• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where I think we are going.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of major trade ups in the draft, signing every top tier free agent out there, we are beginning to sound like the Washington Redskins. Honestly, I really don't think Chip is going to go down that road. He is too smart for that. Yes he has cut a bunch of high priced average players.

James Casey, below average tight end, good special teams player, 4 million for him way overpaid.
Trent Cole, the guy is a warrior no doubt, but 11 mill for a 7.5 sack per year guy? Lets face it Cole is a league average outside linebacker that was getting paid like a top pass rusher. Plus his age is a factor
Cary Williams, being paid like a number 1 corner, played more like a league average number 2 corner.
Todd Heremens, lets face it age was a factor, but Heremens really was at best a league average guard, he really didn't move great plus he is coming off a major injury at his age.

All of the cuts make clear business sense even if you don't have a clear player to replace these guys at the moment.

Shady McCoy , this one was a mix of things, Salary 12 million at a devalued position like running back too much, amount of touches through his career very close to the magic number that looks at a decline. Fit in the system while he was very productive last year he hurt this team a lot with negative runs. Finally value for what you got for him. Getting a player like Alonso is a steal

I expect an approach to free agency in the draft that will continue to give him flexibility both in the players abilities as well as their contracts.

Free Agency - I don't think they are going to go balls out signing top notch guys. Sure they probably will sign at least two high end guys. Maybe a Maxwell, Maybe a Jackson, maybe a McCourty. What I really expect is competition type signings.

Draft - I think if there is a trade that makes sense to him for Mariotta he would do it. But what makes sense. I think if he could deal Foles 20 and a number 1 in 2016 he would do it. Anything beyond that I don't see it. I would expect him to go with some versatile players like Jake Fisher. He is going to take a QB if not Mariotta it will be Hundley who could run his offense very nicely.

This to me seems like what a smart football man like Chip would do. He is building for now and the future.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Worilds is a lock for us. It's been big news out of Pittsburgh and Philly. I think Maxwell and Franklin will be signing w the Eagles IMO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have signed Worilds, extended Cox, (AND Foles) and not cut anyone. There better be some sort of plan for the rest of the money. Competition type signings don't cost anything, like 10 million for 4-5 guys. And what this team is really missing is more Nolan Carroll, Patrick Chung and Bradley Fletcher types.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all could be wrong and he totally keeps us shaking our heads threw free agency

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all could be wrong and he totally keeps us shaking our heads threw free agency

Actually he's going Sam Hinkie on us. There's this high school kid that is just super perfect for Chip's dear offense and he's tanking for the first pick in 2019. Have no fear, it's the ten year plan and Chip is a super awesome planner.
So detailed and amazing.:cheer2:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have signed Worilds, extended Cox, (AND Foles) and not cut anyone. There better be some sort of plan for the rest of the money. Competition type signings don't cost anything, like 10 million for 4-5 guys. And what this team is really missing is more Nolan Carroll, Patrick Chung and Bradley Fletcher types.

They never spend all of the money. Remember Howie still controls the cap.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have sum big signings and sum under the radar signings. They won 10 games, but didn't make the playoffs. We needed retooling

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have sum big signings and sum under the radar signings. They won 10 games, but didn't make the playoffs. We needed retooling

They definitely needed to retool

G

greenwing

I think he rebuilds in FA and we mortgage for Mariotta.I think its the resaon for al the cap room.

He signs guys like Maxwell, McCourty and Worilds to shore up defense. Then maybe Mark Ingram top replace shady and work in with Sproles.

Then I think Chip mortgages a ton pf picks for his guy Mariotta.

Its not what i would have done its just what I think chip sis going to do.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip plays it closer to the vest than Reid ever did. No one can figure out this cat.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is pure speculation especially that from the media which is happy to ramp us all up with their spin. We will know what happens when it happens despite what we would like to happen.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dumbass buddy was just talking my ear off on the phone about you guys looking at Brandon Marshall. BM wont land with Eagles. Eagles will resign Maclin. Sign Cobb and Andre Johnson. With Matthews and Cooper? - there is the 4-5 wideouts for Mariota to run the spread. Trade Foles and picks for Mariota.

Ideas?

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will feel alot better about all of this after we get maclin re-signed.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dumbass buddy was just talking my ear off on the phone about you guys looking at Brandon Marshall. BM wont land with Eagles. Eagles will resign Maclin. Sign Cobb and Andre Johnson. With Matthews and Cooper? - there is the 4-5 wideouts for Mariota to run the spread. Trade Foles and picks for Mariota.

Ideas?

...someone should lay off the booze.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The record, thruout the league, for building a team thru FA is ................Not good.

But this time it's different?

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip plays it closer to the vest than Reid ever did. No one can figure out this cat.

One of the best things about him, IMO. It adds a lot more interest. Frustration by speculation. Everybody knew that Reid and Ratface Banner would do ahead of time. Frustration by repetition.