• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the young QBs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And defenses benefit from QB efficiency.

I agree with that. Seems funny to bring up one and argue about the other. Well not "funny" actually. "Defensive" would be a better term for the Seahawks' fans reaction to the statement that "nothing makes a QB's job easier than having a great defense."

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson
Andrew Luck
Derek Carr
Cam Newton

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. Seems funny to bring up one and argue about the other. Well not "funny" actually. "Defensive" would be a better term for the Seahawks' fans reaction to the statement that "nothing makes a QB's job easier than having a great defense."

Nah. It's just your typical sophistry. You make a claim and then pretend you didn't when the absurdity of the claim is made and then re-state in a new way.

You want to know what makes a QB's job easier than anything else? A great offensive line. You show me a great offensive line and I'll show you a great QB.

As for Wilson, the number of things we are told are the reason why he does well is pretty funny. It's the running game!. It's the defense! It's the coaching! It's the game plan. It's always something other than him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those.. Chiefs had a great D, but they got some good QB play at times too. They had quite a few top 10 offenses those years. In the playoffs it seemed like one side or the other failed to show up.
Specifically with the Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Dale Carter defense you're talking about 2 issues. In one game, the Chiefs missed 3 Field Goals which is a notorious part of Marty Schottenheimer's super-conservative legacy. More apt to say their special teams broke down imo. I remember seeing that as a kid and everyone was just in shock.

The other would be Montana breaking down against a Bills team which lived in the Super Bowl and was cursed with its own issues. I'm not sure you can say the Chiefs had a better team.

We really need to stop calling Russell Wilson young.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is bringing Up one and arguing the other. But also, nobody is saying how "easy" it is to be a great defense with great QB play on the other side. That would just be stupid, like vice versa.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specifically with the Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Dale Carter defense you're talking about 2 issues. In one game, the Chiefs missed 3 Field Goals which is a notorious part of Marty Schottenheimer's super-conservative legacy. More apt to say their special teams broke down imo. I remember seeing that as a kid and everyone was just in shock.

The other would be Montana breaking down against a Bills team which lived in the Super Bowl and was cursed with its own issues. I'm not sure you can say the Chiefs had a better team.

We really need to stop calling Russell Wilson young.

I agree. When a player makes it to their 2nd contract I wouldn't say they are young by NFL standards anymore.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. It's just your typical sophistry. You make a claim and then pretend you didn't when the absurdity of the claim is made and then re-state in a new way.

You want to know what makes a QB's job easier than anything else? A great offensive line. You show me a great offensive line and I'll show you a great QB.

As for Wilson, the number of things we are told are the reason why he does well is pretty funny. It's the running game!. It's the defense! It's the coaching! It's the game plan. It's always something other than him.
Already covered that in my original post.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1,Russell Wilson
2.Andrew Luck
3.Derek Carr'
4.Cam Newton
5.Kirk Cousins

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russel
Newton
Carr
Luck
Winston
Cousins
Marriota

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if Super Bowls are what matter then Brock is the only other QB other than Wilson to have won a Super Bowl and have been to another. Brock has made the playoffs every single year he has been in the league. He has a winning percentage that would average out to over 11 wins a season. Only Wilson has a higher average and that is just including the games that Osweiler started this year.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if Super Bowls are what matter then Brock is the only other QB other than Wilson to have won a Super Bowl and have been to another. Brock has made the playoffs every single year he has been in the league. He has a winning percentage that would average out to over 11 wins a season. Only Wilson has a higher average and that is just including the games that Osweiler started this year.

Amen! Sing it, brother.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is everyone's ranking of the young QBs to start the season?

Not sure what the cutoff for young QB should be. Cam Newton is entering his 6th season. Is he no longer considered a young QB?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is everyone's ranking of the young QBs to start the season?

Not sure what the cutoff for young QB should be. Cam Newton is entering his 6th season. Is he no longer considered a young QB?

Both Dangeruss and Cam are 27 and have been and have started in the league for over 4 seasons now. It's time to start comparing them to the big boys and not the other young guns. To me young means below 25 years old or just 2-3 years starting experience.

Russ is now a top 5 QB IMO and still on the rise. You won't see him dabbing away from the football any time soon.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings > Lakers. Or at least they were this year. Screw Robert Horry.

You mean the Queens were screwed in 2002 against the fakers. What's wrong with Horry? He looks like Will Smith on roids.