• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do the Seahawks take in the first round.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS and PC will probably take a guy that seems like a stretch and they'll get a WTF from me, but then 3 years later it will look like the best pick ever.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS and PC will probably take a guy that seems like a stretch and they'll get a WTF from me, but then 3 years later it will look like the best pick ever.
Pretty much....which is why I don't get too engrossed in trying to predict who it's going to be or even "well it must be a XX now since so-and-so signed with another team." Also, except for ET, Schneider & Carroll haven't been great in the first round. They've traded the picks away with mixed results, and the players they have taken have also been a mixed bag.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense.

Lots of good defensive players in the early rounds, including several top tier talents who will fall 15-20 spots due to "character concerns".

Xavien Howard
Leonard Floyd

Been thinking about the Seahawks taking a defensive player, seems to me that Carroll said the OL was a priority , they could of tried to fix it with a vet, but they haven't really even show much interest in guys like Beachum or Penn. The vets they have signed seem like depth/ competition players. So unless a real difference maker on defense is there ( not even sure this draft has one ) to be had, I think they plan to draft a OT in round one.:2cents:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be good with taking a DT in the 1st and trading up in the 2nd for an OT in the mid 2nd. Im not convinced ifedi gets taken before mid 2nd round.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be good with taking a DT in the 1st and trading up in the 2nd for an OT in the mid 2nd. Im not convinced ifedi gets taken before mid 2nd round.

I agree with this about Ifedi. He wont be there for our #56 pick in the 2nd round.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Harold, not getting alerts to being tagged.

I'm really not one to ask about specific players pre-draft, so I'll defer to those who know the prospects better.

As far as position though, we just really need to address the Oline with guys who weren't college Dlinemen. I hope we go Best Offensive Lineman Available 1st rd and pick up a LB, CB, and Safety or two along the way.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that list is all there, I'm between Decker and Rankins.

Of the people I believe will be there, I'd probably go Ifedi. I'd try and get Bullard in the 2nd (likely by moving up a bit).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that list is all there, I'm between Decker and Rankins.

Of the people I believe will be there, I'd probably go Ifedi. I'd try and get Bullard in the 2nd (likely by moving up a bit).

Both Seahawks and Broncos showed interest in Ifedi. For teams picking near the bottom of the draft and needing a OL help he's a candidate to be drafted by one of those teams in the first I'm thinking. Looks to be more of a RT who could play left tackle if need be, make a good guard also, if that where he's needed.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Harold, not getting alerts to being tagged.

I'm really not one to ask about specific players pre-draft, so I'll defer to those who know the prospects better.

As far as position though, we just really need to address the Oline with guys who weren't college Dlinemen. I hope we go Best Offensive Lineman Available 1st rd and pick up a LB, CB, and Safety or two along the way.

I found that 2?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name who you think the Seahawks will take with their first pick. Too many choices for a poll. Just a few choices that come to mind.

Jason Spriggs
A'Shawn Robinson
Robert Nkemdiche
Taylor Decker
Darron Lee
Jonathan Bullard
Germain Ifedi
Sheldon Rankin
Eli Apple
Keanu Neal

I'm hoping for Taylor Decker, but expecting Germain Ifedi. Who do you got?

I don't follow the pre-draft runup as closely as a lot of you, but it would help if you could list their projected positions.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would prefer a DL in the first because the class is SO deep and strong early on. A lot of the guys available in the late first may very well be mid 1st round picks in other drafts whereas a lot of the OL may be a bit of a reach in the first.

Maybe we can trade up in the 2nd round with our 3rd (since we have a compensatory to use) and snag an OL. I just don't know if I see any premium guys in the LATE 1st and it may be no much better than a 2nd/3rd rounder or mediocre veteran who has at least adjusted to speed.

Yah Wilson is important and we need to keep him up, but still gotta go for value.

That said, I've given up on Carroll/Schneider drafts. They'll take an early 3rd inside linebacker with their first or something goofball. I had mocked and wanted Kawaan Short in the late first but alas, we traded for Percy Harvin and then took a runningback. lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would prefer a DL in the first because the class is SO deep and strong early on. A lot of the guys available in the late first may very well be mid 1st round picks in other drafts whereas a lot of the OL may be a bit of a reach in the first.

