• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Class Signing Day Primer

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be an eventful day for Nebraska for once on signing day as the Huskers will await all of the NLI's to come in and announcements from 11 prospects choosing between Nebraska and some other school or schools. Here's how I see it breaking down:

Joseph Lewis (5-Star, WR) - Announcement time 3:00pm CST on ESPN -- Lewis has LONG been a Nebraska target and the Huskers will be working with him until early in the morning to get him to come to Lincoln. He will be choosing between Nebraska and USC on ESPN tomorrow...

Chance at Commitment: USC 90% Neb. 10%

Greg Johnson (4-star, ATH) - Announcement time 3:00pm CST on ESPN -- Johnson was once committed to Donte Williams at Arizona but he decommitted when Williams came to Nebraska and Nebraska became the front runner. USC entered the fray as well with Adoree Jackson moving to the NFL. Nebraska stays in strong position here but it will be tough to beat out USC and best friend Lewis going to the campus.

Chance at Commitment: USC 55% Neb. 45%

Elijah Blades (4-Star, CB) - Announcement time 3:00pm CST -- As far as I know Blades' announcement won't be televised but he will be choosing between USC, Neb and Florida on signing day. He had once indicated Oregon to have a shot but now they are no longer listed.

Chance at a Commitment: UF 5% USC %15 Neb 80%

Deommodore Lenoir (4-Star, CB) - Announcement time 2:30 CST on FS1 -- Lenoir was once committed to Oregon and even called them his dream school but they fell on hard times this season and he decommitted prior to the hiring of Willie Taggert. Nebraska has put up a good fight here and has put itself in position to maybe make a run at Lenoir. In the end Oregon will probably be too tough to overcome as he has many friends coming to be Ducks in 2017.

Chance at a Commitment: Neb. 30% Ore. 70%

Damion Daniels (3-Star, DT) - Announcement time 10:30 CST on ESPN -- Daniels has LONG been a Nebraska target and turned into an even more significant target once Nebraska hired Bob Diaco to run a 3-4. Daniels has the size and athleticism to play early as a NT in the 3-4 and he was so important to Nebraska's class that he got Diaco's first in home visit after he was hired.

Chance of a Commitment: Colorado 25% Neb. 70% UTSA 5%

Bryan Thompson (3-Star, WR) - Announcement time 11:00am CST -- Thompson had a great time on his Nebraska visit and looked like he could pull the trigger but Pac-12 programs came calling. He has friends at Utah and he really likes Oregon as well. Nebraska wanted a bigger body at WR but it looks like that won't happen in this class.

Chance of a Commitment: Neb. 40% Utah 45% Oregon 15%

Michael Onyemaobi (3-Star, CB) - Announcement time 11:00am CST -or- 3:00 CST -- I've seen conflicting times for Onyemaobi so I'm not sure when he's going to announce but it is looking really good for Nebraska. It was Nebraska that convinced him to move off of his Cal commit in the first place AND it was Nebraska he chose to visit last despite a good visit to TCU and he LOVED it in Lincoln and his parents came too.

Chance of a Commitment: Cal 5% Neb. 40% TCU 55%

CJ Verdell (3-Star, RB) - Announcement time unknown -- Nebraska has been hotly pursuing Verdell for quite some time trying to sway him off of his Oregon commitment but he still visited Oregon on an unofficial last second this past weekend. Tyjon Lindsey has also been hot on him to join the class. Nebraska really wants him as a RB in this class and is using Oregon's constant recruiting of RBs in this class against them. Will be interesting to see what happens here.

Chance of a Commitment: Neb 25% Oregon 75%

Jeremiah Hawkins (3-Star, WR) - Announcement time unkown -- Hawkins is currently committed to Cal and has a good friend already enrolled there. He loves the academics but took a late visit to Nebraska after Cal let their HC go. Rumor has it that it is down to Nebraska and Cal come signing day and Nebraska has every shot to land Hawkins especially of Jamire Calvin ends up going to WSU.

