• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's on your menu today?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fried taters
Pinto Beans
Corn bread
Corn beef and cabbage with hidden coins

Found 50 cents in my corn beef n cabbage, gonna be a good year :thumb:

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have black eyed peas?

It tastes like hot garbage. My grandmother made them for luck. I'd literally eat one pea to as a kid just for appearances.

As an adult I think about it every year but abstain. Luck is built on preparation and beans taste like shit

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been counting calories for little over a year, lost 50lbs and then froze. I need to lose about another 50, so giving this a try.

I've only been doing it a few weeks before Christmas, but I was losing pretty steadily.

It's pretty fucking hard to do. I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast every day - that part I can handle and do even when I'm not on a diet. It's the need for quick meals especially during the day that's killing me.
I have a pretty good system, but I have a fixed position at work so that helps. I make my salad for my lunch the next day at the same time I make the salad I'm having for dinner. I always have a piece of fruit and some almonds. Almonds are a great snack - an ounce is a couple hundred calories but the fat in them is actually "good" fat.

I also go to the gym 3 days a week - Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I went this morning off-schedule due to the holiday and did only cardio (10 on the eliptical, 20 on the arc trainer and 25 on the treadmill) plus 2 abdominal exercises.

Usually I do 10 minutes cardio, resistance training, then 20 minutes cardio. I do arms/shoulders day 1, legs/hips day 2 and chest/back day 3.

At work, I eat my lunch during a 15 minute break then for my 30 minute lunch I take a 25 minute walk, plus walk on another 15 minute break

Trainer says it is really important not to do the same thing every day because the body adapts quickly and you don't get as much out of it. No idea if that is true, but what I'm doing is working so I'm not questioning.

Also, pounding down water is critical - - - your kidneys and liver work together to clean your blood. If you don't drink enough water, your liver has to do the kidneys' job and can't regulate your glucose/glycogen/fat burning/storage efficiently. (I got this from a PhD Dietician and it is the only explanation that has ever made sense to me about why water is so important).

My doc says it's 80% diet, 20% exercise. In other words, you can work really hard, but if you still eat crap you won't see good results.

I have 2 rules -

1 - don't use "can't" when you really mean "won't". Example: "I can't lose weight." I used to say that all the time. Truth is, I won't lose weight because I won't do what is necessary to get it done.

2 - don't wait until you feel like it to exercise because you'll never feel like it consistently.

Good luck!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hickory BBQ sausage
Drum sticks smothered in Tony's and a little pepper
Mashed taters
Grilled onion
Broccoli rice n cheese
Bottle of Crown
Lone Star tall boys

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football.....duh.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.....this is a food thread.

Leftover hot smoked sausage from last night.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today it is Pepto Bismol and Alka Seltzer....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look good but let's not get carried away......

Kidding.
I said he may no be, not that he wasn't.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put my chili on this morning at 7 and it's turning out deadly after the 3rd spice addition. With brown sugar leading to a sweet front end, the 4 habeneros and 4 fresh jalapeños give it a warmth on the back end having you want to crave that sweet again. Oh, the whimpy version also tastes pretty good, but without any heat.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I forgot, but the ham just came out of the oven and people should start arriving in about an hour with several different Mac 'n cheese offerings. The wife made a 4 cheese, creamy Mac 'n cheese with diced pork roll added (those from NJ know that pork roll is awesome).