• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who cares about the B1G ...

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Georgia Fan talking about titles is pretty fresh,.......
2 things ... the post seems to be pretty much on point. 1 team in the B1G has been in the finals a couple times. So, the B1G not being involved isn't the big thing people are making it out to be. Second, if your team has to have won a title to discuss this that seems pretty stupid and eliminates most people here. UGA is plenty relevant right now, titles since 1980 notwithstanding. So, I'll keep discussing it, you keep trying to respond and tell me where the meme is wrong.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the league of exceptional learners may be playing for title by themselves, or should I say playing with themselves??
If there isn't a NC game, I'd be glad to be playing for the SECC! It's that important to us. I just want CFB in 2020.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there isn't a NC game, I'd be glad to be playing for the SECC! It's that important to us. I just want CFB in 2020.

as do we all, brotha. as do we all.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do too. The Plandemic is not as big as most make it to be IMO. However, I would safely bet, this decision by the B1G is in part made to reduce liability when this spreads as they play games. The problem will get to big to manage, look at what is happening in baseball, schedule is all chopped up with delays and game cancellations. I would not be at all surprise if some schools/leagues try to play, just don't think it will go well if they do.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a week Mogumbo, Pac-12 has cancelled...dominoes falling as we speak
Duh ... that's all anyone is asking ... give it time to play out. The SEC moved to a late September start so we could do exactly that. Ultimately, they could decide not to play. That's on the table. But the idea that grown ass men running a multi-billion dollar entity are going to fold up because some other grown ass men did the same thing is ridiculous. The SEC TV money is not fully dependent on other conferences. We would make less without fans, and without the CFP, but SEC football will make a ton if they pull this off.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh ... that's all anyone is asking ... give it time to play out. The SEC moved to a late September start so we could do exactly that. Ultimately, they could decide not to play. That's on the table. But the idea that grown ass men running a multi-billion dollar entity are going to fold up because some other grown ass men did the same thing is ridiculous. The SEC TV money is not fully dependent on other conferences. We would make less without fans, and without the CFP, but SEC football will make a ton if they pull this off.
SEC cancels like EVERYONE else

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC cancels like EVERYONE else
Could be, but they are going to be deliberate in determining whether they do or not. I mean it's not like you are way out in front predicting there won't be a CFB season. Any rational person would say that is the most likely scenario. But as the SEC commissioner just tweeted, there is no rush to make a decision. We have at least three weeks to see how things are going and to make that decision.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UN not about to be cucked like the rest of the B1G:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC aint canceling because the B1G does ... they will make their own decision.
Not because, but it will make them consider it more. Once larger conferences start doing it, other large conferences will consider it more strongly. It's just how it works.
I don't believe the NFL would cancel their season if college football has a season, but once college football doesn't happen, the NFL will have their necks on the line.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not because, but it will make them consider it more. Once larger conferences start doing it, other large conferences will consider it more strongly. It's just how it works.
I don't believe the NFC would cancel their season if college football has a season, but once college football doesn't happen, the NFL will have their necks on the line.
Sure, that makes total sense. It will be one of many things they consider.

Don't agree on the NFL ... totally different with paid and represented players.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are just being silly. Move along.
The same was said about the conference only schedule. Where is the SEC on that?