• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, @trojanfan12 having said that, there's a rumor/article down in South Florida that Miami could offer NO Whiteside and Winslow for Boogie - which I'd be absolutely thrilled with and willing to take a gamble on that achilles. Even though for big men it could be a career altering injury.

I think Miami is in a better position to take a flyer on Boogie than the Lakers because of the Lakers youth.

Like I said, I'm not as worried about his attitude as I used to be, but I think waiting on him to return (which may not be until January or February from what I've heard) and then trying to integrate him, could be harder for the Lakers young roster than the Heat's more veteran team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami is in a better position to take a flyer on Boogie than the Lakers because of the Lakers youth.

Like I said, I'm not as worried about his attitude as I used to be, but I think waiting on him to return (which may not be until January or February from what I've heard) and then trying to integrate him, could be harder for the Lakers young roster than the Heat's more veteran team.

As you've said, you haven't really heard about him in NO as you did in Sacramento.

Maybe if you put him in a stable situation, he hits his stride and his production leads to team success. I guess we'll see in the coming months.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, @trojanfan12 having said that, there's a rumor/article down in South Florida that Miami could offer NO Whiteside and Winslow for Boogie - which I'd be absolutely thrilled with and willing to take a gamble on that achilles. Even though for big men it could be a career altering injury.

I mean for NO you get something for Boogie but Whiteside has a huge contract but he can’t stay on the court, right? Why waste $23 mil when you can spend it on another player or just keep Cousins

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you've said, you haven't really heard about him in NO as you did in Sacramento.

Maybe if you put him in a stable situation, he hits his stride and his production leads to team success. I guess we'll see in the coming months.

Agree. It seems that if the Heat provide nothing else, they'd provide a more stable environment. I think Dragic would love having a big with Boogie's skills to pass to as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man will never realize his true potential because he is a narcissistic a-hole that is blind to the fact that the Almighty gave him a boatload of talent and he, Cousins never grew-up and thus has no heart for anything other than Cousins.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean for NO you get something for Boogie but Whiteside has a huge contract but he can’t stay on the court, right? Why waste $23 mil when you can spend it on another player or just keep Cousins

You'd have to couple a player like Winslow in the deal who's on his rookie deal. And he would provide NO with a capable wing player. New Orlean's problem is they don't have depth. With Whiteside, he's got 2 years left on his deal. Also, he'd have to go into that situation knowing full well that he's not the number 1 option on that team (AD being present) so perhaps he has a different attitude.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man will never realize his true potential because he is a narcissistic a-hole that is blind to the fact that the Almighty gave him a boatload of talent and he, Cousins never grew-up and thus has no heart for anything other than Cousins.

Yeah as much talent as he has I wouldn’t want him on my team. Makes a lot of boneheaded plays at times too

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol they could "offer" it all they want.

I could offer a pot of shit for a pot of gold but that doesnt mean the other side is gonna take it.

id be shocked if Whiteside was traded for anything besides bad contracts coming back.

Melo for Whiteside actually sounds interesting the more i think of it--- or maybe Tyson Chandler and TJ Warren.....Meyers Leonard and Mo Harkless. etc.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fucking guy....lol

“My expectation for Lonzo is for him to be twice as good as he was this year, and to be more healthy,” LaVar told HoopsHype. “He understands, he went through it. If you’re going to be doing those [workouts with] rubber-bands like that dude Gunnar has him doing, that [is] bullsh*t training. That’s what I call it. Sh*t, he wasn’t like that when I brought him over there. When he first came [to the Lakers], he never got hurt. He was never hurt.”

Peterson, who was a celebrity trainer before his gig with Los Angeles, has worked with Kim Kardashian since she was 19 years old. Other clients in the past have included Sly Stallone and Jennifer Lopez. Ball said that Peterson’s previous experience with notable clients doesn’t matter since his work ultimately led to numerous injuries.

After one season, LaVar was far from impressed with his son’s training regimen in the NBA.

“Now, you’ve got these guys talking about, ‘Well, I’ve got this special workout for Lonzo…’ No! Lonzo’s gotta lift that pig iron, that real iron, and he’s gotta run some hills. That’s stuff they don’t have him doing,” LaVar said. “Some of these guys try to act like they’re the best trainers in the world because they trained some people with some God-danged names. But me? I ain’t worried about the names. I want to see your production! You have all these players coming through. Well, why are they getting hurt?”

