• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what the heck.... Congrats Schneider!!!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
1st career shutout. :cheer2: :rockon: :peace:

/Malhotra hit his 100th career goal, too

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
er yes congrats as well sigh where the hell have I been

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kids are callin him "Ginger Jesus"

/hope they just let him play out his contract and see where things go ... Ive always thought maybe they can suck the Habs into overpaying for Luongo ... and if maybe a Nordiques franchise comes around ... well ...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
interesting reads in Friedman's column today

10. Huge season for Cory Schneider. Clearly showed he's ready for a No. 1 job. Asked him when he felt "the breakthrough moment." He said it was in the exhibition season, following an 8-2 loss to Edmonton. "I was thinking, 'Here we go again.' But Rollie (Melanson) met with me, showed me everything that went wrong because I was too far out of the net. The next game, I won 3-1 [against San Jose]. That's when I realized I was ready."

11. Schneider added that you sit on the bench (or watch on TV) and think, "How am I going to stop a Dany Heatley shot?" Then, you get in a game, actually do it a few times and gain real confidence. He does admit, with a laugh, that RJ Umberger still owns him. Luongo, sitting next door, said his killer is Tim Jackman.

12. With Luongo starting Tuesday night in Edmonton, Schneider may not get the 25 appearances necessary for the Jennings Trophy. Unless, of course, Alain Vigneault does what Lou Lamoriello did to prevent Mike Dunham from hitting free agency: put Schneider in two games - for about 30 seconds each.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting reads in Friedman's column today

10. Huge season for Cory Schneider. Clearly showed he's ready for a No. 1 job. Asked him when he felt "the breakthrough moment." He said it was in the exhibition season, following an 8-2 loss to Edmonton. "I was thinking, 'Here we go again.' But Rollie (Melanson) met with me, showed me everything that went wrong because I was too far out of the net. The next game, I won 3-1 [against San Jose]. That's when I realized I was ready."

11. Schneider added that you sit on the bench (or watch on TV) and think, "How am I going to stop a Dany Heatley shot?" Then, you get in a game, actually do it a few times and gain real confidence. He does admit, with a laugh, that RJ Umberger still owns him. Luongo, sitting next door, said his killer is Tim Jackman.

12. With Luongo starting Tuesday night in Edmonton, Schneider may not get the 25 appearances necessary for the Jennings Trophy. Unless, of course, Alain Vigneault does what Lou Lamoriello did to prevent Mike Dunham from hitting free agency: put Schneider in two games - for about 30 seconds each.

does it actually work for that too? hmmm.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
does it actually work for that too? hmmm.

yup -the 25 number is appearances, not starts.

someone else (Jeff Patterson i think) has suggested that in each of the next three games, one of the canucks launches the puck over the boards with 5 seconds left in the game to try to boost up our PK % :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Luongo starting Tuesday night in Edmonton, Schneider may not get the 25 appearances necessary for the Jennings Trophy. Unless, of course, Alain Vigneault does what Lou Lamoriello did to prevent Mike Dunham from hitting free agency: put Schneider in two games - for about 30 seconds each.

sounds like some funny business might be in the works ... AV kept insisting to media that Schneids wasnt getting 25 starts

However, Vigneault was spotted later after meeting the media, and asked a member of the team’s public-relations staff about the Jennings criteria. So, his quote may have just been something lost in translation and there may be a different tack with remaining games. Time will tell.

Luongo admitted he didn’t know of the appearances-versus-starts criteria for the Jennings. Schneider would have needed 25 starts to be considered for the Calder Trophy. But the Jennings is all about appearances, whether it’s a few minutes or an entire game.

Read more: Vigneault spurns suggestion to get Schneider?s name on goals-against trophy ? but may be reconsidering

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
AV says he'll try to get Schneider the necessary ice time to be eligible for the Jennings trophy.

hope it doesn't shake Luongo's confidence getting the hook in 2 of the last 3 games :D

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
29 seconds last night makes 24 "appearances". And I think Cory is getting the start Thursday to make the 25 required.