• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with Rollins.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am in shopping mode. If you have seen some of my posts you may already know I am in a 12 team H2H dynasty league with 28 total players per team (8 of which are bench spots.) My SS's are Rollins, Rutledge and Franklin. I am trying to win this year. I have some guys who can hit some HR's (Zimmerman, McCutchen, A. Jones, Rosario) but I feel I may not have enough HR ability to win later in the season. Some names I have been thinking about such as Granderson (but will his power ability still be there and would I take a risk of him possibly not being back this year or in time for playoffs), Ortiz (old as hell but still hitting them out), Beltran, Trumbo, Alvarez. I am really only wanting to give up at most Rollins + a SP and/or a draft pick which in my opinion are not very valuable because the picks are for a 4 round draft to fill our roster back to the 28 roster limit after we choose our keeper list of 24 players. I could give a draft pick straight up for an older guy like Ortiz but then I would not know who to drop or if the owner would even do the deal. Guys like Reddick, Kubel, Cody Ross, Garrett Jones, Moss, Ibanez are available but I am still stuck in the same boat of who to drop for these guys. Any advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bored: Rutledge is the easy drop

Why do you say this? With him playing @ Coors half the time should that help his value? Last year he finished the year with a .274 avg. this year seems he is slacking a bit but the HR/Speed potential is what I am curious to see how it progresses. What is it you don't like about Rutledge?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why everyone was so high on this guy. Last year in half a season he hit 8hr stole 7 bases. The simple math is 16hr, 75r, 75rbi, 14sb .275. and voila, a fantasy stud everyone thinks.
The problem is nothing works that way. Guys do not succeed with a 3%bb and 18%k rate. Add in the fact that he can't play defense and his performance this year is giving you a pretty accurate true talent level. Personally, I think EYoung Jr could have put up better #s. But he couldn't play second either. So what happens if I'm wrong and Rutledge goes back to last year's "awesomeness"?
He'll put up less than Rollins. If you can deal Rutledge, do it. Keep Rollins. No one pays full value for aging SS's in a dynasty. Take his numbers and move on when the time comes. If only you had a young SS you could take over Rollins' place in the next year or two.
And remember where they shipped Rutledge when Tulo was healthy? 4 wks left. Since his call-up 1-22 and batting 9th. This does not scream KEEP ME UP!!
If you want to say SSS, I'll agree. So was last year.

And another day, another rant :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehe I see what you are saying but last year was his first season. I would have thought he would have some progression but first "growing pains." I have Franklin but unless Seattle figures something out how to score more runs Franklin may not be the answer atleast for a few seasons. Give me some names that could help me later on. Baez, Bogaerts are both taken. Villar and Correa are both available but we don't have a minors system so they would have to be held on my bench which I really need for pitchers and a few bench hitters. Also would you think it would be wise to claim Sonny Gray off waivers?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also be looking to sell Rutledge before he has no value to sell. Rollins should do fine ROS and unless you can get someone who wants him, I'd hold... that being said, once a hot streak comes, takers could become easier to find...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should I place waiver claim on Sonny Gray and drop Rutledge? also have Gee, Jacob Turner, Tim Hudson, Locke.