• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the heck is going on here?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions sign free agents DE Jacquies Smith and T Bryce Harris 

Now we cut George JOhnson and Caraun Reid and Datone Jones to add Bryce Harris, Brad Kaaya, and Jacq Smith. We just added those 3 guys in the last few weeks. Now we are cutting guys who know our system to add a journeyman tackle and a DE who has not made it through a full NFL season. Kaaya was the only thing that made sense in this mess.

I am scratching my head here.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lot more of this.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Bryce Harris block? If he can prevent a defensive lineman from reaching the QB for 4 entire seconds then throw him right into the starting lineup.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Bryce Harris block? If he can prevent a defensive lineman from reaching the QB for 4 entire seconds then throw him right into the starting lineup.

Mihalik was better then Robinson on the Left side. He got blown by on his first snap on the right side though. I would be surprised if Harris is better. Anyhow, Robinson is done either way.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like jobs aren't getting done and our GM is trying to find someone who can. The bye week gives them an extra week to get up to speed.

I like that Quinn doesn't fall in love with his own moves. Not performing? No soup for you!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like jobs aren't getting done and our GM is trying to find someone who can. The bye week gives them an extra week to get up to speed.

I like that Quinn doesn't fall in love with his own moves. Not performing? No soup for you!

While that is a positive way to look at it, I find it hard to believe these guys were even given a chance. Reid was here a week. Jones not much longer. Johnson maybe 2. How much of a chance could they have had?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of a chance could they have had?

Enough to see if they passed the eye test for a 'show me' contract. There's only sixteen contests that matter. Not to be cruel, but the Lions do not have the leisure of time. They've lost two at home, the major focus of the team was banged up, they have to get a functional line that protects Stafford long enough for him to get a pass off cleanly.

I'm all for the focus being on this year and now. Take the bye week to get healthy, try new options for weak links, and trot out a better team. Only ten more contests left, five of which are in the division. Get those five right, and the Lions may be playoff bound and hosting a post season game.

Reactions: Rob

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did resign a junior high looking kid he never should've drafted in the first place.

That's Millen level dumb.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pissed we wasted a draft pick on a third string player at a position they put more money into than anyone ever.

Indefensible imo.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pissed we wasted a draft pick on a third string player at a position they put more money into than anyone ever.

Indefensible imo.

Well sure, considering we could have gotten him for free this week.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough to see if they passed the eye test for a 'show me' contract. There's only sixteen contests that matter. Not to be cruel, but the Lions do not have the leisure of time. They've lost two at home, the major focus of the team was banged up, they have to get a functional line that protects Stafford long enough for him to get a pass off cleanly.

I'm all for the focus being on this year and now. Take the bye week to get healthy, try new options for weak links, and trot out a better team. Only ten more contests left, five of which are in the division. Get those five right, and the Lions may be playoff bound and hosting a post season game.

But why bring those 2 guys back who were playing here only a couple years ago only to release them a week later? They already knew what they were. Makes no sense.

I think more moves are coming.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, considering we could have gotten him for free this week.
Or just not got him at all.

Staff gets hurt, this is one of the worst teams in the NFL. No offense to Rudock (I see NFLdorCom has him as the 27th best backup. He's entered one game now, I think as a holder))or the backups backup. But two guys with zero expierience aren't doing anything but losing.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just not got him at all.

Staff gets hurt, this is one of the worst teams in the NFL. No "offense" to Rudock (I see NFLdorCom has him as the 27th best backup. He's entered one game now, I think as a holder))or the backups backup. But two guys with zero expierience aren't doing anything but losing.

I see what you did there.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that is a positive way to look at it, I find it hard to believe these guys were even given a chance. Reid was here a week. Jones not much longer. Johnson maybe 2. How much of a chance could they have had?

Their chance was going on the past few years. Sure the same reasons they're gone again is prolly the same never stuck around this time.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Kaaya is gone again (Waits for @broncosmitty to do backflip) but most likely will turn up on PS. Kyri Thorton is back and needed desperately now that NGata is gone. Hill and Ledbedder are our backups right now.

Not sure if Kaaya going means Stafford is feeling better. Should find out in a couple days though.