• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to expect for next year

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it's going to take a bit for us to get back to being truly good, but Harsin will eventually get us there. I'm happy with the coaching staff we have.

Looks like a transition year where we are better but still not great.

Our schedule looks like this

Ole Miss(in Atlanta) - Ole Miss has been rising under Hugh Freeze, they have been recruiting very well under him and if they're going to be good with him as the coach this is the first year that they will show it.

Colorado State- They have been on the rise under Jim McElwain, they won't be a completely easy victory but we should win it, Colorado State will be in a bowl this year.

@ UConn- it's a road game across the country but that's about it, UConn doesn't have much talent right now, I'll be quite upset if we don't blow them out.

Louisiana-Lafayette- who would have thought this game would be challenging?? LOL The Ragin Cajuns are actually one of the best mid-majors out there right now, they return a lot of players from their 9 win team last year and somehow still have Hudspeth as their head coach.

@ Air Force- Air Force has fallen backwards the past few years mainly because their defense has gotten awful, they'll be slightly better this year but the only reason they're a challenge to us is we're still working on how to stop that triple option.

@ Nevada- Nevada sure didn't seem the same last year without Ault as the head coach, they do bring Fajardo back and should be better than last year.

Fresno State- they're a tough matchup as always, they have to replace some guys on offense though but DeRuyter has been a good coach for them.

BYU- This is one of our toughest matchups, BYU only lost a few players and should hover around the Top 25 this year.

@ New Mexico- Bob Davie has them better on offense, but their defense is still a mess.

San Diego State- they're a tough one, returning a lot except their running back from last year and they've had our number lately.

@ Wyoming- They lost Brett Smith, but Bohl will have them improved this year.

Utah State- They brought back a lot of starters and Chuckie Keeton returns from injury, this team is much better than they were last year, good thing we have them at home.

My current predictions, We play tough against Ole Miss but the Grant Hedrick turnover happens in the 4th quarter and we lose the game. We also lose to San Diego State again.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may take a year or two with the transition of new coaches and recruiting. But Boise State is a first-rate college football program with so much going for them: new facilities, great fanbase, TV contract, national brand, etc.

I think a 10 win season and another Vegas bowl would be a very good first year for Harsin. But expecting big things from Harsin. He knows Boise State and has won here. Good things ahead.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may take a year or two with the transition of new coaches and recruiting. But Boise State is a first-rate college football program with so much going for them: new facilities, great fanbase, TV contract, national brand, etc.

I think a 10 win season and another Vegas bowl would be a very good first year for Harsin. But expecting big things from Harsin. He knows Boise State and has won here. Good things ahead.

Indeed sir, I'm thinking the future is bright

Harsin is bringing in a lot of good talent at the moment, maybe the best yet.

2016 is looking like the beginning of another good rise for us.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 27,

How did the team look in the Spring game? Any news / reports / developments with the team over the summer.

I think I'll come up for the Utah State game this year as it's over Thanksgiving and might determine who goes to the MW champ game.