• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with Harvin's return?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't heard by now, Harvin is expected to play next week against his former team. I expect limited playing time, but how about when he's ready to fully play? The way Kearse performed yesterday and past couple of games, no way you keep him off the field do you?

We can certainly rotate out the receivers, but in the amount of games Kearse had played so far, he's been more of a threat than Rice when he played. I don't like to see Kearse off the field at all.

Got some tough decisions here with Harvin seemingly ready to play.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin and Kearse will probably have to split time. I think Kearse is getting more targets right now because he is probably drawing the nickel or dime back and getting open easier. If he gets the CB, then he may have a tougher time finding space. I'll have to go back through the game and see who he got in coverage.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin and Kearse will probably have to split time. I think Kearse is getting more targets right now because he is probably drawing the nickel or dime back and getting open easier. If he gets the CB, then he may have a tougher time finding space. I'll have to go back through the game and see who he got in coverage.

:agree:Hate to see Baldwin off the field as well but I think he's a legit 3rd down target. Also, he got Trufant covering him most of the game.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for the Minnesota game Baldwin and Kearse will still get their fair share of touches. Percy will probably not be in full game shape to play his usual snaps so I expect the Seahawks to utilize him in specific packages that will get him some quick open looks.

Moving forward though I see the addition of Percy Harvin and our depth at wr allowing us to play more 4 wr sets. Heck we can run a 3 wr set with Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse and line up Percy in the back field.

There's so many different combinations we can work with. We can have Percy and Tate at the starting X and Z positions with Baldwin in the slot. We can have Percy in the slot with Tate and Kearse at the starting X and Z. We can have Percy and Baldwin at the X and Z with Tate in the slot.

I hate to say it, because I liked what Rice brought to the table when he was healthy...but maybe the Rice injury was a blessing in disguise. Rice being in the starting lineup not only hindered our offense but it took away snaps from Baldwin and Kearse.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Rice was Healthy Kearse got on the field a lot actually. With Harvin in We will have Tate, Harvin, Baldwin and Kearse for our 4 WR Sets. 2 WR Sets we all know it will be mostly Tate and Harvin but Baldwin AND Kearse both will see time in 2 WR Sets also.

If Rice was Healthy then you would have to Worry about who loses time. Right now Lockette most likely goes on the inactive on game days.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the exact same thing, a 4 WR's set seems likely when Percy is truly healthy.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse and Harvin are two very different types of receivers. I don't see them heavily competing for the same exact position with plays. Kearse is 6'2" and more of a wide out.

Harvin at 5'11" usually lines up in the slot for passing duties, but also is involved with kick returns and sometimes lines up as a RB / Exotic looks.

I'd say Baldwin is the one who will probably see some of his duties reduced when Harvin is 100%. Kearse and Tate will be the guys lining up on the outside most of the time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the exact same thing, a 4 WR's set seems likely when Percy is truly healthy.

:drool:

That's a Defensive Coordinators nightmare right there.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great timing. I saw entirely too many plays that Lockett was in on yesterday! lol