Maybe we can trade up in the 2nd round with our 3rd (since we have a compensatory to use) and snag an OL. I just don't know if I see any premium guys in the LATE 1st and it may be no much better than a 2nd/3rd rounder or mediocre veteran who has at least adjusted to speed.

Yah Wilson is important and we need to keep him up, but still gotta go for value.

That said, I've given up on Carroll/Schneider drafts. They'll take an early 3rd inside linebacker with their first or something goofball. I had mocked and wanted Kawaan Short in the late first but alas, we traded for Percy Harvin and then took a runningback. lol.

So who is this DL you feel will be such a value? Lots of run stuffers, very few pass rushers that are DL in this draft from what I read. I imagine pass rushers will be going early.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is this DL you feel will be such a value? Lots of run stuffers, very few pass rushers that are DL in this draft from what I read. I imagine pass rushers will be going early.

Not sure yet, Harold. I'd need to give it a bit more thought, but no question there are many talented DLs available in the 1st/2nd this year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much....which is why I don't get too engrossed in trying to predict who it's going to be or even "well it must be a XX now since so-and-so signed with another team." Also, except for ET, Schneider & Carroll haven't been great in the first round. They've traded the picks away with mixed results, and the players they have taken have also been a mixed bag.

Well in fairness they've only had 4 1st round picks in the 6 years they have been drafting. Two of them were Pro Bowlers(ET, Okung), Carpenter is a starting caliber player(granted for another team), and Irvin has been at worst a starter caliber player who occasionally drifts to the next level.

So it's not like they've been terrible in the first round. They've just had a lot more picks in the later rounds, by design.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in fairness they've only had 4 1st round picks in the 6 years they have been drafting. Two of them were Pro Bowlers(ET, Okung), Carpenter is a starting caliber player(granted for another team), and Irvin has been at worst a starter caliber player who occasionally drifts to the next level.

So it's not like they've been terrible in the first round. They've just had a lot more picks in the later rounds, by design.
I agree, not terrible. I guess with this FO I end up getting more interested in what happens later in the draft, and the outlook of our team does not hinge on what we do with that first pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, not terrible. I guess with this FO I end up getting more interested in what happens later in the draft, and the outlook of our team does not hinge on what we do with that first pick.

Oh completely agree with that. I don't even bother trying to figure out who we are going to take. I stopped doing that when we drafted Bruce Irvin.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh completely agree with that. I don't even bother trying to figure out who we are going to take. I stopped doing that when we drafted Bruce Irvin.
Exactly, which is why I think in my first post in this thread I made the comment that what we do in round 1 is not going to be driven by what particular player(s) we lose in free agency leading up to the draft. It's just not how this team operates, thankfully.

They've also made the draft a bit less interesting to me. I usually don't know anything about the guys we pick, and the tendency is to second guess when that happens....and as it turns out -- get this -- these guys know more about this than me. I still watch (most of it), but I no longer spend hours and hours fine-toothing the draft mags/sites to research all the players. We also pick at the end of the round now, and that makes it much, much tougher to figure out who it's going to be.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, which is why I think in my first post in this thread I made the comment that what we do in round 1 is not going to be driven by what particular player(s) we lose in free agency leading up to the draft. It's just not how this team operates, thankfully.

They've also made the draft a bit less interesting to me. I usually don't know anything about the guys we pick, and the tendency is to second guess when that happens....and as it turns out -- get this -- these guys know more about this than me. I still watch (most of it), but I no longer spend hours and hours fine-toothing the draft mags/sites to research all the players. We also pick at the end of the round now, and that makes it much, much tougher to figure out who it's going to be.

I think this year will be a bit different then previous drafts just with the facts of how PC was generally disappointed with the overall play of the o-line and a couple of players leaving through FA. Now I have no idea who they like/targeting, but I do feel o-line will be addressed with the first pick.