Chance of a Commimtnet: Neb. 50% Cal 50%

Guy Thomas (3-Star, OLB) - Announcement time 6:00am CST -- Thomas has been committed to Nebraska since the fall and stuck with his commitment in spite of the DC change (or perhaps... because of it). The ideal OLB in a 3-4 defense Thomas has since taken visits to Pitt and Louisville which he loved. His brother doesn't really want him to go to Nebraska but Thomas wants to do his own thing anyway. This will be interesting to watch early in the morning.

Chance of a Commitment: Louisville 35% Neb. 35% Pitt 30%

Jamire Calvin (4-Star, WR) - Announcement time unknown -- Calvin is an enigma, he committed to Oregon State out of the blue on January 7th, then de-committed less than a week later and then he committed to Nebraska on January 27th only to waiver in his commitment only 3 days later. It is down to Nebraska and WSU and it's anyone's guess. His parents want him to stay close to home and Nebraska's coaches are likely sick of the process with him.

Chance of a Commitment: Neb 49% WSU 51%

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few notes... Nebraska led for Lewis up until the Army game... something happened in San Antonio that forced him to reconsider. I've heard a few rumors about what that might have been and I will let you form your own conclusions. One theory is that during his week long stay in San Antonio he realized how far away he would be from home and didn't want to leave his single mother home along like that all the time so he decided to go to USC. Another theory is that USC happened to drop by his house and promise that they would "take care" of his mother if he went to USC and the final theory is that JuJu Smith leaving for the NFL opened up a spot on USC's roster that wasn't previously available and he jumped at the chance.

As for Johnson... Nebraska still has a shot with him but Adoree Jackson leaving opened up a spot for him and they promised to use him the same way they used Jackson. Hard to pass that up.

any other questions... please fire away.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suffice it to say I think we go 4 for 11 on signing day... have a feeling Guy thomas sticks with us.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling tomorrow gets weird... seeing the Michael O could be out as well... I still think we get to 22 or 23 somehow.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsey is out there saying there will be some drama on nsd, whatever that means

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few notes... Nebraska led for Lewis up until the Army game... something happened in San Antonio that forced him to reconsider. I've heard a few rumors about what that might have been and I will let you form your own conclusions. One theory is that during his week long stay in San Antonio he realized how far away he would be from home and didn't want to leave his single mother home along like that all the time so he decided to go to USC. Another theory is that USC happened to drop by his house and promise that they would "take care" of his mother if he went to USC and the final theory is that JuJu Smith leaving for the NFL opened up a spot on USC's roster that wasn't previously available and he jumped at the chance.

As for Johnson... Nebraska still has a shot with him but Adoree Jackson leaving opened up a spot for him and they promised to use him the same way they used Jackson. Hard to pass that up.

any other questions... please fire away.
Gift cards from Vons seems like something anyone could run out and get, no brainer for a boss level recruiting dept like SC

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how the heck do you guys follow all this...

anyway..thanks for the updates as always.

GhostRiderRushville

Original Caravan Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,103,757.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsey is out there saying there will be some drama on nsd, whatever that means

....well I hope the drama is more positive for us than during the Army game when we went 0-4.... :mad2:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any out of the blue, where did that one come from Possibilities? Some players that were recruited but committed elsewhere, but since they have not signed a LOI they might still commit?

Any Bob Diaco Miracles in the Corn?

Or have all ships sailed?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we land Greg Johnson I will officially lose it.

Blades is a lock.

We have a much better chance at Verdell than y'all think.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found out that Michael O is announcing at 3:00pm CST on FS1... or around that time.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found out that Michael O is announcing at 3:00pm CST on FS1... or around that time.

Wow, you stay up late for signing day. You live up to your forum name.

I have my fingers, legs, and eyes crossed to bring Nebraska luck.

I read where Guy Thomas is at 8 AM, not 6 AM.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT'S 7:30 AM! WHY HAS NOBODY SIGNED YET !

WE'RE DOOMED!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for the finish coat