• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which is a bigger road win? Iowa over tOSU or SDSU over KU?

Which is the bigger road win?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why I ask.

And the first to reply this tweet...

Last edited by a moderator:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now I would say the Kansas win. Yes, they have 4 L's but they have all been to ranked teams on the road with exception to the SD. St. game. Kansas has the toughest SOS in the country while OSU has a mediocre SOS and their best win is against a pathetic Marquette team. I expected the Iowa win. To be cliche, the WSU over KS was a shocker. This is still a solid win, especially now with W's on the road vs highly ranked teams are scarce.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Davis is kind of a moron. Every year he picks Arizona to get upset in the tournament and every year he is wrong he says he will do the same thing next season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now I would say the Kansas win. Yes, they have 4 L's but they have all been to ranked teams on the road with exception to the SD. St. game. Kansas has the toughest SOS in the country while OSU has a mediocre SOS and their best win is against a pathetic Marquette team. I expected the Iowa win. To be cliche, the WSU over KS was a shocker. This is still a solid win, especially now with W's on the road vs highly ranked teams are scarce.

Woah easy now. I wouldn't say we are pathetic. We're bad especially by our standards but none of the losses are bad losses and only 2 weren't close.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I say the SDSU one was a little more impressive.

OSU isn't that proven yet and it was a conference game.

Non conference road games I always like a little more.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Davis is kind of a moron. Every year he picks Arizona to get upset in the tournament and every year he is wrong he says he will do the same thing next season.

It must be blind animosity toward AZ. It depends on the match up obviously. If they face a lower ranked opponent that is notorious for stifling defense and playing a slow down type game they could lose.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah easy now. I wouldn't say we are pathetic. We're bad especially by our standards but none of the losses are bad losses and only 2 weren't close.

I'm putting this in perspective of Marquette's minimum expectations they've have established for themselves. The max is making the elite 8, the avg is advancing to the second round and the minimum is making the tournament. Currently, they would not even come close to making the tournament. Obviously they can turn things around but I don't know how unless they have some injured players coming back or just they have been chronically under-performing this season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting this in perspective of Marquette's minimum expectations they've have established for themselves. The max is making the elite 8, the avg is advancing to the second round and the minimum is making the tournament. Currently, they would not even come close to making the tournament. Obviously they can turn things around but I don't know how unless they have some injured players coming back or just they have been chronically under-performing this season.

Lol ya it looks grim. Was just saying we're not pathetic per say. Should at least beat shitty teams. But nope no injuries. Duane Wilson is red shirting which screwed us. Hard to get paint touches when teams don't even guard your point guard.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The loss to Villanova was in the semifinals at Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas. Nova beat Iowa in OT in the finals.

San Diego State is (and was at the time of the game) ranked higher than Iowa is today.
Kansas is (and at time of the game was) ranked lower than Ohio State is today.

Iowa had just as impressive SOS as Kansas. At Battle 4 Atlantis - Iowa beat Xavier (who is now 13-4). Kansas beat Wake Forest (who is now 11-5 and lost to Xavier).
Villanova and UTEP both played Iowa and Kansas.
Iowa beat UTEP in the semifinals 89-53 and Kansas beat UTEP 67-63
Kansas lost to Villanova in the semifinals 63-59 and Iowa lost to Villanova in the finals 88-83 in OT

Kansas beat Duke 94-83.
Iowa beat Notre Dame 98-93 (I know, not very good defense)
Notre Dame did beat Duke 79-77

Also, Ohio State beat ND as well.
Ohio State's only loss before today was the OT game against Michigan State.

Iowa also lost @Iowa State (14-1) and @Wisconsin (16-0)
Kansas also lost to @Colorado (14-3) and @Florida (13-2)

Also, Iowa barely squeeked by Nebraska and lost to Wisconsin by not being able to make free throws and 3 pointers. despite that, I feel like Iowa should be above Kansas in rankings, and I think Iowa is fairly ranked. Is Ohio State overranked? Sure, but I don't think Kansas is anywhere near as impressive.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa didnt barely squeak by nebraska. Iowa was up by 20 with 5 minutes,or so left and called off the dogs.. To answer the op I think the zona win at sdsu, the unc win at msu and the iowa win over osu are the 3 best road wins on thevyear so far

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona's win at SDSU should be in the discussion. Early in the year, hostile environment. Really impressed with Iowa as well.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona's win at SDSU should be in the discussion. Early in the year, hostile environment. Really impressed with Iowa as well.

Agreed. People that have never seen a game at SDSU underestimate their home crowd.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should end the discussion on whether or not Iowa's a top 16 team. Nice win Hawks.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Sweet 16 streak ends this year. It seems like Marquette is losing every other game.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Programs did themselves proud...but, imo

SDSU @ KU was the 'bigger' road win. Pretenders (from the MWC? haha, c'mon now) come in to Allen Fieldhouse and whip the B12's perennial national powerhouse Kansas? yah bo, that's big! Glad to see coach Fisher and his program getting the attention/respect they deserve.

Iowa @ Ohio State was a great road win.
It's about fucking time, guise!

:suds: