• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When you are a top 10 paid NFL QB, you better…

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deliver the playoff goods, right? Here’s a little cool info for those KC stat tramp, nut huggers…and, you know who you are.

In the last 10 seasons, less than 50% of the top 10 salaried NFL QB’s by season have made the playoffs. Looks like “CDC” will check in about 15-18 among QB’s in the 2018 season…I like our chances with the money saved.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact

$111M total value and $23.5M a year average is going to put Smith inside the top ten paid QB' even AFTER Cousins and Brees get done. BUt nice try

So we should expect a playoffs appearance this year correct??

Look, you guys won.. the QB you loathed is gone. So there should be no reason why we dont make a playoffs run with our new and better QB right??

Personally IM glad Cousins is gone, it got tiring seeing fans proclaim they hope the team wins, but want to see the QB gone.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deliver the playoff goods, right? Here’s a little cool info for those KC stat tramp, nut huggers…and, you know who you are.

In the last 10 seasons, less than 50% of the top 10 salaried NFL QB’s by season have made the playoffs. Looks like “CDC” will check in about 15-18 among QB’s in the 2018 season…I like our chances with the money saved.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way... before you go into another of your "You KC nut Huggers will learn your place" rants.

I for one hope Smith plays out his entire contract with the Redskins. And here is why...

To me, the trade, Fuller, Cousins not being re-signed..... All this goes down as HOPEFULLY the final payments for the mistake of 2012. See I kinda knew that deal would fuck us, I just ddnt know how many years and how many more resources we were going to have to expend to try and recover from it.

So at least for me, Smith failing will just compound the amount of time and resources Bruce will throw at trying to erase the mistake.

So long live Alex Smith. Because if it fails and Bruce survives... he will simply throw more shit at it. And that serves no purpose.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitz fails on the Cowboys board, he fails on the Redskins board .... LOL :noidea:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfc championship or its an epic fail

So a playoff win which KC has never done is an epic Fail? Are you serious? What also is funny is that if the 49ers become a 6-8 win team in the next three years they would view the Grap trade and contract as a success.

I would laugh my ass off if Smith or 2017 rookie QB becomes more successful than KC and Grap in the next three years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a playoff win which KC has never done is an epic Fail? Are you serious? What also is funny is that if the 49ers become a 6-8 win team in the next three years they would view the Grap trade and contract as a success.

I would laugh my ass off if Smith or 2017 rookie QB becomes more successful than KC and Grap in the next three years.

i again have stated that KC next season has us in the playoffs and wins in round one . for smith to be better he has to win round 2 . that means an NFC championship appearance. you all said we could get better , you all have proclaimed CDC is better then that is the standard

or were you full of shit then ? that would mean the ABC moniker was justified and the new puppet moniker applies as well , tootles

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i again have stated that KC next season has us in the playoffs and wins in round one . for smith to be better he has to win round 2 . that means an NFC championship appearance. you all said we could get better , you all have proclaimed CDC is better then that is the standard

or were you full of shit then ? that would mean the ABC moniker was justified and the new puppet moniker applies as well , tootles

Oh...since you “stated it”, ..then it must be true GMSD! But I see what you are doing...setting some unrealistic goals for Smith so that you still look good if he actually makes some noise.

I say a playoff appearance should be good enough...yunno, since that’s what KC could accomplished. With this average team healthy, and the strength of the NFC, I think a wild card and possibly a win would be a good benchmark. But it might be a challenge.

And once again...who has said Smith is head and shoulders above KC?? I believe as far as most of us puppets are concerned, we are just maintaining our position in the pecking order. I understand you are still devastated about how this has all shook out, but don’t twist things around to fit your angry crybaby narrative.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...since you “stated it”, ..then it must be true GMSD! But I see what you are doing...setting some unrealistic goals for Smith so that you still look good if he actually makes some noise.

