• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where are all the Rams Fans and what did they do to Stafford?

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can beat any of those teams. Of course they could lose to any of them too. The team which makes the least amount of mistakes usually wins.
I mean, you could literally say anyone can beat anyone. But if you're ranking NFC teams most likely to win out of the top 8. Rams are 7

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are much better now than the start of the season but they won't beat SF, Det, Phi or Dal on the road in the playoffs. They struggled with the NYG.

This hit streak they are on is because of wins over Browns (early in Flacco time), Seattle by 1, Washington, NYG by 1, Saints and Cardinals.. Not really playoff caliber teams there.

Still credit to McVay for improving such a young team but I'm more worried about GB than Rams in the playoffs.
Yeah, of any first round matchup it’s GB I want nothing to do with.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Matt Stafford was drafted #1 overall with the intention of finally winning a playoff game in Detroit...

And as a life long Lions fan losing out on the #2 seed due to the refs and then having the Stafford come in and tear them a new asshole is VERY on brand.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much so they beat Tyrod Taylor yesterday cuz his kicker missed.

They beat Tyrod Taylor because he missed a wide open receiver for the 2 pt conversion (or could have run the ball in himself). The bad kickers more or less canceled each other out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are much better now than the start of the season but they won't beat SF, Det, Phi or Dal on the road in the playoffs. They struggled with the NYG.

This hit streak they are on is because of wins over Browns (early in Flacco time), Seattle by 1, Washington, NYG by 1, Saints and Cardinals.. Not really playoff caliber teams there.

Still credit to McVay for improving such a young team but I'm more worried about GB than Rams in the playoffs.
The Rams continue to give up splash plays due to their struggling DBs and special teams. Without some terrible errors, they would've beat the Ravens. Those same errors almost hurt them this weekend too.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn’t AZ just beat Philly?

Any given Sunday, that’s why they actually play the games.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams kicker missed also. lol.
They were both Rams kickers a few weeks back, which likely means neither should have a job. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams make a change again this week.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were both Rams kickers a few weeks back, which likely means neither should have a job. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams make a change again this week.
They already fired the guy from this last game, today. They probably left him in New York.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already fired the guy from this last game, today. They probably left him in New York.
There's a difference between missing XPs and kicking them dead left. Not a chance on either of his misses. I hate making snap judgements on kickers over and over, but those were just glaringly bad.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The number of coaches I would take over McVay, maybe just Andy Reid.

McVay has more Super Bowl appearances than the rest of the division combined during his time.
I'll go McVay for now but if Shanahan wins it all this season I'd go with Shanahan over McVay.

Since 2019 They've been to a Super Bowl, missed playoffs, NFC Championship, and NFC Championship.

They missed the playoffs that one year because injuries just killed them. The Rams NFC Championship game Tartt drops a critical INT. Last NFC Championship we all know they had no QB and while I'm not in the camp of we would've beat the Eagles if Purdy didn't get hurt it would've been at least on the table.

Mind you this was all pretty much with Jimmy G as QB so it's not like he rode the coattails of some amazing QB to have this success.

So overall the only thing that separates McVay and Shanahan right now is the ring which is why I'll give McVay the nod.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go McVay for now but if Shanahan wins it all this season I'd go with Shanahan over McVay.

Since 2019 They've been to a Super Bowl, missed playoffs, NFC Championship, and NFC Championship.

They missed the playoffs that one year because injuries just killed them. The Rams NFC Championship game Tartt drops a critical INT. Last NFC Championship we all know they had no QB and while I'm not in the camp of we would've beat the Eagles if Purdy didn't get hurt it would've been at least on the table.

Mind you this was all pretty much with Jimmy G as QB so it's not like he rode the coattails of some amazing QB to have this success.

So overall the only thing that separates McVay and Shanahan right now is the ring which is why I'll give McVay the nod.
Stop with the Tartt, 49ers fans ignore Ramsey having the bigger drop which would of given the Rams great field position. Unlike Tartt's which would of just given the 49ers the ball. Besides it was like 10+ minutes left in the game. Tartt excuse is getting old.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay hasn't had the luxury of a top 10 defense, like Shanahan. McVay had one, once. While Shanahan has had one for 4 years.
McVay has more Super Bowl appearances than losing seasons, while Shanahan has had 3.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
McVay hasn't had the luxury of a top 10 defense, like Shanahan. McVay had one, once. While Shanahan has had one for 4 years.
McVay has more Super Bowl appearances than losing seasons, while Shanahan has had 3.

McVay inherited talent to work with and the Rams' problem with Fisher was poor coaching not a major lack of talent.

Shanahan scorched earth the roster when he became the coach and two of his losing seasons were when Jimmy G was lost for the season early on. It's debatable if 2018 would've been a winning season even with Jimmy G healthy since it was year 2 of the rebuild but I'd be confident they'd at least have a winning season in 2020 if Jimmy G and Bosa weren't lost for the season in like week 3.

If Shanahan had the luxury of a top-10 defense, it is because it was built under his watch and both DCs he has had are HC's right now. It's not like McVay has coached a bunch of nobodies. I mean I can say McVay has had the luxury of having better QBs than Shanahan with Goff and Stafford while Shanahan has had to work with mostly Jimmy G, CJ Beatherd, and Nick Mullens. He's got Purdy now but that's only been a season and half thing. Not that I love Stafford but he's got the Lions in the #3 seed whereas Jimmy G can't even play for the Raiders.

Both coaches are involved in personnel decisions and work with their GMs to get players they like so if they have talent on the roster it's a testament to them.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay inherited talent to work with and the Rams' problem with Fisher was poor coaching not a major lack of talent.

Shanahan scorched earth the roster when he became the coach and two of his losing seasons were when Jimmy G was lost for the season early on. It's debatable if 2018 would've been a winning season even with Jimmy G healthy since it was year 2 of the rebuild but I'd be confident they'd at least have a winning season in 2020 if Jimmy G and Bosa weren't lost for the season in like week 3.

If Shanahan had the luxury of a top-10 defense, it is because it was built under his watch and both DCs he has had are HC's right now. It's not like McVay has coached a bunch of nobodies. I mean I can say McVay has had the luxury of having better QBs than Shanahan with Goff and Stafford while Shanahan has had to work with mostly Jimmy G, CJ Beatherd, and Nick Mullens. He's got Purdy now but that's only been a season and half thing. Not that I love Stafford but he's got the Lions in the #3 seed whereas Jimmy G can't even play for the Raiders.

Both coaches are involved in personnel decisions and work with their GMs to get players they like so if they have talent on the roster it's a testament to them.
This season is the perfect example of how great of coach McVay is, Rams were suppose to be a bad team with 80 million in dead money. Let All Pro Wagner go, got rid of All Pro Ramsey, let Pro Bowl kicker go, let their best run defender go, Gurley left years ago too. Their Pro Bowl LT retired two years ago.

Rams went into season, people thinking Stafford was washed, no threat at runningback, a WR that can't stay healthy , a TE that drops as many as he catches. No defense besides Aaron Donald, not to mention no kicker and no punter, while not having any depth. While also having the luxury of playing a hard schedule against the AFC North and NFC East and Colts team in their house.