• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/17 Who Cares @ I Don't Give a Darn

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tzill, do you think Manaea has pitched his way to an opt out? ("If I can do this at Coors Field, I can do this anywhere! I need more money!")

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guy mentioned yesterday he was concerned about Doval’s ability to close certain games. I think I’m going to talk with him and see what he knows.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guy mentioned yesterday about, he was concerned about Doval’s ability to close certain games. I think I’m going to talk with him and see what he knows.
If you want to doubt one of the top 5 players on the team, I won’t stop ya.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Manaea's fault that he couldn't make it through the 6th inning with a nine run lead behind him? He was at something like 75 pitches to start the inning. Since he hadn't pitched that many innings, nor pitches, most of the season, was it a mistaken hope that he would make it one more inning or was it just stupid managing? It certainly let the Rox back into a game they had no good reason to be in.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t Taylor the guy I said should come in until Doval gets his head back on ? Doval will be back hopefully in time for the playoffs. I still have faith in him, he is a very good pitcher, the pressure just needs to be taken off him instead of sticking him in the fire. After Webb he is one of most important pitchers and we need him to get better.
I despise both. Games like this is why I am checked out on this team and this FO as a whole.
Don’t give up, we need you here. Even it is negative, quite often it is justified.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t Taylor the guy I said should come in until Doval gets his head back on ? Doval will be back hopefully in time for the playoffs. I still have faith in him, he is a very good pitcher, the pressure just needs to be taken off him instead of sticking him in the fire. After Webb he is one of most important pitchers and we need him to get better.

Don’t give up, we need you here. Even it is negative, quite often it is justified.
Don't worry, cal isn't going anywhere. He just doesn't like this iteration of the Giants.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tzill, do you think Manaea has pitched his way to an opt out? ("If I can do this at Coors Field, I can do this anywhere! I need more money!")
There is a scenario where he believes "I have very little shot at a rotation spot with the Giants, but can get a better shot elsewhere and I'm a starter" If someone steps up with a decent offer...he could be gone.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manaeuuugh pitched like shit
Brebbiuuughh pitched like shit
Tyler pitched like shit
Doval pitched like shit.

Altitude or not, this team is not good.

Bring up the kids, bring on 2024

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manaeuuugh pitched like shit
Brebbiuuughh pitched like shit
Tyler pitched like shit
Doval pitched like shit.

Altitude or not, this team is not good.

Bring up the kids, bring on 2024

I dunno. Manaea pitched very well for five innings. Was he out of gas for the 6th? Not prepared? Does he just suck? Would things have changed if he had just been pulled after five and the bullpen takes over? As much as I have been angered at Manaea's performances this season, I liked what I saw in innings 1-5.

The rest, yes, a fecalfest.