• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the difference between the Bears and the Lions?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing the same message and even have said it myself. But what if it can't be corrected? What if he is just a mechanically unsound QB. The same way people believed Tim Tebow could be fixed with the right coaching maybe Stafford has the same flaws?

Thats a problem a huge one! I get having to go the QB guru route with that much cash tied up but it's not as simple as Kelly or O'Brian will fix him.

Tebow and Stafford are worlds apart. I don't think he is that far off in the first place. A solid QB coach and a proper scheme/Coordinator could make a huge difference.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing the same message and even have said it myself. But what if it can't be corrected? What if he is just a mechanically unsound QB. The same way people believed Tim Tebow could be fixed with the right coaching maybe Stafford has the same flaws?

Thats a problem a huge one! I get having to go the QB guru route with that much cash tied up but it's not as simple as Kelly or O'Brian will fix him.

I understand the hesitation and doubt, but hes already been better than most any other qb the lioms have had and hes 25. Maybe the side arm stuff needs to go. Maybe not. His ability to make good decisions, read the field and his mechanics all need to improve. Thank god we had this season where the lions werent going anywhere for him to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Qb is extremely difficult to learn and staff is gettin to that point where he will either get it or not. Watching how talented he is over the past few years, I think he will. The huge extension you complain about now could end up being a godsend as we have to keep him. Its way too early to do anything else. Yeah, it sucks. But all of us have seen young qbs with staffords talent do horribly early in their career and then put it all together to have great careers. Tl: dr. Stafford is young and talented as fuck. Give him a year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow and Stafford are worlds apart. I don't think he is that far off in the first place. A solid QB coach and a proper scheme/Coordinator could make a huge difference.

They both have mechanical issues. And yes you are correct Tebow never turned the ball over like Stafford and has won a playoff game. Somewhat sarcastic but after blowing a two game lead they all can kiss my ass.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, tebow? Come on now.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant coaching and possibly schematically. I believe the Lions are one of the most talented teams in the NFL. I hope they can find a coach that can utilize it and not tamper with the nucleus to much. We've seen it how many times where the new staff wants smaller speedier guys then the next coach wants bigger guys. Hopefully the new hire can just take this core and run with it. I'd prefer proven but I wonder what Urban Meyer could do in the NFL?

Ah ok, yes. They need a coach to come in and earn their respect by not fucking around and laying down the law. If they want to be a thug, bench their ass until they come on the field to play football. Enough enabling these fuckers. Also blitz more, thats all.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah ok, yes. They need a coach to come in and earn their respect by not fucking around and laying down the law. If they want to be a thug, bench their ass until they come on the field to play football. Enough enabling these fuckers. Also blitz more, thats all.

What do think about Urban Meyer? All that dude has done is win at every program he has been at regardless of conference.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference to me is the Bears have two legit receivers that their QB trusts and that make plays. We have Calvin and that's it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the difference?

Well, Stafford is a Lion.

<--- Meanwhile, Cutler is a kitty cat lover.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do think about Urban Meyer? All that dude has done is win at every program he has been at regardless of conference.

DId Urban ever try and fix Tebow's mechanical flaws? No it worked and won games.Course at college level you are paid to win titles not prepare kids for next level.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both have mechanical issues. And yes you are correct Tebow never turned the ball over like Stafford and has won a playoff game. Somewhat sarcastic but after blowing a two game lead they all can kiss my ass.

The media keeps harping on this so I guess it is the popular thing to say. Despite what those idiots think, Mechanics is not what is causing Stafford to make bad throws. He is just making bad decisions. The side arm stuff needs to be minimized sure, but that is not even remotely the issue with his picks.

He needs to make all of his reads and stop forcing the ball into multiple coverage. His problem is he is back to playing that schoolyard shit instead of pro ball. He almost never checks down, instead he prefers to just throw it up for grabs. That is also why Megatron got the shit kicked out of him this year.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media keeps harping on this so I guess it is the popular thing to say. Despite what those idiots think, Mechanics is not what is causing Stafford to make bad throws. He is just making bad decisions. The side arm stuff needs to be minimized sure, but that is not even remotely the issue with his picks.

