• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When is Notre Dames offense going to be legit again?

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theSabanator20 who made this original post has to be moral/expert/heels/bama/tarbama authority. The moron that trolled us in the ESPN days. He hated ND and loved Bama and NC. What are the odds that a Bama and NC fan has something to say about ND???

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theSabanator20 who made this original post has to be moral/expert/heels/bama/tarbama authority. The moron that trolled us in the ESPN days. He hated ND and loved Bama and NC. What are the odds that a Bama and NC fan has something to say about ND???

It might very well be him. Probably took a while to get here since he was trying to figure out what conference ND is in on this site.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question has been answered. I'm satisfied now. :nod:

You guys have a legit chance to go undefeated this year. :suds:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't hate Notre Dame. Only for the BCS title, that was all. Other than that, I want them to succeed. I like Brian Kelly. He's a winner. I wasn't trolling Notre Dame at all with this thread. It just seems like it had been 4 or 5 years since Notre Dame had a frightening offense, like during the Clausen/Quinn, Tate/Floyd, Rudolph days. While Kelly has been there, they have had MUCH better TEAMS... but lesser offense than usual. But Kelly at least understands one aspect of football: defense wins championships. Notre Dame has played great defense under Kelly. I respect that.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sabanator is a troll, in fact, he's quite favorable towards ND on the general board.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It might very well be him. Probably took a while to get here since he was trying to figure out what conference ND is in on this site.

post-8255-OH-HELL-TO-THE-NO-gifs-veiL.gif

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L @ ND 'fans' that can't even spell our starting 'Heisman trophy candidate' QB's name right. :doh:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Notre Dame. Only for the BCS title, that was all. Other than that, I want them to succeed. I like Brian Kelly. He's a winner. I wasn't trolling Notre Dame at all with this thread. It just seems like it had been 4 or 5 years since Notre Dame had a frightening offense, like during the Clausen/Quinn, Tate/Floyd, Rudolph days. While Kelly has been there, they have had MUCH better TEAMS... but lesser offense than usual. But Kelly at least understands one aspect of football: defense wins championships. Notre Dame has played great defense under Kelly. I respect that.

This is true. Kelly himself has been on record saying that one of the reasons he came to ND, and why he runs a slightly different offense than what he ran at Cincy was that in the BE, he would never get the type of players to have an elite defense to win a NC, so he had to score a ton to win games. So you'd see a lot of 45-40 type scores. He wanted to have a solid defense to compliment his offense. In 2012, he had the defense, but Golson was young and unproven, so he protected him and we ran more, but we barely managed 20 pts a game. We were fortunate to have a stingy defense and a little bit of timely luck along the way too. This year, the offense seems to finally be clicking, no superstar standouts, but solid atheletes all around, but a stronger, better, and more mature QB is all the difference in the world. Our defense is raw, but very agressive. Consider this, Bob Diaco would have taken Jaylon Smith off the field on 3rd downs last year. Our best athelete on defense bar none, off the field. VanGorder at least knows, you gotta let your playmakers make plays to win.