• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of these quarterbacks would you want in the clutch?

Which of these quarterbacks would you want in the clutch?

• Total voters

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest stat for a clutch game in the end with Moore IMO is that he doesn't LOSE your game.

He won't make that bad throw that ends it. He makes excellent decisions. If you lose it won't be because he forced a ball in and turned it over.

the only late game mistake he ever made was his freshman year against TCU in that bowl game, when he threw a pick at the end.

but he was a freshman against TCU's defense can't fault him.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that actually is, sir

the fact is Kellen Moore is good enough to prevent his team from going down by more than a touchdown

If a quarterback is really great, why would his team be trailing by more than a touchdown????

It's impressive.... but it doesn't tell you anything about whether or not he's clutch, because he's never really had to be.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I look at that list, I have to say...anyone other than Landry Jones. If you need a clutch play...that means its been an ugly game for the offense, which means that Landry Jones has been rattled, which means....he isn't coming back for a clutch moment.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin didn't have 2 losses that happened back-to-back, I probably would consider him. I actually had him down, but figured with 2 losses, I decided to do 9 QBs and one for the rest.

How do you put a guy like AJ McCarron on the list ahead of him though?

I know Alabama is #3, but it's not because of their QB.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I gotta be honest man. As much as it pains me to say this, Kellen Moore. He simply gets the job done.

I voted for him too although Luck was very close.

Of course Jarrett Lee and Jordan Jefferson have Les Miles Voodoo Magic and that has to count for something.

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore, then Luck, then Griffin.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I included the QB of all the undefeated teams. I posted this Friday so Alabama was still undefeated.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the guy who has lead his team back from deficits of 14 and 11 to give them the lead in his only two close games. You know, the guy who is 9-10 for 161 yards, 3 TDs, and No Interceptions on must score drives. That's a 321 passer rating there. Yes, my team has the single most clutch quarterback in America this year. Everybody would agree with me if we didn't have the single least clutch secondary in America.

I would agree with you too. I would have taken him last year.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AJ Mccarron has just as many yards as anybody else on the team, how did we not get here because of him? I think he's done a pretty damn good job in his first season. Just because his offense doesn't ask him to do all the bullshit that some of these other QB's might do don't make him any less important to his team. He does what he's supposed to do, and that's throw it when the coaches ask him to, and hand it off when they ask him to. I think completing 65.8% of his passes is doing what the coaches ask of him. Maybe if we weren't so damn interested in doing Wr passes and kicking field goals that were out of our kickers range, he might've help us to victory over LSU.

Sorry about the small rant, but it pisses me off a bit that just because a QB doesn't complete 78% of his passes and average 300 yards and 4 TD's a game, that he is considered less than another QB who is asked to do those things. If he flat out sucked, then I might get the point, but he does what he's asked to do.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impressive.... but it doesn't tell you anything about whether or not he's clutch, because he's never really had to be.

Did you miss the final march down the field against Vtech that he led?

Or when he took BSU down the field at Nevada to get us in position where a FG would have won it? It isn't KM's fault the FG was missed he did his job to get us into position.

Both of those were CLUTCH

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Mccarron has just as many yards as anybody else on the team, how did we not get here because of him? I think he's done a pretty damn good job in his first season. Just because his offense doesn't ask him to do all the bullshit that some of these other QB's might do don't make him any less important to his team. He does what he's supposed to do, and that's throw it when the coaches ask him to, and hand it off when they ask him to. I think completing 65.8% of his passes is doing what the coaches ask of him. Maybe if we weren't so damn interested in doing Wr passes and kicking field goals that were out of our kickers range, he might've help us to victory over LSU.

Sorry about the small rant, but it pisses me off a bit that just because a QB doesn't complete 78% of his passes and average 300 yards and 4 TD's a game, that he is considered less than another QB who is asked to do those things. If he flat out sucked, then I might get the point, but he does what he's asked to do.
Alabama is 8-1 because of great defense, plain and simple.

I understand that, because of that defense, all you need is a game manager. But that doesn't mean you have a good QB, it means you have a "good enough" QB. You act like not being asked to throw for 300 yards is a choice. It's not like Coach Saban doesn't want a QB that can do that... he just knows he doesn't have one, and most games doesn't need one.

Trust me, I'm a Bears fan, I know exactly what it's like to have a dominant defense and a QB that can manage the offense competently enough to not lose games, but not much more.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's between Luck and Moore for me. They both just seem so confident and calm in any situation.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Wisconsin hater not including Wilson. The guy scored two go ahead touchdowns in the final minutes of two games where our defense and special teams lost it for us anyway... The key thing, he drove down field in the most clutch way possible.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Wisconsin hater not including Wilson. The guy scored two go ahead touchdowns in the final minutes of two games where our defense and special teams lost it for us anyway... The key thing, he drove down field in the most clutch way possible.

Yep, but we all know Kellen Moore would be able to score a TD if had 1:00 to do so just like Russell did.

I kid, sort of. I didn't see the game, but it sounds like he sort of led his team to field goal range. That said, the most clutch player in America would have made it a much shorter field goal, if not a TD.