• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the Top Two WR's in the NFL?

Who is it?

• Calvin Johnson

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Dez Bryant

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • Demaryuis Thomas

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Antonio Brown

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • AJ Green

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Julio Jones

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please choose the top two in the poll.

What's your opinions?

Mine? If you think Megatron isn't the best WR in the NFL today then you are delusional. It's really a question of who's the second best. Dez Bryant or Demaryuis Thomas and whose QB made them better Peyton Manning or Tony Romo.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
athletically, AJ green. if he can stay healthy, holy shit....and he has dalton throwing to him lol

pure skill? brown...no brainer.

CJ is nearing the wrong side of 30.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown and Megatron

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Demaryius is a product of playing with the greatest QB ever.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went Antonio and Dez, but some of the others are very good.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
antonio_brown.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron still gets it done. Would love him on my team.
Homer pick. Give me Edelman. Almost 100 receptions year in and year out now that he's Brady's binki. Doesn't put up Goddy numbers of TDs directly related to the other targets on the team. But keeps the chains moving constantly.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron still gets it done. Would love him on my team.
Homer pick. Give me Edelman. Almost 100 receptions year in and year out now that he's Brady's binki. Doesn't put up Goddy numbers of TDs directly related to the other targets on the team. But keeps the chains moving constantly.
Why didn't you vote for Welker then?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't you vote for Welker then?
He's a has been. I read the OP to mean currently? If Wes was still in NE that may be different. Danny Woodhead though a RB was similar. Fit tge Pats system, worked great with TB. Headed west and headed off to the sunset.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a has been. I read the OP to mean currently? If Wes was still in NE that may be different. Danny Woodhead though a RB was similar. Fit tge Pats system, worked great with TB. Headed west and headed off to the sunset.
I was comparing the two to say that both were/are system wr's and therefore, NOT one of the best in the game

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown & Bryant

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2011, Ladarius Webb made a statement that Antonio Brown (not Mike Wallace) was the best WR on the Steelers and the most difficult to cover. Steeler fans were outraged. They accused Webb of talking trash. Steeler players used it as bulletin board material.

I think Steeltown owes Webb some apologies.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was comparing the two to say that both were/are system wr's and therefore, NOT one of the best in the game
I've posted elsewhere about system players. Why would a team not draft/trade for a system guy? I think everyone who excels is a system player? Sure there are a few that may be great outside of their system. But I argue those are few. Take Harvin for example. Quite possibly a great WR? Went to a team that wasn't part of a system he was part of and he disappeared. Sure there may have been some other issues that attritubted to his demise. But my point is the majority of players excel in their system.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron and Antonio Brown

This isn't even a hard choice.

The most talented WR in the league = Megatron (slowed a little by injuries the last couple year)
And the most productive WR in the league the last two years = Antonio Brown.

What the hell is with 7 people picking Dez?!? Guy has never been top 5 in the league in receptions or yards. He is EASILY the least deserving guy on that list. Everyone else on the list has consistently had better years and all of them are (with the exception of the Brown) faster, stronger and taller. So you aren't voting based on production and you aren't voting on athletic upside. Not sure what people are voting on with him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask some of the crybaby Lions fans, Megatron should not even be on the List. Teams do not game plan for other teams WRs like they do Megatron, so just because he had some injuries now everyone thinks he is too old.

Lets see how many other WRs get triple covered this year.

Antonio Brown is 2nd for me. I wanted the Lions to draft him, but the Steelers drafted him much earlier than anyone had him rated. They must have seen what I saw, LOL. OBJ is a similar type and could join the guys on this list.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've posted elsewhere about system players. Why would a team not draft/trade for a system guy? I think everyone who excels is a system player? Sure there are a few that may be great outside of their system. But I argue those are few. Take Harvin for example. Quite possibly a great WR? Went to a team that wasn't part of a system he was part of and he disappeared. Sure there may have been some other issues that attritubted to his demise. But my point is the majority of players excel in their system.

I would say every one of these guys listed though would thrive just about anywhere they went in any system. They all have the ability to take short passes and get the YAC while also winning the jump balls in double coverage and all can run pretty much the whole route tree. It is why they are listed. These are the special talents that can just thrive even with a mediocre QB.

Now for me I picked D. Thomas and Antonio Brown. I think CJ when healthy obviously is that top choice but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy enough lately for me to put him with the guys that I can trust year to year and game to game will be there for me. D. Thomas and Brown have been the most consistent for the last few years in the league in being able to do it all.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say every one of these guys listed though would thrive just about anywhere they went in any system. They all have the ability to take short passes and get the YAC while also winning the jump balls in double coverage and all can run pretty much the whole route tree. It is why they are listed. These are the special talents that can just thrive even with a mediocre QB.

Now for me I picked D. Thomas and Antonio Brown. I think CJ when healthy obviously is that top choice but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy enough lately for me to put him with the guys that I can trust year to year and game to game will be there for me. D. Thomas and Brown have been the most consistent for the last few years in the league in being able to do it all.
Even though WR is probably the least affected by systems for reasons you mentioned. I still feel that if it's a run first team or a team with a weak OL and or QB the WR in that system doesn't get the attempts required to be considered the vest in the literal term. We all probablly have our own views on what the best means to us?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though WR is probably the least affected by systems for reasons you mentioned. I still feel that if it's a run first team or a team with a weak OL and or QB the WR in that system doesn't get the attempts required to be considered the vest in the literal term. We all probablly have our own views on what the best means to us?

I can agree to a point but there are just certain guys even if they don't put up the biggest numbers you can tell can just dominate a game and even if they only get maybe 5 pass attempts thrown their way they can make the most of it. Such as for DT he at one point had Tim Tebow as his QB and the team maybe threw 15 times a game. Yet DT found ways to put up over 100 yards quite consistently with Tebow as his QB because he could make the most of his opportunities and take a screen pass for 80 yards. With Megatron for most of his career he has been double and even triple covered yet still puts up ridiculous numbers making the impossible catches. We saw this past season with Julio Jones where he went against one of the top corners in the league and just abused him all day long having a career day. These guys just have something that when you watch them makes you go "this guy is special." Even if he doesn't put up the biggest of numbers on that day you can see teams are completely scared of facing that player. If a team game plans every week to stop that one player then that should be a sign that they are one of the top players at their position. They have demanded that kind of respect. I just don't see that with Edelman. Don't get me wrong I do think he is a decent receiver but just not in that top tier of guys.

Look at it this way in me as a fan I look at our schedule for the upcoming season and there are just a handful of players that just make me really nervous that they are going to have a huge game against us. We play the Lions, Steelers, Vikings, and Chiefs. I bet you could name every player I am thinking of that has me scared to play them.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin and Brown . Jones and Green are next tier imo

Last edited: