• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who has the better trade value to get Kawhi? Lakers or Sixers?

The Lakers could send:

Ingram
Ball or Kuzma
This years draft pick wont be that much value so a pick next year

The Sixers could send:

10th pick this year
Saric
Fultz
Possibly Covington

I would say the Lakers can add better players but that 10th overall draft pick holds a lot of value too

The 10th pick does hold value, but enough to get the 3rd best player in the league? Saric would be a nice fit for the Spurs, I doubt they'd have a lot of interest in Fultz. Covington is a nice player, but there are a lot of players who can provide what he does.

Basically, the Spurs would be giving up Kawhi for the 10th pick and some guys. I'd think the Spurs would want Simmons or Embiid (more likely Simmons since the Spurs have Aldridge). The question would be whether or not the Sixers would be willing to include him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10th pick does hold value, but enough to get the 3rd best player in the league? Saric would be a nice fit for the Spurs, I doubt they'd have a lot of interest in Fultz. Covington is a nice player, but there are a lot of players who can provide what he does.

Basically, the Spurs would be giving up Kawhi for the 10th pick and some guys. I'd think the Spurs would want Simmons or Embiid (more likely Simmons since the Spurs have Aldridge). The question would be whether or not the Sixers would be willing to include him.

I dont think they would be willing to give up either. I would include Simmons before Embiid but they wouldn’t be getting much more after that if they included Simmons

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless of what the Spurs would or would not want, are you really suggesting that a package of Ball/Ingram/#25 is better than a package of Fultz/Saric/Covington/#10?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what the Spurs would or would not want, are you really suggesting that a package of Ball/Ingram/#25 is better than a package of Fultz/Saric/Covington/#10?

The offer that was suggested wasn't the #25 pick this year. It was 2 future firsts. Maybe this years and a future.

Fultz has shown nothing. So far, he looks more like a bust than a star. I don't think that's how his career will play out, but he's too unknown for Kawhi.

Saric would definitely be a nice fit for the Spurs. T

hey can get a Covington level player without losing Kawhi.

Ingram looks like he'll at least be an all star level player and Ball, while his shot needs a lot of work, is a pretty unique player with his court vision, passing and pace.

So yes, it would be a better offer. But the #10 makes it pretty close. Especially if this draft is as deep as most think.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest verbage from sports pundits is that LeBron does not want to play with Kwahi. Also, why the Lakers give-up all that talent and future picks to help rebuild San Antonio just because they have a small stiffy for Kwahi?:L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestion was:

Ball, Ingram, Deng and 2 firsts.

Obviously the Spurs willingness to do a deal like this would depend on other offers, but they might be willing to take 2 years of Deng if they get 2 firsts along with 2 high end prospects on rookie deals for 2 and 3 more years.

Spurs have said it would take a grand slam offer. In other words, no Deng and instead will need salary of value.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offer that was suggested wasn't the #25 pick this year. It was 2 future firsts. Maybe this years and a future.

Fultz has shown nothing. So far, he looks more like a bust than a star. I don't think that's how his career will play out, but he's too unknown for Kawhi.

Saric would definitely be a nice fit for the Spurs. T

hey can get a Covington level player without losing Kawhi.

Ingram looks like he'll at least be an all star level player and Ball, while his shot needs a lot of work, is a pretty unique player with his court vision, passing and pace.

So yes, it would be a better offer. But the #10 makes it pretty close. Especially if this draft is as deep as most think.
i think you can debate both sides of that offer--- but id rather have the philly side--- but as i said- i think a decent argument could be made for either.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16% chance the LeBron to LA rumors die tomorrow.....

that aint much of a chance but its something!

im def not counting on it--- could you imagine how pissed off the rest of the league would be if the Cavs jumped in the lotto?

Mickey Arison would probably shiv Gilbert in the bathroom in the next owners meeting, lol.
Man how.many posts about this did you make? And then.....fail.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man how.many posts about this did you make? And then.....fail.
well there was always an overwhelming chance it would fail. Tahts why I said i was "def. not counting on it"--- i mean- i understand what odds are. lol.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, is that really the team you want to root for? A team full of hired hands after watching these kids develop the past few years? Where is the attachment? It's bad enough to expect to get two of these guys; all 3 is fantasy land.
Most fans root for laundry

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there was always an overwhelming chance it would fail. Tahts why I said i was "def. not counting on it"--- i mean- i understand what odds are. lol.
Yes, but you still made like 18-20 posts about it in various threads. Kinda weird.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you can debate both sides of that offer--- but id rather have the philly side--- but as i said- i think a decent argument could be made for either.

Yeah, it's definitely close. I think the Lakers offer is better players and if they were to get even just Kawhi by himself...future first rounders aren't likely to be worth all that much.

The #10 pick is really valuable, especially if this draft is as deep as it seems, so a case can definitely be made for that to tip the scales.

Especially for a team like the Spurs that's known for drafting well and developing players.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans root for laundry

Lakers fans expect rings and trophies. Anything built around Lebron will be short-term.

Brandon-Ingram-STACK.jpg

bus10.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's definitely close. I think the Lakers offer is better players and if they were to get even just Kawhi by himself...future first rounders aren't likely to be worth all that much.

The #10 pick is really valuable, especially if this draft is as deep as it seems, so a case can definitely be made for that to tip the scales.

Especially for a team like the Spurs that's known for drafting well and developing players.

How can you devalue late 1st rounders when talking about a deal with the Spurs and the recent draft success in that position by the Lakers?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best guess would be...to win titles.

The Lakers style of play is very similar to the Warriors, It's essentially positionless basketball.

Kawhi, Lebron and PG can all handle the ball, they can all score from anywhere on the court, they are all very good to elite and willing passers. Plus, they can all defend from the 3 point line to the rim (Lebron having to pick his spots).

It would actually make them about as versatile a team as there is in the league.

You still have to be able to defend your position. Is the aging Lebron going to defend PGs?

Doesn't matter, as it doesn't appear Lebron wants to play with Kawhi.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you devalue late 1st rounders when talking about a deal with the Spurs and the recent draft success in that position by the Lakers?

Because, while you can get some really nice role players late in the draft, It's unlikely that you're getting the kind of player that would make it worth giving up a guy like Kawhi.

You're far more likely to get a difference making type of player at #10 than at #25.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have to be able to defend your position. Is the aging Lebron going to defend PGs?

As I mentioned, he'd have to pick his spots. They'd be relying on team defense to cover him up a bit though. The nice thing about having those 3 is they would be able to switch everything, which is less taxing than having to stay with 1 guyall over the court.

Doesn't matter, as it doesn't appear Lebron wants to play with Kawhi.

Where'd you hear that?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with GS in the way for the short term...?

pass...
How long do you want the Lakers to cower in fear of the aging Warriors? 3 more years? 2 even? Gotta start paying guys like Ingram then...