• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team(s) will come out from under-the-radar this offseason or season?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means one of two things.

(1) The media will expect them to be a good and/or dangerous team. They are no longer a surprise that they can beat anybody. I would say Jaguars were last year. They won't be surprising anybody.

or

(2) Everyone will realize that team is given too much credit. They really are not that scary of a team. They aren't under the radar, they just have no purpose being picked up by radar.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers were 6-2 in the back half.
9-3 after starting 0-4.
Had some close losses early.
They got a solid taste of winning and then their season ended.
They'll be hungry.
Good on both sides of the ball.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers were 6-2 in the back half.
9-3 after starting 0-4.
Had some close losses early.
They got a solid taste of winning and then their season ended.
They'll be hungry.
Good on both sides of the ball.

I don't think they are under the radar though, I think most see them as a playoff team...

I would pick the giants...

the way I see it, is they have always WANTED to be a run first offense, especially as Eli has aged, now they finally have the back to do it... at least they hope... so if Barkley can be a top 10 RB, I can easily see this team being a playoff team... a good run game not only kills clock, but it makes your DEFENSE better, and helps your receiving game...

The giants had a top 10 defense in 2016, it is not far fetched to think that with an offense that could eat up time, that they can get back to being a top 10 defense...

Barkley's success can make this team Eli(TE)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 5 teams that are built to win now in the NFC in the Vikings, Eagles, Saints, Falcons and Rams. Two of those teams will be the top 2 seeds in the NFC. You might think there will be sleepers in the NFC but they aren't getting past that wall of talent. They aren't. Bookmark this. There won't be a sleeper in the NFC. Those rosters are too good. If a sleeper gets in it would take an MVP performance of the ages.

I think the script is going to flip. I think the AFC is wide open. Wide wide wide open. Steelers and Patriots will 90% chance both be in the playoffs but I don't think their rosters will really separate themselves from the AFC South and maybe a couple of teams that will rise from the middle of the pack.

I hate saying the Texans are a sleeper because they need JJ Watt to play more than 4 games a season. Everyone is talking down Watson like he'll regress like RG3 but what happens if he makes progress in year 2 like what you commonly see with QBs? The Texans can do things with Clowney and Watson on both sides of the ball that other teams can't do. I think everyone is sleeping on the AFC South right now but if I have to pick a team then its the Texans. The AFC South has been bad for so long that a lot of their young talent is hitting its prime and there should be at least two contenders if they can stay healthy.

As far as the Chiefs are concerned, I'm way too biased to comment. All I can say is that the AFC West will be better than it was last year because there is almost no way it can be worse.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means one of two things.

(1) The media will expect them to be a good and/or dangerous team. They are no longer a surprise that they can beat anybody. I would say Jaguars were last year. They won't be surprising anybody.

or

(2) Everyone will realize that team is given too much credit. They really are not that scary of a team. They aren't under the radar, they just have no purpose being picked up by radar.

Philly will be exposed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are under the radar though, I think most see them as a playoff team...

I would pick the giants...

the way I see it, is they have always WANTED to be a run first offense, especially as Eli has aged, now they finally have the back to do it... at least they hope... so if Barkley can be a top 10 RB, I can easily see this team being a playoff team... a good run game not only kills clock, but it makes your DEFENSE better, and helps your receiving game...

The giants had a top 10 defense in 2016, it is not far fetched to think that with an offense that could eat up time, that they can get back to being a top 10 defense...

Barkley's success can make this team Eli(TE)

RB isn't your issue, OL is. If OL is fixed then you have a shot. If not, long season and a top 5 pick again next year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB isn't your issue, OL is. If OL is fixed then you have a shot. If not, long season and a top 5 pick again next year.

agreed... but if the RB finds success, then there is expected success with the offensive line... So even though, all is based on the line being successful, the results are still the same...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver will compete for a playoff spot and I think a team getting a lot of love this offseason that will flop is SF

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 5 teams that are built to win now in the NFC in the Vikings, Eagles, Saints, Falcons and Rams. Two of those teams will be the top 2 seeds in the NFC. You might think there will be sleepers in the NFC but they aren't getting past that wall of talent. They aren't. Bookmark this. There won't be a sleeper in the NFC. Those rosters are too good. If a sleeper gets in it would take an MVP performance of the ages.

I think the script is going to flip. I think the AFC is wide open. Wide wide wide open. Steelers and Patriots will 90% chance both be in the playoffs but I don't think their rosters will really separate themselves from the AFC South and maybe a couple of teams that will rise from the middle of the pack.

I hate saying the Texans are a sleeper because they need JJ Watt to play more than 4 games a season. Everyone is talking down Watson like he'll regress like RG3 but what happens if he makes progress in year 2 like what you commonly see with QBs? The Texans can do things with Clowney and Watson on both sides of the ball that other teams can't do. I think everyone is sleeping on the AFC South right now but if I have to pick a team then its the Texans. The AFC South has been bad for so long that a lot of their young talent is hitting its prime and there should be at least two contenders if they can stay healthy.

As far as the Chiefs are concerned, I'm way too biased to comment. All I can say is that the AFC West will be better than it was last year because there is almost no way it can be worse.

Did RG3 put up anywhere NEAR the numbers Watson did? Watson was airballing TDs. If you can throw TDs you're not going to regress that quick. RG3s that like to run more and need a good RB to help them(Morris) fool teams are the ones that regress.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson is a real deal.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did RG3 put up anywhere NEAR the numbers Watson did? Watson was airballing TDs. If you can throw TDs you're not going to regress that quick. RG3s that like to run more and need a good RB to help them(Morris) fool teams are the ones that regress.

Since you like history so much, look up the number of times QB's have tried to repeat a TD% of 9 or greater.

I'll give you a hint: They don't exist