• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

While we wait.... highlights from other hockey leagues

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Am I the only one who though the hit was clean?
I see the arm went up, but looked like a good step up.

Terrible suicide pass, however.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who though the hit was clean?
I see the arm went up, but looked like a good step up.

Terrible suicide pass, however.

Yeah, I thought the hit was clean as well. Good to see the young kid skated off eventually albeit with some assistance. Also, I don't necessarily agree that rushing a kid into a men's league resulted in this hit, that kind of hit could easily happen in any junior league in Canada with kids the same age.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought the hit was clean as well. Good to see the young kid skated off eventually albeit with some assistance. Also, I don't necessarily agree that rushing a kid into a men's league resulted in this hit, that kind of hit could easily happen in any junior league in Canada with kids the same age.
it probably did or could have imo. I dont know whether the kid was playing in his first game or whatever but hes probably used to a slower pace of play with other smaller kids and probably thought he had more time and space to skate (with his head down!!!) into an area where he should have known he had to be ready/aware to skate into :noidea:

that being said ... this is a learning experience and usually the kids this happens to get woke to this and learn a lesson as opposed to die :noidea:

/i dont remember if I mentioned this summer but in the spring/summer when my son played a tournament in whistler one of the teams they played was stacked with kids who are now playing junior A. This team was *supposed to be* a bchl junior teams spring underage development program team... they tried to cancel their spot in the tournament (which was AA) a week before the tournament started because 3/4 of their AA players couldnt make the trip. The tournament organizers said no refund so the team said ok we're bringing AAA players that are in town from Alberta playing in a bchl identification camp :ohwell:

the end result was one of my sons teammates ended up with a broken pelvis from a hit into the boards

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's certainly a fair point about having more time or expecting to have more time in a younger league and likely not expecting somebody to step up at the blueline like that guy did.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I think one of the better arguments for allowing hitting in 12 year old hockey is that you are getting hit by 12 year olds.

Of course argument against is that some 12 year olds are 6'2, and some are 4'10

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the better arguments for allowing hitting in 12 year old hockey is that you are getting hit by 12 year olds.

Of course argument against is that some 12 year olds are 6'2, and some are 4'10

lol - One of the few hockey games my mom attended was when I was about 9 or 10 years old and there was hitting allowed and I wasn't the biggest guy and got crushed from behind into the boards. I crumpled to the ice and lay there for about 10-15 seconds. Nothing broken, just got the wind knocked out of me and I eventually skated back to the bench.

/That may have been the last hockey game my mom attended lol

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told my BIL he needs to go see these kids this season while they are in Cedar Park. They won’t be there next season.