make sense. Not being able to RS (cause he already had) really handcuffed him here.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for him. He'll be adored by their fans. Both of them. He'll be the big turd in the toilet.
I can see him leading them to 10 wins, before he graduates.

Yea I think he’ll do well there.

They’ll win games by a score of like 49-45 or something, but he’ll probably launch his NFL career there.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious now why he didn't win the battle to start. He makes bad decisions.