• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team(s) will come out from under-the-radar this offseason or season?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the only team on the radar would be the Jets?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans in the AFC

Tough to find one in the NFC because it seems a lot more balanced but if I were to pick a real surprise that is rarely mentioned I will go Bears.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you like history so much, look up the number of times QB's have tried to repeat a TD% of 9 or greater.

I'll give you a hint: They don't exist

Lol, Watson isn't gonna throw 40 TDs so he sucks like RG3 did?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you like history so much, look up the number of times QB's have tried to repeat a TD% of 9 or greater.

I'll give you a hint: They don't exist
Yeah, that number is going to drop to the 4%-5.5% range probably but there were some Clemson concepts in what the Texans were doing last year and they did something that really spurred QB growth in Watson. Hopkins/Fuller is a solid 1/2 combo, too.

If I was to pick apart the Texans I would definitely focus on their CBs and Oline.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans in the AFC

Tough to find one in the NFC because it seems a lot more balanced but if I were to pick a real surprise that is rarely mentioned I will go Bears.

bears are a good choice... problem is that they have the packers and Vikings in their division... But overall I agree, they have a decent enough defense, a QB who can evolve into a top half qb(the way other top picks have done), and a lot of skill at receiver...

The NFC is going to be exciting... I wouldn't be surprised if only one or two of last years playoff teams make it this year...

The AFC, again not so much... People want to say Houston to be a sleeper, but that defense is horrible, and they may have the worst offensive line EVER.... at least that's the exaggeration you hear from the experts...

I think the best sleeper in the AFC, despite them making the playoffs last year is the Titans... they may have made it last year, but nobody took them seriously... even though they won a game in the playoffs too...

maybe the broncos too...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bears are a good choice... problem is that they have the packers and Vikings in their division... But overall I agree, they have a decent enough defense, a QB who can evolve into a top half qb(the way other top picks have done), and a lot of skill at receiver...

The NFC is going to be exciting... I wouldn't be surprised if only one or two of last years playoff teams make it this year...

The AFC, again not so much... People want to say Houston to be a sleeper, but that defense is horrible, and they may have the worst offensive line EVER.... at least that's the exaggeration you hear from the experts...

I think the best sleeper in the AFC, despite them making the playoffs last year is the Titans... they may have made it last year, but nobody took them seriously... even though they won a game in the playoffs too...

maybe the broncos too...
I like seeing opinions that are basically the opposite of mine. Although I do like the Titans as a sleeper, too, but that division in general is going to be really tough.

I just look at the NFC and I see the Rams and Eagles both have rosters that are all-in on next year. Maybe the CBs on both teams falter and they slip but the dlines on both teams are so stacked and both teams have great coaching so its hard to see them falter too much. If the Vikings actually managed to upgrade at QB then they're scary but maybe they regress if the coach/QB connection doesn't work out. Or maybe they're the best team in the NFL if it does. Zimmer has been a solid coach for awhile imo. Saints have Brees and maybe the top CB in the NFL. They could fall back a bit depending on depth but they're definitely built to win now, too. Falcons had some coaching issues and drops issues last year but this is a roster that could've won the Super Bowl the past two seasons if they were coached better.

Maybe a few of the favorites slip in the NFC but I really do think the favorites last year were actually somewhat disadvantaged compared to how they are entering the season next season. Maybe a team like the Packers sneaks in because Aaron Rodgers does what he wants but imo we are going to see some of the same usual suspects in the NFC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC...I'm in agreement with @Clayton...the top 4 or 5 teams are simply better than the rest.

We differ a bit on who those 4 or 5 teams are, but not by much. I think ATL, PHI (learning how to win as the hunted week in week out will be a challenge), MIN will be at the top of the class. The Saints I'm not sure if they are for real on DEF or not. If they are, we know Brees will put up enough points for them to be a playoff team. I think the Giants will bounce back and contend with PHI for the east. I'm still curious of the Suh fit, but the Rams look great on paper and probably will take the west.

The team that has a lot to prove is GB....how many Ws is Rodgers truly worth?

AFC...Aside from PIT & NE, a lot more questions. Can JAX repeat their 2017 performance? Who steps up in the west? I think DEN bounces back but not sure how far...maybe 10 wins so they are my under the radar team in the AFC.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 5 teams that are built to win now in the NFC in the Vikings, Eagles, Saints, Falcons and Rams. Two of those teams will be the top 2 seeds in the NFC. You might think there will be sleepers in the NFC but they aren't getting past that wall of talent. They aren't. Bookmark this. There won't be a sleeper in the NFC. Those rosters are too good.

Aw that should start a Bears fans revolt on here any second now...... :behindsofa:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are under the radar though, I think most see them as a playoff team...

I would pick the giants...

the way I see it, is they have always WANTED to be a run first offense, especially as Eli has aged, now they finally have the back to do it... at least they hope... so if Barkley can be a top 10 RB, I can easily see this team being a playoff team... a good run game not only kills clock, but it makes your DEFENSE better, and helps your receiving game...

The giants had a top 10 defense in 2016, it is not far fetched to think that with an offense that could eat up time, that they can get back to being a top 10 defense...

Barkley's success can make this team Eli(TE)

Yup, 3 potential game changers in ODB, Engram and Barkley...Dont know many teams that have 3...Improved Oline, and a defense with most of the same personnel that was a top unit in 2016

The bad - What does Eli have for us? And the schedule is insanely brutal

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC...I'm in agreement with @Clayton...the top 4 or 5 teams are simply better than the rest.

