• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Lose Turns the Season in a Dumpster Fire?

What team turns into a dumpster fire?

• Oklahoma

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • LSU

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Baylor

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is the OU lose, because if they win out, and Houston wins out, does the non P-5 team get in the playoffs???
Depends on who else is being considered.

It's kind of pointless to speculate until at least mid October. And even then it is too early. Many people figured Alabama was eliminated last year when they lost to Mrs. Sippy. And look how that turned out . .

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see four sure losses. I know they'll "fart a blank" somewhere along the line (usually K-State or I-State), but I don't see them losing more than a couple. The RRSO is a toss up IMHO. The only road game that might be a problem is at Okie Lite. They get TCU, WVU and Baylor at home. None of the rest are anywhere near as good as Notre Dame was. I see them splitting with the Okie schools, losing one along the way but sweeping the home games.

True Freshman quarterback. He's going to have real growing pains. I promise you.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh - and failure to make the playoffs does not relegate a team's season to "dumpster fire" status.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh - and failure to make the playoffs does not relegate a team's season to "dumpster fire" status.

I'm just stating it could turn into one because, at the end of the season does a undefeated Houston get in the playoffs over a one loss OU. You know the SoS thing...

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just stating it could turn into one because, at the end of the season does a undefeated Houston get in the playoffs over a one loss OU. You know the SoS thing...
If they are being considered head-to-head, I would say yes - put Houston in over Oklahoma. But you have to consider the other conferences as well before taking it as a given that Houston gets in at all.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are being considered head-to-head, I would say yes - put Houston in over Oklahoma. But you have to consider the other conferences as well before taking it as a given that Houston gets in at all.

Long season I know. I just think this loss could have a big impact on the playoffs

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Freshman quarterback. He's going to have real growing pains. I promise you.
True, but the entire Big 12 is one big question mark unless OU shakes off the loss....and they have several things to clean up.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the entire Big 12 is one big question mark unless OU shakes off the loss....and they have several things to clean up.

When you take a close look at that game, you could tell they were a team that probably needed a tune up game or two before jumping in the deep end.

I think they are just as good as Houston, if not better. OU could look completely different in november.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - all 125 teams are overrated and no one deserves to be in the top 10.

This I agree with. At least there should be no one ranked in the Top 10 in the first week of September.

Teams that have not played a single game and yet are ranked in the Top 10 may be the most fucktardian thing about college football.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that have not played a single game and yet are ranked in the Top 10 may be the most fucktardian thing about college football.
It sells papers though! (Or at least gets clicks in this day and age ...)

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU lost to a ranked team last year and still finished pretty good

Baylol will use this "us against the world" mentality and it will carry them until they play their first good team and they get beat.

ND has a rough schedule ahead. They got exposed as overrated by a team that was underrated.

Natives have been restless at LSU for a while. They have too much talent to be a one trick pony. Offense is slow, boring and predictable and it didn't matter as long as they were winning games.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC will definitely be the team that turns into dumpster fire

as soon as things went wrong against Alabama that team flat out quit, with the schedule they're up against they are in for a very long year

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True......BUT

NO teams in the Big12 are built and equipped to handle the power run game Texas has. They don't need Buechele to be lights out......just average. All he has to do is hit a couple of deep throws to keep the defense honest.

Seriously, rewatch the ND game. Texas didn't throw to a RB out of the backfield, TE, or use an intermediate passing game AT ALL.

They can grow this offense with him just by pounding two 250+ RBs down your throat all day and incorporating ANY of the above.

This offense is extremely QB friendly.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine LSU with an imaginative offense? LSU situation kind of reminds me of Texas last year: Watson told CS "we'll run the offense Texas high school boys are used to running, up tempo" blah blah. Then he rolls out in game 1 in South Bend with the exact same offense they ran the year before.

So Charlie fired his ass. LSU needs to do the same thing.

But I just heard on the tv that Miles is in control of the offense, and that it will never change with him there. To me, that means he has to go. If he cannot give up control and hire an offensive guy to run it, then he's done.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you take a close look at that game, you could tell they were a team that probably needed a tune up game or two before jumping in the deep end.

I think they are just as good as Houston, if not better. OU could look completely different in november.
We'll see. Unfortunately, Stoops has a history of teams not doing as well when expectations are high. Maybe they'll shake that reputation this year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's loss to Alabama was worse, USC or Michigan State?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU gives me a late Carr-era Michigan vibe.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True......BUT

NO teams in the Big12 are built and equipped to handle the power run game Texas has. They don't need Buechele to be lights out......just average. All he has to do is hit a couple of deep throws to keep the defense honest.

Seriously, rewatch the ND game. Texas didn't throw to a RB out of the backfield, TE, or use an intermediate passing game AT ALL.

They can grow this offense with him just by pounding two 250+ RBs down your throat all day and incorporating ANY of the above.

This offense is extremely QB friendly.

Until you run into a real front 7. But you play in the Big 12 so there's effectively zero percent chance of that happening.