• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was the best course that you played?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been there a couple of times during practice rounds and was lucky enough to get a badge once for a Thursday round so I know how special that place is.

Never got to play it though - you lucky dog

It is a very tough course. I struggle on courses with severely undulating fairways.

I actually birdied # 12 both times I played it. I made one birdie on # 2 and one on # 13 but shot over 90 both days. I actually putted the ball in the water on # 16 from about 30 feet above the hole. I should have known it was gonna be bad when as soon as I hit it, my caddie goes "uh oh".

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a very tough course. I struggle on courses with severely undulating fairways.

I actually birdied # 12 both times I played it. I made one birdie on # 2 and one on # 13 but shot over 90 both days. I actually putted the ball in the water on # 16 from about 30 feet above the hole. I should have known it was gonna be bad when as soon as I hit it, my caddie goes "uh oh".

I was giddy just walking on the fairways - couldn't imagine teeing it up there. I would love an opportunity to putt it in the water at 16 :)

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sister in law and her family live in Augusta. So, the first time I was going to visit them with the wife and kids in tow in 89, my father in law told me that for 100 bones, I could be a member for the day and play a round. Needless to say I was excited as all hell.

So I drive down Magnolia Lane in my 77 Ford LTD wagon complete with my Ricky Ricardo hat and red golf pants and the guard immediately waves me over to the turn around. "Good afternoon sir, may I help you?" I told him about the daily membership and I see a small smile come to his face. "Sir, in order to play here, you must be a member or a guest of a member" Being curious I asked what does a membership cost and he replies, 'if you have to ask, you can't afford it. Y'all have a nice day now"

I drove out of there with my tail betwixt my legs and was furious at first but the more I thought of it, the old boy, (GOD rest his soul) got me good and that made me laugh my ass off. Talked about getting "punked"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was giddy just walking on the fairways - couldn't imagine teeing it up there. I would love an opportunity to putt it in the water at 16 :)

Noticed you posted a photo of Tucson National. I played there many times back in the last century. Was a very fine golf course; is it still?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha! That describes the experience to a tee!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sister in law and her family live in Augusta. So, the first time I was going to visit them with the wife and kids in tow in 89, my father in law told me that for 100 bones, I could be a member for the day and play a round. Needless to say I was excited as all hell.

So I drive down Magnolia Lane in my 77 Ford LTD wagon complete with my Ricky Ricardo hat and red golf pants and the guard immediately waves me over to the turn around. "Good afternoon sir, may I help you?" I told him about the daily membership and I see a small smile come to his face. "Sir, in order to play here, you must be a member or a guest of a member" Being curious I asked what does a membership cost and he replies, 'if you have to ask, you can't afford it. Y'all have a nice day now"

I drove out of there with my tail betwixt my legs and was furious at first but the more I thought of it, the old boy, (GOD rest his soul) got me good and that made me laugh my ass off. Talked about getting "punked"

Too funny. I actually heard the same thing happened to Michael Jordan. So you are in good company.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed you posted a photo of Tucson National. I played there many times back in the last century. Was a very fine golf course; is it still?

wouldn't know brother - never been there

the pic I posted was that of Erin Hills

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very little would meet most people's qualifiers as 'nice'

Whistling Straits
Cog Hill

are the only 2 people probably even know of

others I enjoyed
Alamo Quarry
Snowshoe Mountain
Birdsfoot
Costa Navarino (Greece)

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played Laguna Seca many years ago, I was probably 15, it was crazy tough.

There are a couple nice courses in FL that I have played, Harmony was sweet.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a long time ago I played Augusta. I was at the time a 2 handicap and played the pro tee's. I shot a 79 which I was thrilled with.

Place is beastly if you spray a shot from way back. I bet if I played the whites I would have been in the low 70's

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many famous tracks

But...very good in their own right.