He needs to make all of his reads and stop forcing the ball into multiple coverage. His problem is he is back to playing that schoolyard shit instead of pro ball. He almost never checks down, instead he prefers to just throw it up for grabs. That is also why Megatron got the shit kicked out of him this year.

I really believe that is why CJ is hobbled too. Many times this season he tried to throw to guys that just weren't open. In fact I can't remember many passes in the last few games where there was much separation for our receivers. Granted Stafford shouldn't have thrown many passes to guys covered like he did, but he needs guys to get open for him. Linehan has his share of the blame for not changing his playcalling/route design. I know this won't be popular but we once again need a receiver, probably early in the draft.:noidea:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe that is why CJ is hobbled too. Many times this season he tried to throw to guys that just weren't open. In fact I can't remember many passes in the last few games where there was much separation for our receivers. Granted Stafford shouldn't have thrown many passes to guys covered like he did, but he needs guys to get open for him. Linehan has his share of the blame for not changing his playcalling/route design. I know this won't be popular but we once again need a receiver, probably early in the draft.:noidea:

Very popular decision with me. Some always want defense. DB and WR are two most glaring needs to me. Depends on who is on the board? Need a guy who runs the route tree and gets separation. WR is very deep this draft. I will not rant over a WR in first round.

New coach comes in and changes to 3-4 scheme all bets are off...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Linehan had Stafford getting rid of the ball within two seconds to compensate for the inexperience on the O-line. By doing that the receivers were limited in their route options. Comebacks, hitches and even post routes are hard to run when the amount of time is limited. Why do you think we saw so many slants this year? I also believe that's why there were so many tip int's. A QB has to trust that his guy will be to a spot and if is not or he is covered you will see a lot more deflections and potential INT's. I don't know if our line could pass protect longer but I know Linehan didn't have confidence that they could.

I still think we need another WR but I also think Stafford is going to need more time to allow routes to develop.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Linehan had Stafford getting rid of the ball within two seconds to compensate for the inexperience on the O-line. By doing that the receivers were limited in their route options. Comebacks, hitches and even post routes are hard to run when the amount of time is limited. Why do you think we saw so many slants this year? I also believe that's why there were so many tip int's. A QB has to trust that his guy will be to a spot and if is not or he is covered you will see a lot more deflections and potential INT's. I don't know if our line could pass protect longer but I know Linehan didn't have confidence that they could.

I still think we need another WR but I also think Stafford is going to need more time to allow routes to develop.

Basically that's what I was thinking too LP. It makes the offense easier to defend when we don't run more routes and make the opponents defense have to honor downfield throws. Just to make a point if Stafford threw away every pass when guys were covered he'd of had about three completions in the last five games.LOL

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically that's what I was thinking too LP. It makes the offense easier to defend when we don't run more routes and make the opponents defense have to honor downfield throws. Just to make a point if Stafford threw away every pass when guys were covered he'd of had about three completions in the last five games.LOL

yup, pretty much haha

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
delusions of grandeur

Shitting on Stafford is the new hotness, just like it was hip to jock him after his 50 TD 5000 yard season, just like it was hip to shred the personal lives of the replacement refs etc..etc...the media guides us (well most of us).

I saw a stat that said Stafford was something like 1-25 vs. winning teams or something, yet nobody mentions how in 2012 the Lions won 8 games against teams who finished 8-8, 8 teams who would have finished with winning records had the Lions not beaten them.

100% true that this staff has never been able to get over that hump and beat the top teams in the NFC, but it's not because of Stafford. Get him a real OC and a real HC and he'll be back to his 2012 form when he still had confidence in himself and everyone around him.

Stafford has never thrown for 50 TDs:lol: