• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where I think we are going.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip plays it closer to the vest than Reid ever did. No one can figure out this cat.

He's actually pretty careless for all the talk of him being meticulous. That looks to be limited to only on the field.

Greenbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he rebuilds in FA and we mortgage for Mariotta.I think its the resaon for al the cap room.

He signs guys like Maxwell, McCourty and Worilds to shore up defense. Then maybe Mark Ingram top replace shady and work in with Sproles.

Then I think Chip mortgages a ton pf picks for his guy Mariotta.

Its not what i would have done its just what I think chip sis going to do.
I have been thinking exactly this myself.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice going Chip. We could be going nowhere.

Strike one: Dumping DeShaun Jackson, 27, 1,000 yds/season
Strike two: Dumping LeShaun McCoy, 26, 1,100 yds/season
Strike three ? Dumping Nick Foles, 26

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice going Chip. We could be going nowhere.

Strike one: Dumping DeShaun Jackson, 27, 1,000 yds/season
Strike two: Dumping LeShaun McCoy, 26, 1,100 yds/season
Strike three ? Dumping Nick Foles, 26

DeSean Jackson: had a nice year satistically, but where did his team finish? How much of an impact did he really have there?

McCoy: Traded to a team that will finish 8-8 next year because they STILL don't have a QB. He could rush for 2,000 yards next season and they won't be able to do anything because they don't have a quarterback.

Foles: Time will tell. If the Mariota thing falls apart I'd like to think he's still going to be here, I like him and we were winning with him so far. But we all know who Chip wants.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The record, thruout the league, for building a team thru FA is ................Not good.

But this time it's different?

Agreed, but we aren't really building. I think targeting just a few positions (CB, S, WR) doesn't mean a rebuild. Of course we aren't keeping our eyes closed at other positions if we save cap money and get better.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean Jackson: had a nice year satistically, but where did his team finish? How much of an impact did he really have there?

McCoy: Traded to a team that will finish 8-8 next year because they STILL don't have a QB. He could rush for 2,000 yards next season and they won't be able to do anything because they don't have a quarterback.

Foles: Time will tell. If the Mariota thing falls apart I'd like to think he's still going to be here, I like him and we were winning with him so far. But we all know who Chip wants.

DJax had inflated stats against bad teams when it didn't matter. He never plays big in important games and he's an ass. Check Maclins numbers and see that he was more than replaced last year. The #2 WR was the letdown.

I missed the flashy plays last year and I saw a lot of dancing. For the number of carries he got I think he can be replaced easily. He also did virtually nothing in the pass game.

I could easily see us keeping Foles and shoring up the defense and adding OL and WR. That alone makes us a contender.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJax had inflated stats against bad teams when it didn't matter. He never plays big in important games and he's an ass. Check Maclins numbers and see that he was more than replaced last year. The #2 WR was the letdown.

I missed the flashy plays last year and I saw a lot of dancing. For the number of carries he got I think he can be replaced easily. He also did virtually nothing in the pass game.

I could easily see us keeping Foles and shoring up the defense and adding OL and WR. That alone makes us a contender.

:agree:

In fairness to Shady I think a big reason he started as slow as he did last year was because of the injuries/suspension on the O-Line. But you're right WAY too much east-west in his game. Getting a more physical north-south guy will be indicative of what Chip wants to do to establish the run game, which sets everything else up in his offense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

In fairness to Shady I think a big reason he started as slow as he did last year was because of the injuries/suspension on the O-Line.

He also had a concussion early in the year.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but we aren't really building. I think targeting just a few positions (CB, S, WR) doesn't mean a rebuild. Of course we aren't keeping our eyes closed at other positions if we save cap money and get better.

People are talking about filling as many as 7 positions 2WR, G, OLB, 2CB, S,

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gambling site Bovada took the Eagles-Mariota bet completely off the board--too many people were betting on Chip selling the farm, odds moved from 4-1 to 2-1 in a single day!

Bovada already took the "will the Eagles get Marcus Mariota" bet completely off the board - Bleeding Green Nation

Haha yeah. I'm one of those that thinks Chip ends up with his guy….For how much, I'm not sure yet. I do fear my boy Kendricks is in danger of being used as trade bait. He's might favorite Eagle of right now. That would break my heart:gaah:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are talking about filling as many as 7 positions 2WR, G, OLB, 2CB, S,

Don't forget our new ILB and our new RB. Now we're up to 9. Throw in a new QB and that takes us to 10 out of 22.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget our new ILB and our new RB. Now we're up to 9. Throw in a new QB and that takes us to 10 out of 22.

Enut you are one negative Fuckin dude bro....You remind me of the coach on the movie Draft Day he was a Negative Bastard through the entire movie, Kevin Costner lost it on him and said if you wanna quite than quit....by the end of the draft the coach was happy as a pig in shit and said at the end of the movie "I can coach this team"
my point being, let CHIP work bro, if by the end of free agency and the draft your not happy, then vent, but damn bro everything out of you lately is doom and gloom.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are only going to sign McCourty out of all the top tier guys. He is a perfect fit as our single high. To me, he is THE guy you overpay. Go with Nolan Carroll and a rookie or Watkins to round out the secondary.

Get some second tier guys like Brooks Reid and Mark Ingram, a depth OL.

I think that would allow the flexibility to either package picks to move up or sit tight and fill in the roster with talent.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enut you are one negative Fuckin dude bro....You remind me of the coach on the movie Draft Day he was a Negative Bastard through the entire movie, Kevin Costner lost it on him and said if you wanna quite than quit....by the end of the draft the coach was happy as a pig in shit and said at the end of the movie "I can coach this team"
my point being, let CHIP work bro, if by the end of free agency and the draft your not happy, then vent, but damn bro everything out of you lately is doom and gloom.

Here's some signs of Menopause:
-Irritable and Grumpy
-Panic Disorder
-Mood Swings
-Depression
-Anxiety
-Difficulty Concentrating
-Memory Lapses
-Vaginal Dryness

Just sayin' :pound:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh? My post that you quoted was nothing but facts. I didn't even offer an opinion on it. 10 out of 22 new starters. How much lower than that do you think it will be?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? My post that you quoted was nothing but facts. I didn't even offer an opinion on it. 10 out of 22 new starters. How much lower than that do you think it will be?
My apologies, that was the last thing i read of yours for the day, the other 10 posts were all Negative Nancy! :nono::nono::nono: