• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What P5 conference not named 'The PAC' would take Washington

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://images.app.goo.gl/6qbfQq8xvHVgwnVg9

probably yeah. colder waters.
Oregon-Coast-Cannon-Beach-Haystack-Rock-PNW-The-Mandagies-40.jpg

a7a_bandon01.jpeg

best-north-oregon-coast-activities-for-kids-arch-cape-293x293-1.jpg

Note nice weather, blue skys people wearing jackets.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i swam in it a few times but more like run out full submerge run out like a polar bear swim type thing. or go out with a few guys and see who can stay in the longest.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hear it for Long Beach Washington. Not far from Aberdeen which is h00r city.

3fa55b58-2257-4544-94cc-8796c4a56185.c6.jpg

long-beach.jpg

long-beach-wa-north-head-lighthouse.jpg

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's Washington, so no one gives a flying fuck.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geographically I agree, the move was a move of desperation by both parties BUT, culturally it's a good fit and it HAS worked out at least OK all things considered.
The ACC/SEC/BIG all make better sense as far as good games for TV as well as regional water cooler talk/interest when it comes to WVU.

ACC "north"

SU
Pitt
VT
UVA
UL
WVU
UNC
Duke

ACC "south"

NC State
Clemson
GT
FSU
Miami
UCF
USF

would be a much better/entertaining conference than it currently sits imho. Nobody would care if Wake and BC played another CFB game TBH.

Also imho OU and WVU both would be good fits in the SEC west and east with Bama moving over to the east and Mizzu moving to the west where they SHOULD be (though they should have never been in the SEC to begin with, BIG should have nabbed them).

Is what it is though
I don't see the ACC going with four Florida schools (but wouldn't be the first time I'd be wrong if it happened). WVU is a good fit geographic wise though. If the ACC wanted to get back into the Maryland area, I suppose that Navy could always be an option. Adding those two schools would probably make the divisions look something like this:

North - BC, Pitt, Syracuse, WVU, Navy, Louisville, UVA, VT
South - Duke, UNC, NCSt, WF, Clemson, GT, FSU and Miami

Or go into the pod system:
1 - BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Navy
2 - WVU, Louisville, UVA, VT
3 - UNC, Duke, WF, NCSt
4 - Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can just see those sophisticated West Coasters when they experience Lubbock for the first time. Especially if it were one of those days after a rain. South wind blowing that wonderful aroma off the feed lots to the South of the city would be something they'd never forget!
:eek::nono::heh::pound:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the ACC going with four Florida schools (but wouldn't be the first time I'd be wrong if it happened). WVU is a good fit geographic wise though. If the ACC wanted to get back into the Maryland area, I suppose that Navy could always be an option. Adding those two schools would probably make the divisions look something like this:

North - BC, Pitt, Syracuse, WVU, Navy, Louisville, UVA, VT
South - Duke, UNC, NCSt, WF, Clemson, GT, FSU and Miami

Or go into the pod system:
1 - BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Navy
2 - WVU, Louisville, UVA, VT
3 - UNC, Duke, WF, NCSt
4 - Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami

Dude, that’d be awesome to see. I just don’t think Tobacco Road will ever let WVU in.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, that’d be awesome to see. I just don’t think Tobacco Road will ever let WVU in.
Geographically, WVU would be a great fit. But I believe you're right, the higher ups on Tobacco Road wouldn't allow it, at least any time soon.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geographically, WVU would be a great fit. But I believe you're right, the higher ups on Tobacco Road wouldn't allow it, at least any time soon.

Agreed, it sucks too. I like the B12 but we fit in the ACC much better. Oh well

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every conference has their weird fits.
im still not sold on Colorado in the Pac.
Maryland and Rutgers in the Big10
WV in the XII
Missouri still seems weird to me in the SEC
ACC has Louisville which is probably the least weird but still seems odd to me for some reason.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV in the XII
ACC has Louisville which is probably the least weird but still seems odd to me for some reason.

Yeah but as far as georgraphy goes, we are the weirdest without a doubt. But it’s better to be in a P5 then not.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV in the XII
CO has most of it's alumni in CA FWIW

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there’s some old Big East rivalries there to renew if it happened. But I feel like UVA would probably side with those schools as well if it ever came to a vote.

WV in the XII
I’d even add ND for the ACC if you’re counting all sports.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta figure that if it were going to happen that it already would have BUT, with todays CFB culture and the money being so important... who knows really:noidea:, the conferences may actually have to make some moves that make some historic sense to generate the money that everyone wants moving forward. Personally I think there will be a little more common sense moves made the next time they are made but again..who knows.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there’s some old Big East rivalries there to renew if it happened. But I feel like UVA would probably side with those schools as well if it ever came to a vote.

I’d even add ND for the ACC if you’re counting all sports.
ND should have been in the BIG YEARS ago. Be a great fit

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND should have been in the BIG YEARS ago. Be a great fit
They’re definitely a better fit for them but I’m guessing that the B1G wanted them for all sports but of course, ND likes being an independent too much.

Gotta figure that if it were going to happen that it already would have BUT, with todays CFB culture and the money being so important... who knows really:noidea:, the conferences may actually have to make some moves that make some historic sense to generate the money that everyone wants moving forward. Personally I think there will be a little more common sense moves made the next time they are made but again..who knows.
What I’d worry about for WVU is if the Big XII did indeed move west. I can’t imagine the financial strain that it’d put on any sports team that’s not basketball or football to go across the country to an Arizona or Washington.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’d worry about for WVU is if the Big XII did indeed move west. I can’t imagine the financial strain that it’d put on any sports team that’s not basketball or football to go across the country to an Arizona or Washington.

If the Big 12 EXPANDS west, WV should still be fine since the divisions will have them traveling where they do anyways.. and will be getting more money for it as well.
However if a new conference is formed between current Big12 and Pac12 schools then, yes it will be a bad sign for WV. It could still work however. 7 or 8 schools in an east division and 7 or 8 in the west division. So WV would only travel out west just a couple times a season. I'm sure the conference will have them coming off a bye or having them head into a bye after such a trip.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re definitely a better fit for them but I’m guessing that the B1G wanted them for all sports but of course, ND likes being an independent too much.

No question, the BIG has wanted ND for many years but they have always been in a strong enough position to tell ND to go all in or go away. ND took advantage of the weakness on the BigEast and then again with the ACC.

I get why both were willing to bow down to them and personally I believe the Big12 flirted with them as well but in the end let em walk when they wouldn’t join as full members as well.

I get the attraction and hope that ND will someday become a full member (meaning BE & ACC) but in the end, IF they ever wind up in a conference imo it will be the BIG as they can provide more money than the ACC.