LaVar Ball blames Lakers' training staff for Lonzo's injury issues

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fucking guy....lol

“My expectation for Lonzo is for him to be twice as good as he was this year, and to be more healthy,” LaVar told HoopsHype. “He understands, he went through it. If you’re going to be doing those [workouts with] rubber-bands like that dude Gunnar has him doing, that [is] bullsh*t training. That’s what I call it. Sh*t, he wasn’t like that when I brought him over there. When he first came [to the Lakers], he never got hurt. He was never hurt.”

Peterson, who was a celebrity trainer before his gig with Los Angeles, has worked with Kim Kardashian since she was 19 years old. Other clients in the past have included Sly Stallone and Jennifer Lopez. Ball said that Peterson’s previous experience with notable clients doesn’t matter since his work ultimately led to numerous injuries.

After one season, LaVar was far from impressed with his son’s training regimen in the NBA.

“Now, you’ve got these guys talking about, ‘Well, I’ve got this special workout for Lonzo…’ No! Lonzo’s gotta lift that pig iron, that real iron, and he’s gotta run some hills. That’s stuff they don’t have him doing,” LaVar said. “Some of these guys try to act like they’re the best trainers in the world because they trained some people with some God-danged names. But me? I ain’t worried about the names. I want to see your production! You have all these players coming through. Well, why are they getting hurt?”

i see LaVar STILL suffers from Down syndrome...

poor guy...:tsk:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fucking guy....lol

What a clown.

Because the hips and ankle stuff they do with the rubber bands is 100% about injury prevention. Lifting "pig iron"is only going to make injury more likely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a clown.

Because the hips and ankle stuff they do with the rubber bands is 100% about injury prevention. Lifting "pig iron"is only going to make injury more likely.

Give Lavar a break. He's had a rough year. lol

One kid is part of a Chinese shoplifting crew.

He pulls the other kid out of high school because the coach can't coach. Then that coach proceeds to lead the team to a state championship.

As soon as he criticizes Luke, the Lakers go on a winning streak and finish 24-20 over their last 44 games.

Lithuania was an epic fail.

Now, there are starting to be rumors that the Lakers may be interested in moving Lonzo and Lavar's mouth is believed to be at least part of the reason why.

Give the poor guy his pig iron, man.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Egomanical a-hole loves to run his mouth and embarrass himself and his sons. Moreso the latter because this dimwit doesn't understand what he is doing with that diarrhea piehole of his.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Egomanical a-hole loves to run his mouth and embarrass himself and his sons. Moreso the latter because this dimwit doesn't understand what he is doing with that diarrhea piehole of his.

If some of the rumors that are starting to appear are true, he may very well find out this off-season what he's doing.

There are starting to be rumblings that Magic and the Lakers want out of the Lavar Ball business and may look to move Lonzo. Especially if it can net them a high draft pick or other valuable assets.

Lonzo showed some promise and he definitely has some unique skills that make him desirable. But at this point, his Dad's mouth has been writing checks that his play can't cover.

One thing I'll say about Magic and Pelinka...they are focused on getting the Lakers back into contention by any means necessary and they have no loyalty to any of these players. I have no doubt that they will move whoever they have to in order to get there.

Lavar's mouth may very well move Lonzo to the front of that line.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should do themselves a favor and sign this guy to an extension and be done with it.

NBA Free Agent News: Julius Randle Would Like To See Lakers Rebuild Through

It's good that he wants to stick around to see the rebuild through. And you know I'm a Randle fanboy.

But we'll see how badly he wants to see it through when teams start throwing big money at him.

Hopefully, Magic and Pelinka can find someone to unload Deng on so they can possibly have the space to re-sign Randle and get 2 max guys (although I think Randle would still have to sign for less than he likely will be offered).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good that he wants to stick around to see the rebuild through. And you know I'm a Randle fanboy.

But we'll see how badly he wants to see it through when teams start throwing big money at him.

Hopefully, Magic and Pelinka can find someone to unload Deng on so they can possibly have the space to re-sign Randle and get 2 max guys (although I think Randle would still have to sign for less than he likely will be offered).
I know I'm the only person here who thinks this...

But, I think George is going to stay with the Thunder.

I also think Kawhi is going to work it out in San Antonio.

That leaves LeBron who won't come alone.

Someone said this a week or so ago.

But, I think you might end up with Derozan.

That's not a bad deal.

I'd gladly pay the extra 10 mil per to upgrade KCP with Derozan.

Now the question is, would Derozan be enough to tempt LeBron?

If you are able to hold onto Ingram and Kuz, probably.