• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team(s) will come out from under-the-radar this offseason or season?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always strikes me as odd when people pump up teams with elite QB play as nearly invincible even if otherwise their roster isnt very good yet when a team has historically awful QB play and upgrades to pretty good they're still seem as no good ( Denver and Cleveland this year ). The difference between average and great is the same as awful and average so the improvement should be the same all things equal
i think he is saying their roster is not good. period

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he is saying their roster is not good. period
Its just ok but Keenum alone adds 3 wins over last year imo and Denvers schedule isht bad this year. I think their offense at the skill positions is underrated so it's going to come down to their OL

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just ok but Keenum alone adds 3 wins over last year imo and Denvers schedule isht bad this year. I think their offense at the skill positions is underrated so it's going to come down to their OL
agree bud

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My surprise choice for a team this year is the Bengals! I know Marvin was thinking about leaving but they convinced him to come back. Why? Because I think he knows he has something special with that group of guys. Steelers are still the class of that division but I think the other two teams are due for a down year. I think this is the year the Bengals make a BIG splash!!

Speaking of BIG... I’m hoping @mrschaney sees this heartfelt and very sincere prediction and rewards me with a PM or two of those nice titties she showed on the other thread. :hope:

That's bold! :yes:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always strikes me as odd when people pump up teams with elite QB play as nearly invincible even if otherwise their roster isnt very good yet when a team has historically awful QB play and upgrades to pretty good they're still seem as no good ( Denver and Cleveland this year ). The difference between average and great is the same as awful and average so the improvement should be the same all things equal

Denver was winning because of Peyton Manning. Denver was a 8-8 team before Manning joined. In fact Denver was 8-8 three of those previous four years. I guess we'll see but I just don't think Denver has any magic without reestablishing a dominant running game. Some people need to look at Keenum's play at Houston, or look back at it.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This football logic is the most ridiculous. It's been happening quite a bit too. People think team wins are based on max ability of talent and nothing to do primarily with matchups. I look at the NFL as week to week not how hot a team is playing. Of course Denver will be better than the five wins last year, but playoff team? No.They have to contend with three teams in the division.

Pride thinks he's right on everything, but we will see.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This football logic is the most ridiculous. It's been happening quite a bit too. People think team wins are based on max ability of talent and nothing to do primarily with matchups. I look at the NFL as week to week not how hot a team is playing. Of course Denver will be better than the five wins last year, but playoff team? No.They have to contend with three teams in the division.

Pride thinks he's right on everything, but we will see.
You really only need to improve by 3 or 4 wins to be on playoff contention if you're Denver. Adding Keenum is a huge upgrade even if he's just ok and the division isn't likely to be as good with KC falling back a little plus Denvers schedule is pretty manageable I'm not thinking they win 11 but 8 or 9 is completely reasonable imo

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really only need to improve by 3 or 4 wins to be on playoff contention if you're Denver. Adding Keenum is a huge upgrade even if he's just ok and the division isn't likely to be as good with KC falling back a little plus Denvers schedule is pretty manageable I'm not thinking they win 11 but 8 or 9 is completely reasonable imo

I see losses at Baltimore, vs rams, at cardinals, at chiefs, at chargers, at 49ers, and at Oakland. That's seven losses, which means they have to win everything else to get to nine wins, only lose one to get to eight.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see losses at Baltimore, vs rams, at cardinals, at chiefs, at chargers, at 49ers, and at Oakland. That's seven losses, which means they have to win everything else to get to nine wins, only lose one to get to eight.
you may be right dear god relax, your such a dork

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to tell about the Broncos. The Chiefs worst game of the season was their first game against the Broncos and the Chiefs still won. The final game they beat the Broncos with most of the Chiefs backups on the field.

The Denver team gave up last year. I have no idea how good their coaches are.

In theory, they have more to gain than almost any of team in the NFL. But they have some implosion possibilities, too.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to tell about the Broncos. The Chiefs worst game of the season was their first game against the Broncos and the Chiefs still won. The final game they beat the Broncos with most of the Chiefs backups on the field.

The Denver team gave up last year. I have no idea how good their coaches are.

In theory, they have more to gain than almost any of team in the NFL. But they have some implosion possibilities, too.
no you r correct, but its just my pick, plus i believe freeman can pound the rock

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you r correct, but its just my pick, plus i believe freeman can pound the rock
I know advanced stats don't mean much but they can tell a story in extreme cases.

Trevor Simian's DVOA last year while under pressure was a hillariously bad -112.4% which means if you pressured Simian then you would get a result 112% better for your defense than the average play. It roughly translated into 'get pressure on QB, beat Broncos' and thats what happened.

Case Keenum was the opposite last year. He beat pressure better than pretty much any QB.

Teams are going to have to gameplan against the Broncos differently. Its hard to tell how this will change things. Its hard to imagine the Broncos getting any worse.