• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Lose Turns the Season in a Dumpster Fire?

What team turns into a dumpster fire?

• Oklahoma

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • LSU

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Baylor

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you run into a real front 7. But you play in the Big 12 so there's effectively zero percent chance of that happening.

The best OL and DL Texas will face was probably ND

But in the end, I think we drop a few games we shouldn't. We're a year away......next season NOBODY is going to want to deal with this team.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you run into a real front 7. But you play in the Big 12 so there's effectively zero percent chance of that happening.

If Oklahoma can get their linebacker situation figured out they might be the big12's only other chance at a legitimate front 7. For that to happen though we got a lot of work to do. We got some athletes, but that's a few weeks off.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oklahoma can get their linebacker situation figured out they might be the big12's only other chance at a legitimate front 7. For that to happen though we got a lot of work to do. We got some athletes, but that's a few weeks off.

Your secondary isn't going to hold up. That's your real problem. You have NOBODY that can cover Foreman, Johnson, or Burt deep. Or Duvernay and Warrick and Heard in the slot. If you load 7 or 8 in the box, Texas will kill you with the quick passing game. You really have to pick your poison, or just destroy the Texas OL.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your secondary isn't going to hold up. That's your real problem. You have NOBODY that can cover Foreman, Johnson, or Burt deep. Or Duvernay and Warrick and Heard in the slot. If you load 7 or 8 in the box, Texas will kill you with the quick passing game. You really have to pick your poison, or just destroy the Texas OL.

I honestly never thought our secondary would look that bad against Houston. I still don't think they're as bad as they played, but they're not all world either. Thomas and Stephen Parker were both terrible. I wouldn't count on that being the norm going forward all season. One major problem is the other CB position. No way Dakota Austin is holding up all season and your WR's will absolutely torch him. If Parrish Cobb is as good as they think he is, we need to live and die by him, true freshman growing pains and all because Austin simply ain't got the chops. As for your O-line, I think we've got some athletes that can give them problems, but Mike has A LOT of work to do before than.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Florida State option either huh?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly never thought our secondary would look that bad against Houston. I still don't think they're as bad as they played, but they're not all world either. Thomas and Stephen Parker were both terrible. I wouldn't count on that being the norm going forward all season. One major problem is the other CB position. No way Dakota Austin is holding up all season and your WR's will absolutely torch him. If Parrish Cobb is as good as they think he is, we need to live and die by him, true freshman growing pains and all because Austin simply ain't got the chops. As for your O-line, I think we've got some athletes that can give them problems, but Mike has A LOT of work to do before than.

Cobb is legit from what I saw in that Houston game. Yeah, they picked on him, but all those passes were perfect......it's not like he was getting beat by 5 yards every completion, he was right there in position. He'll only get better, you guys got a good player in him.

I think what many of you haven't really seen is that Strong gets this team UP for playing OU. You guys were used to Mack and his teams not really being ready for that game.......Strong's teams are not afraid to hit OU in the mouth. It should be an interesting game this year for sure.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb is legit from what I saw in that Houston game. Yeah, they picked on him, but all those passes were perfect......it's not like he was getting beat by 5 yards every completion, he was right there in position. He'll only get better, you guys got a good player in him.

I think what many of you haven't really seen is that Strong gets this team UP for playing OU. You guys were used to Mack and his teams not really being ready for that game.......Strong's teams are not afraid to hit OU in the mouth. It should be an interesting game this year for sure.

I'm fully on the ride or die with Cobb bandwagon. As for the RRSO, I'll believe Bob has the ability to get his team up for that game when I see it. Right now I just see more of the soft pussy football that we've come to expect from his team's for the last few years. And for the fucking life of me I have no idea how Riley is still making the mistake of going away from the running game with our two running backs. How do you let Mixon and Perine only get 14 touches total?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss to Wisconsin is a head scratcher. With weapons like Dupre, Dural and Fournette, even the most average QB on the planet should be able to put some offense together just putting jump balls out there. If LSU can put it all together, they will be a force.

There is a reason they had 3 4/5* WR's transfer out this offseason. It's baffling they can't find a qb.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Baylor lost. They don't play a team with a pulse until like 6 weeks into the schedule.

However, they only have like 70 kids on schollie.......they CANNOT sustain any success if they get any injuries.

I wouldn't sleep on SMU next week. It shouldn't be much of a test with their skill players, but if SMU can keep is close and get their starters gassed, their depth will show.

That being said, their schedule is backloaded. SMU is the only team with a pulse before they open conference play with us. Then they get Iowa State and Kansas. After that, its a 3 game stretch with @ Texas, TCU, and @ OU. It's unfortunate we get them so early, because I think they are going to collapse midway through the season.

One tough game (which is at home) before the end of October I think they can manage. Once they get into the meat of their schedule, when walkons are forced into action on both lines and they are probably down a skill position player or two-that is when their lack of depth will really show.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ 28-6 I said fuck it and turned it off. :L
Got up this morning and saw the score. :doh:

:L Dude never ever turn off a Jimbo coached team when there losing, they live for that shit!

Plus you missed a great second half....Old Miss was dumbfounded...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correcked answer equals Tennessee.

Fraudulent frauds