• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would the BCS look like?

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did beating .500 teams become some kind of benchmark.

asking for a friend.

It's like the opposite of the argument used against Oklahoma St the year they were left out of the BCS. It was all about quality losses that year. Didn't matter Ok St had played the much tougher schedule by the exact metric the computers love Clemson.

For the record, I agree with Clemson over Oklahoma right now just like I believed Oklahoma St deserved to go that year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the opposite of the argument used against Oklahoma St the year they were left out of the BCS. It was all about quality losses that year. Didn't matter Ok St had played the much tougher schedule by the exact metric the computers love Clemson.

For the record, I agree with Clemson over Oklahoma right now just like I believed Oklahoma St deserved to go that year.
that's what I always wondered when people talked about beat X# of bowl teams.
so while it would be unrealistic if a team some how had a record where they beat 6 bowl teams that were all 6-6 is that supposed to be impressive?

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what I always wondered when people talked about beat X# of bowl teams.
so while it would be unrealistic if a team some how had a record where they beat 6 bowl teams that were all 6-6 is that supposed to be impressive?

It depends on the bowl team, but I do buy into the argument that playing 6 or 7 teams capable of beating you is better than playing 1 or 2 really good teams and a bunch of complete scrubs. If you are having to play 4 quarters of football all year you are going to suffer injuries and fatigue that a team resting their starters after the 3rd just doesn't have to. And that matters in my book.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the bowl team, but I do buy into the argument that playing 6 or 7 teams capable of beating you is better than playing 1 or 2 really good teams and a bunch of complete scrubs. If you are having to play 4 quarters of football all year you are going to suffer injuries and fatigue that a team resting their starters after the 3rd just doesn't have to. And that matters in my book.
are you calling the SEC a bunch of scrubs? because so far only 2 teams have given Alabama anything resembling a game

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you calling the SEC a bunch of scrubs? because so far only 2 teams have given Alabama anything resembling a game

No, I have consistently given the SEC praise for playing good to great football. I did partake in some SEC bashing circa 2006-2010 on another website due to the SEC trolls and it being fun. However, the SEC does have a down year and the 12/14 team league weirdness makes for uneven schedules occasionally. Like that particular year. Bama also attempts to schedule a big time game OOC every year now, sometimes it doesn't work out like this year though. I still have them #1 though.