• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who benches a captain?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary? not yet? oh.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many teams are blessed with a rabid fan base, a franchise goalie just entering his prime, and a 19 year old future Norris candidate. As a hockey fan, I'd love to see someone come in and make that team competitive. I think as long as Regier and Ruff are running the show, they will continue to wallow in mediocrity.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a better indicator that something is wrong in Buffalo than the fact that the captain can't even get in the game?

Rivet working to keep his 'C' legs - Sabres & NHL - The Buffalo News

IF it were up to me Rivet would be in and Weber would be on a bus to Portland for that HORRENDOUS giveaway that gift wrapped the Bruins a goal the other night.

I'm not a big Rivet fan but I don't believe even he would have made that dumb a play. That was one of the worst plays I've ever seen a defense men make in his own end of the ice.

I agree with you that it must make it tough in the locker room when your captain is always a healthy scratch. Isn't the captain supposed to be one of the team leaders?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt Keenan bench his captains all the time?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF it were up to me Rivet would be in and Weber would be on a bus to Portland for that HORRENDOUS giveaway that gift wrapped the Bruins a goal the other night.

I'm not a big Rivet fan but I don't believe even he would have made that dumb a play. That was one of the worst plays I've ever seen a defense men make in his own end of the ice.

I agree with you that it must make it tough in the locker room when your captain is always a healthy scratch. Isn't the captain supposed to be one of the team leaders?

A leader, yes, but not in points. People always say this and it irritates the shit outta me. Drury is a great leader but he doesn't put up points, yet Ranger fans always call for his head. I also believe some teams make the mistake of putting the C on the player who racks up the points, and thats a bad move, a leader needs charisma, luckily for the Pens, Crosby has matured into that role.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A leader, yes, but not in points. People always say this and it irritates the shit outta me. Drury is a great leader but he doesn't put up points, yet Ranger fans always call for his head. I also believe some teams make the mistake of putting the C on the player who racks up the points, and thats a bad move, a leader needs charisma, luckily for the Pens, Crosby has matured into that role.

I agree Jeff and I never said points leader. A leader is a guy that plays with passion and heart and has the respect of his team mates and if he cannot crack the starting line up he should not be the captain.

It's hard to be a leader from the press box.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Jeff and I never said points leader. A leader is a guy that plays with passion and heart and has the respect of his team mates and if he cannot crack the starting line up he should not be the captain.

It's hard to be a leader from the press box.

Agreed.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I says PARDON..

The Champ?!?

One of my favourites involved his wife at a dealership talking to a car salesman. They agree to a price on a car, but the Champ thinks she's getting duped, so he goes down to the dealership to talk to the salesman. After a couple of minutes, the salesman says, "Hey, why don't we get your wife down her so we can dicker over the car?"

I says Pardon...

I snap, lose it, I fake him with a tire iron and the idiot goes for it...blah blah blah.

Funny stuff.

klyper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What one sticks out for me was when Champ and Mrs Champ just arrived to visit friends, and the guys says "hey Champ, why don't you take your coat and jacket-off".

I says Pardon.

I snap, lose it, I fake him out with a coat hanger, and the ultra-maroon goes for it.....yada yada yada

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan benched his son in a father-son pickup game...

/Never benched Messier

In fairness to Iron Mike's record of benching talent, Mark Messier kinda coached himself starting with Roger Neilsen...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, Klyper, how did you sneak back in here without a major "welcome back" fanfare??? What kept you away for so long, and do you plan to stay this time? :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sens have never done it, I can tell you that.