• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What three teams will join Washington in next year's playoffs?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on WT. You said in comment #93, "We lost to Clemson by 6 and nearly pulled off a last second throw into the end zone.
Not too shabby considering our issues at QB and injuries". That my friend, is a weak injury excuse.
LOL...our QB wasn't hurt in the Clemson game we were full strength. Our dumbass coaches tried to play 3 different QBs because they can't evaluate talent. No excuses only realistic evaluation.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing Bama plays FSU next year, 3 cupcakes and another shitty year from the rest of the SEC wouldn't leave much room for error.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...our QB wasn't hurt in the Clemson game we were full strength. Our dumbass coaches tried to play 3 different QBs because they can't evaluate talent. No excuses only realistic evaluation.
Okay fair enough. Auburn had a 8-4 record this year, good luck against the Sooners.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing Bama plays FSU next year, 3 cupcakes and another shitty year from the rest of the SEC wouldn't leave much room for error.

LSU Tigers would rip them little Dawgs into pieces and spill out the cupcakes from their stomach cavities and eat that for dessert !

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU Tigers would rip them little Dawgs into pieces and spill out the cupcakes from their stomach cavities and eat that for dessert !
That does sound like something a Cajun would eat.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck against the mighty Scarlet Knights!

So much hypocracy from this dumbass who doesn't realize his conference is shitter than the SEC.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have funny criteria for saying someone got spanked. Take maybe 3 plays back and that's a tight game late. Clearly Bama was better, but UW wasn't nearly as far off as you'd like to claim.

Pac in general will still be down and there doesn't look right now like a lot of danger in the north. Why wouldn't fans be expecting things to improve? 4th year under Petersen, another year under the belts with all that experience dealing with this pressure. Who wouldn't like their chances? If you wouldn't be saying the same thing about your team you aren't a fan.

Dude, you had 44 yards in the second half, essentially 3 completions. It was a tight game because Alabama blew their chances, not because you guys were creating any. It looked like the LSU game for Alabama...that game could have been 200 minutes long and LSU would still not have scored in the second half.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you had 44 yards in the second half, essentially 3 completions. It was a tight game because Alabama blew their chances, not because you guys were creating any. It looked like the LSU game for Alabama...that game could have been 200 minutes long and LSU would still not have scored in the second half.
Fuck-YouMiddle-Finger.gif

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB injury excuses count now? Sweet.

ASU in 2017. We definitely wouldn't have still sucked defensively if we didn't go through 4 quarterbacks.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our could have is in valid because your could have didn't happen? :L

Both defenses caused problems and both teams made mistakes. That's college football. If you are also going to say there is no difference between what happened to OSU against Clemson and our game then you are as delusional as the USC fan is and he's very well known for his delusions. It's not great company to be in.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season, we'll be like...

29c9391c99bf0c2272800b79c838a264.gif

You'll be at home playing on a trampoline since Clemson's beating you this year will have demoralized you so much that you disband the football team?

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, a Clemson fan. Hold on a minute, let me get the kids, they've never seen one, except for edisto.

9d62fd4fa48c4072_25.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, a Clemson fan. Hold on a minute, let me get the kids, they've never seen one, except for edisto.

9d62fd4fa48c4072_25.gif
And judging by his post you won't see him for long if Bama rolls that shit up.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our could have is in valid because your could have didn't happen? :L

Both defenses caused problems and both teams made mistakes. That's college football. If you are also going to say there is no difference between what happened to OSU against Clemson and our game then you are as delusional as the USC fan is and he's very well known for his delusions. It's not great company to be in.

Yeah, I was delusional when I said USC would beat Washington when you said no chance Huskys get beat at home.LOL
I was delusional when I said Alabama has even better defense and will pressure Browning into mistakes. Yeah bad call on my part.
And now Alabama fan is delusional because he thinks Washington gaining only 44 yards in the second half means Alabama had total control the game .
Yeah, we're all delusional. Not you.lol .
You keep thinking you were just three plays away. Just like you thought Jake Browning is the best QB you've seen. lol :crazy:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the proof is right there. Thank
Yeah, I was delusional when I said USC would beat Washington when you said no chance Huskys get beat at home.LOL
I was delusional when I said Alabama has even better defense and will pressure Browning into mistakes. Yeah bad call on my part.
And now Alabama fan is delusional because he thinks Washington gaining only 44 yards in the second half means Alabama had total control the game .
Yeah, we're all delusional. Not you.lol .
You keep thinking you were just three plays away. Just like you thought Jake Browning is the best QB you've seen. lol :crazy:
Face it, you are over compensating for how badly USC got their shit pushed in by bama by trying to suggest the same thing happened here.

I think I was pretty honest in saying Bama was clearly the better team. It's not a stretch to say anything else I added and you've said nothing to disprove any of it. It's just more of the usual bullshit.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be at home playing on a trampoline since Clemson's beating you this year will have demoralized you so much that you disband the football team?
... wait a minute ...

98b939be0720240ed7c9ea53654aced2.jpg

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. USC
2. OU
3. 'Bama
4. tOSU

Next year will be the first two-loss team in the CFP.

...and it will be the first of 3 championships in 4 years for Bob Stoops.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since jim likes to bring up quotes, I'll add this one here:
I'm feeling the game being something like 21-6 ish. I think Bama scores at least once on a turnover given their history combined with how Browning is under extreme pressure. I think he throws a pick 6 at some point. And bama probably gets another score on a short field due to another turnover or special teams gaff. I think our defense holds their offense down much of the game, but they have a distinct size and ability advantage. I'm sure we will break out a few big plays here and there and maybe get close enough for a couple of field goals and outside of that I expect to see a lot of punts.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but that's more or less what I expect to see. Really as long as they don't get blown out by 30 I'll be fine with it. Didn't expect this team to be this far this soon into Petersen's reign here. Going to take at least another couple years to build the depth you need to really compete at that level. None of the kids he has brought in are upperclassmen yet, more or less are we stacked in depth. This year was a huge step forward and as long as you are moving forward you can't be upset with the results.
I think I nailed this game right on the head before it happened.

In the three phases of the game UW played well enough in two of them. That's a MASSIVE step forward for a program that has been in the dumps for over 15 years.

The special teams did an outstanding job of taking Bama's dangerous return game out of play with that rugby style punt shit they love to do. Worked to perfection that day.

The defense held them to their second lowest point total of the season. Sure, one bama fan suggested they were a few gaffs away from a blow out, but it's easily reversible to say we were a few gaffs away from holding them to 10. Those gaffs are part of the game and always will be.

The offense wasn't up to that level of play, but then Bama has made a lot of offenses looks terrible. They have work to do no doubt, and I accurately called that out before the game. It was still an improvement over the Sark era where we saw so many false starts, personal fouls, and other endless ways of shooting yourselves in the foot over and over in big games. They were well prepared and well coached, but were out manned in size and speed particularly in the run game. Again, fully expected.

Why wouldn't a fan be encouraged enough by the results of this year to really look forward to next season and have honest belief that even more progress is possible? They aren't that far off and have a coach with a proven track record of continued growth of his teams.

Year four should be another fun ride.