• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does signing day rank on the sports calender?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This day has become bigger for me since I have almost quit watching the NFL except for the big games. With so many younger players having impacts it is nice to see all the fan fare that comes with players coming to your school.

So DC's sports days of the year:

Super Bowl-mostly do to my large family getting together
Signing day
First day of college football
First day of baseball season
March Madness
NFL playoffs
MLB playoffs
Masters Weekend
NFL Draft
Hockey Playoffs
TPC Sawgrass weekend

Lets Go Mountaineers!!!!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Christmas morning.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This day has become bigger for me since I have almost quit watching the NFL except for the big games. With so many younger players having impacts it is nice to see all the fan fare that comes with players coming to your school.

So DC's sports days of the year:

Super Bowl-mostly do to my large family getting together
Signing day
First day of college football
First day of baseball season
March Madness
NFL playoffs
MLB playoffs
Masters Weekend
NFL Draft
Hockey Playoffs
TPC Sawgrass weekend

Lets Go Mountaineers!!!!!

I got it somewhere on your lost around the NFL draft..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont get excited about it, i know little about the kids, and dont put much stock in the stars assigned to them, as i feel there is bias in the assignments. I am much more interested in seeing our coaches develope the kids into productive players, and more importantly, help in the journey each of these boys makes to being a man.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star ratings usually relate to speed agility and size. Some of these kids gain inches and weight and can play. While overall this is a top 30 class, some major holes may have been filled. We should have some guys that contribute from the start and may have some stars for the future.

We will follow these guys for years. When you see #9 score his first TD, or Sills some in andl throw a perfect bomb to K.White, you will be excited about these guys. They may flunk out or be stars, but it is fun to follow them through the process.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star ratings usually relate to speed agility and size. Some of these kids gain inches and weight and can play. While overall this is a top 30 class, some major holes may have been filled. We should have some guys that contribute from the start and may have some stars for the future.

We will follow these guys for years. When you see #9 score his first TD, or Sills some in andl throw a perfect bomb to K.White, you will be excited about these guys. They may flunk out or be stars, but it is fun to follow them through the process.
I wonder if star ratings are more to do with where a kid goes to school than his talent, speed, or ability. There was a two star kid commited to marshall a couple years ago who magically turned four star when he flipped to ohio state.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if star ratings are more to do with where a kid goes to school than his talent, speed, or ability. There was a two star kid commited to marshall a couple years ago who magically turned four star when he flipped to ohio state.

It absolutely happens. We lost one to tOSU earlier this year and he went from 3 star to 4 star overnight :pound: but of course it was "because he was having such a great SR year we HAD to raise his rating" :pound:

over...night!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah where you go to school and who is recruiting plays into it...not sure why, but it does.

The star rating is a joke for sure, I think we pulled in some very solid talent in this class....I think we are getting bigger and more athletic across the board.

Slowly but surely our Dline and o line are going to get on par with the big boys...watch out for Adam Shuler...lots and I mean lots of people think he might be the steal of the class.

I think Pegues has the ability and size to come in right away and make a difference. This June should help us even more than last year.