• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

If the Spurs trade Kawhi, they are going into rebuilding mode. That puts them on a completely different trajectory than the Lakers.

The Lakers would be looking to contend for championships beginning immediately. The Spurs would be looking to build towards contending for championships 3-5 years down the road.

It pisses off your fanbase trading your franchise player to your rival and watch them pull off multiple titles (hypothetically). I work with multiple Spurs fans, and all of them would take a lesser deal from another team than take what the Lakers could/would offer for Kawhi. I guess that Laker hatred runs deep over here.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pisses off your fanbase trading your franchise player to your rival and watch them pull off multiple titles (hypothetically). I work with multiple Spurs fans, and all of them would take a lesser deal from another team than take what the Lakers could/would offer for Kawhi. I guess that Laker hatred runs deep over here.

No one gives a shit what the fans think when they make these moves because fans are fickle, jaded assholes. They'll cuss you out no matter what you do but still show up to buy tickets the next day.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree.

If the Spurs trade Leonard I cannot see it being to the LAkers- especially because I cant see the Spurs wanting to touch Lonzo with a 10 foot pole.

If LeBron does go to LA- and there is an opt-in and trade- I will shit my pants if we have to take back that bricklayer who cant make a free throw. What kind of guard shoots 50% from the FT line? Suicide in todays game. At the VERY LEAST spin him to a third team. Draft Colin Sexton. MUCH rather have him.

I see the Spurs not wanting Lonzo Ball because of his dad and the distractions that he brings with him. Pop can work with players on basic fundamentals and what not. A player's family being a distraction is a whole another bag of issues. I mean, Kawhi's uncle apparently is the heart of the disconnect between Kawhi and the Spurs. Why deal with this again if you're the Spurs?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what LeBron will do this summer. But he should get hair plugs or something.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one gives a shit what the fans think when they make these moves because fans are fickle, jaded assholes. They'll cuss you out no matter what you do but still show up to buy tickets the next day.

I'd be pretty pissed as a fan to see my team trade a star player to a rival. Yes, a team shouldn't care. But again, everyone assumes that LA has the best deal available when they actually don't. On top of that, there are other franchises that will offer packages to the Spurs in hopes of convincing him to stay multiple years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Spurs not wanting Lonzo Ball because of his dad and the distractions that he brings with him. Pop can work with players on basic fundamentals and what not. A player's family being a distraction is a whole another bag of issues. I mean, Kawhi's uncle apparently is the heart of the disconnect between Kawhi and the Spurs. Why deal with this again if you're the Spurs?

It's more than Lonzo's dumbass dad. His FT% is pathetic & he will be a liability on the court late in games. Never a good thing when a PG can't even hit 50% of his FT's. Deandre Jordan & Tristan Thompson had a better FT% this year. Now that's scary.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more than Lonzo's dumbass dad. His FT% is pathetic & he will be a liability on the court late in games. Never a good thing when a PG can't even hit 50% of his FT's. Deandre Jordan & Tristan Thompson had a better FT% this year. Now that's scary.
thats why i want nothing to do with Lonzo. The league is a shooting league. A point guard that cant shoot in a shooting league can only contribute so much- its severely limiting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the BIGGEST STORY is if LEBron goes to LA. Thats one of the reasons why i think there is a significant chance he goes there. Nothing else would dominate the headlines like LBJ going there. It would not be big news if he decides to stay in Cleveland. LeBron going to LA would put him at the forefront of the NBA once again. Its one reason why i think that Cleveland and LA are the most likely destinations with LA creeping out ahead even right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, don't get me wrong. Wiggy's definitely got a point on the FT shooting. I'm not willing to to label Lonzo in the mold of Shaq in terms of FT shooting after he just finished his first season in the NBA; players can improve. But I wouldn't want Ball anywhere near my team simply because of Lavar.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the BIGGEST STORY is if LEBron goes to LA. Thats one of the reasons why i think there is a significant chance he goes there. Nothing else would dominate the headlines like LBJ going there. It would not be big news if he decides to stay in Cleveland. LeBron going to LA would put him at the forefront of the NBA once again. Its one reason why i think that Cleveland and LA are the most likely destinations with LA creeping out ahead even right now.

Lebron's moving onto the next stage of his career. As you've said, it also ensures that Lebron's in a big market and the continual focus will be on him. Lebron going to the Lakers would be the NBA's dream. It also gives me a reason to despise the Lakers again. Sorry, @ChiefsLakers67

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why i want nothing to do with Lonzo. The league is a shooting league. A point guard that cant shoot in a shooting league can only contribute so much- its severely limiting.

I kinda feel bad for the kid. His father has nonstop verbal diarrhea & doesn't know when to shut his big yapper. I can't remember another NBAer that's been in a situation like Lonzo. But like I said before he needs to be spending the entire off season working on his shooting game & nothing else. I gotta feeling he could be in for a very rough sophomore season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, don't get me wrong. Wiggy's definitely got a point on the FT shooting. I'm not willing to to label Lonzo in the mold of Shaq in terms of FT shooting after he just finished his first season in the NBA; players can improve. But I wouldn't want Ball anywhere near my team simply because of Lavar.

Yes Papa Ball is a major reason not to want Lonzo on your team. And while it's true if he puts in the time his #'s can improve. It's just never a good thing to have a PG that's a poor FT shooter.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Papa Ball is a major reason not to want Lonzo on your team. And while it's true if he puts in the time his #'s can improve. It's just never a good thing to have a PG that's a poor FT shooter.

On a somewhat related note - what other guard has been below 60% from the FT line that you can recall?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a somewhat related note - what other guard has been below 60% from the FT line that you can recall?

That's a damn good question. Off the top of my head I can't think of one. Can you?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's moving onto the next stage of his career. As you've said, it also ensures that Lebron's in a big market and the continual focus will be on him. Lebron going to the Lakers would be the NBA's dream. It also gives me a reason to despise the Lakers again. Sorry, @ChiefsLakers67

Not your fault, bro. This is a case where I'd totally understand...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And? The Lakers fanbase was pissed when they traded Shaq and that wasn't even to a rival.

But the Lakers did the trade anyway because it needed to happen.

Of course the fans will pissed, but they aren't going anywhere and they'll forget all about it once the Spurs start winning again.

Just like Lakers fans forgot all about Shaq when they were winning back to back titles a few years later.