I say a playoff appearance should be good enough...yunno, since that’s what KC could accomplished. With this average team healthy, and the strength of the NFC, I think a wild card and possibly a win would be a good benchmark. But it might be a challenge.

And once again...who has said Smith is head and shoulders above KC?? I believe as far as most of us puppets are concerned, we are just maintaining our position in the pecking order. I understand you are still devastated about how this has all shook out, but don’t twist things around to fit your angry crybaby narrative.

So long and short, it wasnt about getting better at QB or as a team. It was about not having Cousins on the team. :yahoo::dingdingding:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW, (rhetorically asking) where are you guys getting these benchmarks? Wouldn't a more realistic set of benchmarks for AS be, since the belief is they are about equal?: (BTW: I predict a 10 win 2018 season)

1st year standard 10-6, playoff loss = a benchmark of 10-6 and a playoff loss.

2nd year standard 8-7-1 no playoff = a benchmark of 8-7-1 possible wildcard, but no playoff.

3rd year standard 7-9 no playoff = a benchmark of 7-9 no playoff.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, (rhetorically asking) where are you guys getting these benchmarks? Wouldn't a more realistic set of benchmarks for AS be, since the belief is they are about equal?: (BTW: I predict a 10 win 2018 season)

1st year standard 10-6, playoff loss = a benchmark of 10-6 and a playoff loss.

2nd year standard 8-7-1 no playoff = a benchmark of 8-7-1 possible wildcard, but no playoff.

3rd year standard 7-9 no playoff = a benchmark of 7-9 no playoff.

Dont raise the bar, lower expectations. Awesome.

Many pimped the line we could easily be a better team with a QB other than Cousins. So, I expect BETTER than Cousins did based on the fact that many are saying Smith is a better QB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont raise the bar, lower expectations. Awesome.

Many pimped the line we could easily be a better team with a QB other than Cousins. So, I expect BETTER than Cousins did based on the fact that many are saying Smith is a better QB.

Who's lowering the bar? Show me once where I said that Smith was that better QB or that this was the guy that was a better fit than Cousins. I'm still convinced that given the same set of circumstances with my guy instead of Kirk this team performs better. That's not just any old QB, it very specific.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's lowering the bar? Show me once where I said that Smith was that better QB or that this was the guy that was a better fit than Cousins. I'm still convinced that given the same set of circumstances with my guy instead of Kirk this team performs better. That's not just any old QB, it very specific.

True, but you are a better politician than most and rarely make a statement that could come back to bite you in the ass.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't lose on a statement that isn't going to happen.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you are a better politician than most and rarely make a statement that could come back to bite you in the ass.

True, but that holds for some others here too!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you say he is better , then he should be better , or are you back tracking ?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you say he is better , then he should be better , or are you back tracking ?

Yes, he should be as good or better. But not Tom Brady better, not NFCCG better so don’t mistake what I am saying. The goals and expectations you have set for him are absolute bullshit and you know it. A 10 win season and a playoff appearance is best case scenario next year IMO. I would say the same if it were KC behind center.

So you can copy that post and save it on your PC. Maybe you can write the name of the thread, the page number....jot a few notes on your notepad...”VTSparks said this on this date...blah blah blah” so that you can hopefully come back next January, beat your internet chest, and proclaim your almighty insight and greatness in everything Redskins!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he should be as good or better. But not Tom Brady better, not NFCCG better so don’t mistake what I am saying. The goals and expectations you have set for him are absolute bullshit and you know it. A 10 win season and a playoff appearance is best case scenario next year IMO. I would say the same if it were KC behind center.

So you can copy that post and save it on your PC. Maybe you can write the name of the thread, the page number....jot a few notes on your notepad...”VTSparks said this on this date...blah blah blah” so that you can hopefully come back next January, beat your internet chest, and proclaim your almighty insight and greatness in everything Redskins!!!

so you are in fact backtracking , just to be clear , because "as good or better " wasnt the standard you originally set, it was BETTER