• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the young QBs

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is a lot of upheaval this year when evaluating the young QBs. Curious to see how people would rank the Top 10 QBs drafted since 2011.

Here is a list of the guys drafted since 2011.

James Winston
Marcus Mariota
Garrett Grayson
Sean Mannion
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
Trevor Siemian
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garoppolo
Logan Thomas
Tom Savage
Aaron Murray
AJ McCarron
Zach Mettenberger
David Fales
Keith Wenning
Tajh Boyd
Garrett Gilbert
E.J. Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Matt Barkley
Ryan Nassib
Tyler Wilson
Landry Jones
Brad Sorensen
Zac Dysert
B.J. Daniels
Sean Renfree
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Brock Osweiler
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
B.J. Coleman
Chandler Harnish
Terrelle Pryor
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallett
Ricky Stanzi
T.J. Yates
Nathan Enderle
Tyrod Taylor
Greg McElroy

Last edited:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell top 5 for me is luck , newton , dalton , mariota and carr . luck has been hurt all year so i'm more basing it on the past . i hope the pep fired will help but i think more heads should've been fired . the rest can be tied for 6th it's that bad .

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is a lot of upheaval this year when evaluating the young QBs. Curious to see how people would rank the Top 10 QBs drafted since 2011.

Here is a list of the guys drafted since 2011.

James Winston
Marcus Mariota
Garrett Grayson
Sean Mannion
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
Trevor Siemian
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garoppolo
Logan Thomas
Tom Savage
Aaron Murray
AJ McCarron
Zach Mettenberger
David Fales
Keith Wenning
Tajh Boyd
Garrett Gilbert
E.J. Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Matt Barkley
Ryan Nassib
Tyler Wilson
Landry Jones
Brad Sorensen
Zac Dysert
B.J. Daniels
Sean Renfree
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Brock Osweiler
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
B.J. Coleman
Chandler Harnish
Terrelle Pryor
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallett
Ricky Stanzi
T.J. Yates
Nathan Enderle
Tyrod Taylor
Greg McElroy

I literally do not recognize 95% of the guys on that list.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell top 5 for me is luck , newton , dalton , mariota and carr . luck has been hurt all year so i'm more basing it on the past . i hope the pep fired will help but i think more heads should've been fired . the rest can be tied for 6th it's that bad .

Newton? That is surprising.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luck's really only had one good season. Even in that one he still threw a pick per game. I think people rank Luck largely on hype instead of accomplishments.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine would be

1) Russell Wilson--Only one of the group to win a Super Bowl. Having a bit of a down year but even in a down year still putting up pretty darn good stats and has his team fighting for a playoff spot
2) Cam Newton--Stats wise maybe not that great but the guy seems to come up in the clutch and find ways to win.
3) Teddy Bridgewater--I think this kid will have a 15-year career in the NFL. He won't be anything flashy but will always be pretty consistent year in and year out.
4) Andrew Luck--Good player but something more than just injuries is causing this kid to fall apart. His confidence and body language do not look good.
5) Derek Carr--Having a very good year this year. I thought this kid would bust. He has me eating some crow.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Andy Dalton
Derek Carr
Winston
Ryan Tannehil
Teddy B
Cousins
Blake Bortles

Only other starters at this point on that list if I am looking at it right are Foles, Mariota and for this weekend at least Manziel.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) Teddy Bridgewater--I think this kid will have a 15-year career in the NFL. He won't be anything flashy but will always be pretty consistent year in and year out.

As a Viking fan I am really concerned with the development of Bridgewater. There is quite a few of these guys that I would trade him straight up for if given the opportunity.

Kid has a great attitude. But I just don't know if he has what it takes physically and to develop into a good starter. Has a real problem processing info quickly I think. He is super accurate short but anything more than 15 yards down the field is hard for him to hit. And is a big checkdown Charlie so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Viking fan I am really concerned with the development of Bridgewater. There is quite a few of these guys that I would trade him straight up for if given the opportunity.

There is just something about him that I like. I don't think think he will be that consistent top-7 type QB but I see him in that next tier almost every single year. I see him developing in the same way of a Joe Flacco type QB. Not great but worth keeping around.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is #1. Nothing has changed for me. As for the rest? Don't care.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just something about him that I like. I don't think think he will be that consistent top-7 type QB but I see him in that next tier almost every single year. I see him developing in the same way of a Joe Flacco type QB. Not great but worth keeping around.

I sure hope so. An average QB would be just fine with the type of defense I think Zimmer is capable of putting together long term.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck's really only had one good season. Even in that one he still threw a pick per game. I think people rank Luck largely on hype instead of accomplishments.
when you spend 55 million on wr and 55,000 on linemen that is sad in fa .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with luck this year ty has a step on the cb and instead of in front it's always behind him . maybe the new guy will fix this

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so. An average QB would be just fine with the type of defense I think Zimmer is capable of putting together long term.

I think he will get there. He was the one QB that seemed to have decent success against the Broncos this year. I guess that is the one main game I have seen him play so I was left impressed. In fact he is the only QB to have gone for over 250 yards against them this entire season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck....

everyone else starts here...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota? Why do you think he is top 5?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will get there. He was the one QB that seemed to have decent success against the Broncos this year. I guess that is the one main game I have seen him play so I was left impressed. In fact he is the only QB to have gone for over 250 yards against them this entire season.

Yeah but Adrian Peterson forces to play defenses to play more people at the LOS than they otherwise would. If Aaron Rodgers would have seen the fronts from Denver that they played against MN, he might have topped 600 yards.

I was assuming that Teddy would take a step forward when Peterson got back this year and defenses had to gear up against the run. But Teddy has problems with the deeper routes. Not just accurately throwing them....but finding the guts to throw them.

If you breakdown Teddy this year from what Christian Ponder did in 2012, there really isn't a TON of difference. That's really is what scares me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Adrian Peterson forces to play defenses to play more people at the LOS than they otherwise would. If Aaron Rodgers would have seen the fronts from Denver that they played against MN, he might have topped 600 yards.

I was assuming that Teddy would take a step forward when Peterson got back this year and defenses had to gear up against the run. But Teddy has problems with the deeper routes. Not just accurately throwing them....but finding the guts to throw them.

If you breakdown Teddy this year from what Christian Ponder did in 2012, there really isn't a TON of difference. That's really is what scares me.

Well maybe I need to watch him a bit more. Against the Broncos I think it had a lot to do with his escapability more than anything. There were about 5 sacks the Broncos should have had that all of a sudden turned into huge plays for the Vikings. I think that is what impressed me most was his calmness under pressure and ability to keep his eyes down the field looking for an opening.