We differ a bit on who those 4 or 5 teams are, but not by much. I think ATL, PHI (learning how to win as the hunted week in week out will be a challenge), MIN will be at the top of the class. The Saints I'm not sure if they are for real on DEF or not. If they are, we know Brees will put up enough points for them to be a playoff team. I think the Giants will bounce back and contend with PHI for the east. I'm still curious of the Suh fit, but the Rams look great on paper and probably will take the west.

The team that has a lot to prove is GB....how many Ws is Rodgers truly worth?

AFC...Aside from PIT & NE, a lot more questions. Can JAX repeat their 2017 performance? Who steps up in the west? I think DEN bounces back but not sure how far...maybe 10 wins so they are my under the radar team in the AFC.
The Saints are a team that could get bounced and the Packers are a team that could make the playoffs but I don't know if the Packers are really a sleeper. Aaron Rodgers is 88-38 as a starter since 2009 and I feel like the Packers have had just as much turnover as every other team. Drew Brees is 87-55 in the same span with a couple of historically bad defenses mixed in there. If both of their defenses are at least competent then they are probably both in the playoffs.

Eli Manning is 69-74 over the same period. Even if the Giants have improved, thats tough to bet on

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints are a team that could get bounced and the Packers are a team that could make the playoffs but I don't know if the Packers are really a sleeper. Aaron Rodgers is 88-38 as a starter since 2009 and I feel like the Packers have had just as much turnover as every other team. Drew Brees is 87-55 in the same span with a couple of historically bad defenses mixed in there. If both of their defenses are at least competent then they are probably both in the playoffs.

Eli Manning is 69-74 over the same period. Even if the Giants have improved, thats tough to bet on

GB, Agreed...as you've said, I'm not sure there are any real sleepers in a NFC.

Saints...we know what Brees is capable of, but that's a tough schedule if that DEF is not legit.

NYG...everything that could go wrong...for the most part went wrong LY. Barkley aside, I'm really looking for that very expensive DEF to rebound.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland. I think they could flirt with .500 this year which is quite good when you consider they were 0-16 this past season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB, Agreed...as you've said, I'm not sure there are any real sleepers in a NFC.

Saints...we know what Brees is capable of, but that's a tough schedule if that DEF is not legit.

NYG...everything that could go wrong...for the most part went wrong LY. Barkley aside, I'm really looking for that very expensive DEF to rebound.
Giants are definitely one of the more interesting teams to watch. Eli probably hasn't had that level of talent in his backfield since prime Tiki Barber but that never actually translated into success for them beyond being slightly above average.

Talented WRs but they also have an oline shuffle. I'm not sure there is a single stud on their oline. Maybe their left side holds up to be solid.

They look like a middle of the pack defense to me with Collins being their standout and I might be too optimistic. I'm not quite sure what their linebackers will look like in their new system.

Giants are a 7-10 win team imo but the NFL is so weird that I would never bet on that. Giants and Cowboys are so volatile from year to year that its hard to really judge what they are doing.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say the Giants!

Bwhahaha :kidding::laugh3::thumbsdown::lol:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots of course! Duh! :pound::dhd:

but I'm going with the Browns (yes I know they are making the news now with their signings but I think they will be the surprise team)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are trying but now that teams have film with Garappolo he won't be a mystery. I expect him to get hurt around week 5 or 6 and miss at least 4-5 games.

Arizona has big a learning curve to get by.

Seattle won't have their typical dominant defense.

Rams take the NFC West

Philadelphia won't be fooling anyone and Wentz will have to be carefull running the ball or he'll go down again.

Giants have way too many offensive questions including whether or not OBJ decides whther or not he wants to play in NY. Manning is a sitting duck.

Cowboys may have the pieces to challenge, but can the pieces stay on the table and get fit together?

Redskins look like they might be in the middle of the fight, then again they look like they'll be watching the fight.

Eagles win the NFC East..............Cowboys slide under the radar for a Wildcard.

Packers look like the class of their division. I think Rodgers will get slam dunked and be gone around week 8-9.

Patricia will have an up and down first year.

Bears will be the Bears.

Vikings will be in it to the end.

Vikings just barely slide in to win NFC North

Panthers, Bucs, Saints and Falcons will beat each other to death.

Falcons win the NFC South and Bucs will get the WC in week 17.

Rams and Vikes get the bye. Cowboys, Bucs, Falcons, Eagles duke it out.

Chargers will finally win because the rest of the division will attempting to find itself

Broncos will be close behind, but fall short.

Chiefs just can't find a steady course, especially when games count.

Raiders could be a sleeper, that's because they may be the oldest team in the league.

Chargers win the AFC West

The Texans will stay pretty much healthy all year.

Titans will look like the Patriots, but play like the Titans.

Colts just don't have the team.

Jacksonville will have the defense, but the offense will be their problem.

Texans win the AFC South, Jacksonville gets the Wildcard

Steelers are the Steelers.

Bengals just can't do anything to get better.

Ravens just can't get beyond Flacco.

The Browns will surprise everyone and win 6.

Steelers win the AFC North

Patriots are growling internally and that makes them more dangerous than ever.

Bills have finally gotten management to start thinking like a pro football franchise and not a hairdresser.

Jets are desperate but don't have the experience to take it to the next step.

Miami signed FA to hurt other teams, not improve theirs.

Patriots win the AFC East by a crotch hair over the Bills who get the Wildcard.

Pats and Steelers get the bye. Bills, Jags, Texans and Chargers play Round 1.

There you have it......................Bookmark it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are sleeping on the Redskins. If Guice starts, they could be pretty good.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are sleeping on the Redskins. If Guice starts, they could be pretty good.
They could be solid. Bottom line you gotta wonder how healthy they're gonna be and what the chemistry is like between the WR's and Smith; if it develops and/or is worth much at all