• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where did the Lions season go Fubar?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Lions and like so many when they were 6-3 I had thoughts of NFC Championship game dancing in my mind! The so called talking heads even had Detroit as a team capable of beating Seattle!

And like so many previous seasons the train jumped the tracks! The Lions coaching staff looked like they were trying to herd cats!

At what point did the season get away from the Lions? Where or when did Schwartz loose this team if you believe he did? It's like waiting for an autopsy to find the cause of death in a mysterious death!

A lot of fans point to the Steelers game and the fake FG as a season changer! I can't argue that one to much as it sure did swing momentum in that game! But I tended to believe the Lions on the road were due for a let down and the Steelers were playing better ball. Maybe it was just my way of burying my head but I thought the Lions were still solid after that loss.

For me when the Lions loss to Tampa Bay at home I knew just faking knew the season was about to go into a tailspin! And for me the exact play was the Int that Calvin had in his hands and flipped out right to the Tampa DB at the end of the game! Detroit had become so good at playing poorly and finding a way to turn things around at the end. And when Tampa bitch smacked the Lions offense at home they never really got back on track. Stafford could not help himself with the turnovers.

Losing to a bad Tampa team was just to much and I thats were I point as the season coming unglued!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake FG. We'd lost to 3 good teams, 2 at their place, prior to that. That was the turning point. The football gods were so offended by the mind-boggling stupidity of that play they decide right then and there to stop this shit immediately... that there was no way this team should see the light of the playoffs. They were nice enough not to ruin our Thanksgiving though, so they gave us that break. imho... of course.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake FG. We'd lost to 3 good teams, 2 at their place, prior to that. That was the turning point. The football gods were so offended by the mind-boggling stupidity of that play they decide right then and there to stop this shit immediately... that there was no way this team should see the light of the playoffs. They were nice enough not to ruin our Thanksgiving though, so they gave us that break. imho... of course.

Stupid…… yes!

Not on par though with taking the wind in OT. I just didn't think they would win on the road against the Steelers.

Tampa, Baltimore, and NY Giants though I thought were locks!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Linehan wasn't fired at the end of last year.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Schwartz signing.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember where I read the article (ESPN the mag, Sports Illustrated, etc.), but it basically mentioned that Schwartz had lost the team last year. From the tone of the article, it almost sounded like the guy was an island unto himself and had lost the support of the front office and many of the players.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember where I read the article (ESPN the mag, Sports Illustrated, etc.), but it basically mentioned that Schwartz had lost the team last year. From the tone of the article, it almost sounded like the guy was an island unto himself and had lost the support of the front office and many of the players.

I think Mayhew and Schwartz had a power struggle about keeping his Coordinators last season. Schwartz acted like a 6-10 season on the heels of a playoff appearance had bought him some leeway.

Schwartz rubs people the wrong way and thats fine if your winning. But not when you blow a 2 game lead in December.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost feel it is a Ford thing. So I am partial to day one every season.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost feel it is a Ford thing. So I am partial to day one every season.

I think the Fords have a lot of misplaced trust. They constantly spend money, and are not afraid to step outside the norm. But they continually screw the pooch.

Hiring Millen was a out of the box approach and failed epically and should have been over after a couple of years. But the Fords dragged it out a decade.

The Fords desperately need to hire a CEO with Football experience. A present day Ron Wolfe.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight, winning two sloppy games against Dallas and Chicago with Stafford just slinging the ball all over the field may have been the worst thing for him and the team. He continued to play schoolyard football the rest of the season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight, winning two sloppy games against Dallas and Chicago with Stafford just slinging the ball all over the field may have been the worst thing for him and the team. He continued to play schoolyard football the rest of the season.

Had not looked at it that way. Just might have some truth to it. That is about when the downfall started.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame the coaching staff and blame Stafford for his poor judgement resulting in a 1-23 record against winning teams