ATL area

• TPC Sugarloaf, former home of the Bellsouth...played this one several times, once the MON after the tourney to get a feel of PGAT conditions.
  • The River Club, Greg Norman design. Lush, playable, upscale private track
  • ATL Athletic Club - Highlands...hosted the PGA champion twice. Great test.
  • The Georgia Club - Nothing notable about this one, but it's probably the best public access course one can play within an hr drive of ATL.
  • Cuscowilla - Lake Occonee area. Walking w/ caddie is the preferred way to play this one. Probably the closest the common man can get to playing Augusta...Crenshaw clearly had Augusta on his mind when they made the green complexes.
  • East Lake...coming soon...the invite extended.

TX

TPC Craig Ranch, metro DAL, Web.com tour championship host...better track than 4 Seasons, location not conducive to host Nelson.

FL

Ocean Hammock, Palm Coast, Pebble Beach of the east.
Pine Barrens

CO

Bear Dance, Lark Spur...very scenic, very playable mountain track...greens can be lighting quick.

NM

Paako Ridge, ABQ...outstanding track, outstanding views...you'll never tire of play it.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little jealous that you have played Augusta and Scotland. I have been fortunate to play: Pinehurst No. 7, Seabrook Island, Firestone, Serrano, Golden Bear, Air Force Academy, Arrowhead, Lake Tahoe Edgewood, Harbor Town and TPC Scotsdale.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little jealous that you have played Augusta and Scotland. I have been fortunate to play: Pinehurst No. 7, Seabrook Island, Firestone, Serrano, Golden Bear, Air Force Academy, Arrowhead, Lake Tahoe Edgewood, Harbor Town and TPC Scotsdale.

Not a bad list...I'm running into quite a few people that have played Augusta lately.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad list...I'm running into quite a few people that have played Augusta lately.

ATL, when I lived in GA, I was a member at Summit Chase C.C. Not a bad track if you haven't played before.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL, when I lived in GA, I was a member at Summit Chase C.C. Not a bad track if you haven't played before.

Thanks...I've played it years ago...Snellville area. I remember the local headline about the head pro that made it, or just missed making it to the PGA Championship from Summit Chase.

I'm not a member anywhere. I play a rota of 4 tracks mostly now...The Georgia Club out near Athens is top shelf - a semi-private that gets a lot of play from UGA alum...including Herschel Walker. If I were to join a club...this would be it.

Reunion Golf Club in Braselton is fairly new (depends on when you left you may not be aware of it) but it's a stiff challenge conditions good, and affordable on weekend, The Chateau Elan tracks (that should give you an idea of my area of town) and Trophy Club of Apalachee...I used to drive all over and play when gas was under $3.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harding Park, Poppy Hills. Bucket list: Pebble Beach, Augusta, St. Andrews.

simms3920

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bethpage Black - beautiful and brutal
Bethpage Red - They could play an Open or PGA here

World Woods - Pine Barrens and Rolling Oaks - Great tracks, great practice facility

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Augusta National by far. St. Andrews was a distant second.

Yeah I traveled and played a lot of golf when I was younger..

Augusta was beautiful.. and the heritage there makes it even that much better. Pebble Beach was nice...

But one of my favorites has to be Sawgrass... I played it a lot back in the day, and the 17th hole is just one of my all time favorites.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I traveled and played a lot of golf when I was younger..

Augusta was beautiful.. and the heritage there makes it even that much better. Pebble Beach was nice...

But one of my favorites has to be Sawgrass... I played it a lot back in the day, and the 17th hole is just one of my all time favorites.

I've always wanted to play that hole.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bethpage Black - beautiful and brutal
Bethpage Red - They could play an Open or PGA here

World Woods - Pine Barrens and Rolling Oaks - Great tracks, great practice facility

I plan on getting up to NY and playing Bethpage...my golf buddy is from Queens and never has played the St. Park tracks there...we wouldn't dare play the tips, but what makes the Blk course so hard?

Worlds Woods...I echo your thoughts there.