• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Needs to Improve?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redzone efficiency is easily our biggest weakness. Get that fixed and we'll be OK. It wouldn't hurt if our defense (which is still playing lights out) could manage a few turnovers too. They've been sorely lacking in that department this year. Maybe it's bad luck or maybe teams are being uber careful throwing against our secondary but something is different this year.

Here is an interesting tidbit though: Russel Wilson actually is throwing for more yards per game than Aaron Rodgers (who would have thought that??) and has the 5th best yards per attempt in the NFL along with the 7th best completion percentage. If he could start hitting some guys in the endzone for TD's he'd be having a great year.

Great points... The defense is tied for last I the NFL in interceptions... Yeah, teams haven't been throwing against us a lot so not as many opportunities as other teams have had but when they have thrown against us in the 4th quarter teams have been very effective for the most part... That's when we need the TO's...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lack of Turnovers has hurt but there is a reason we have a lack of Turnovers. What is missing is the INT's and when teams play the Hawks they use a short, Quick passing game for the most part. This makes getting INT's tough. They have forced 8 fumbles ( rec 5 ) and have 3 INT's over 8 games ( 2 By Earl, 1 by Kam ) and unless teams start taking more chances down field against Seattle we might not see many more INT's. What the hawks need is to start putting up points ( Red Zone TD would help ) forcing teams to throw more and forcing more throws deep. If the Offense can start putting team in the hole we will see more medium to deep passes and in turn that will lead to INT's. The Panthers and Cincy game they were able to put those teams in holes but then the longer passing game tore this team up. I believe that had more to do with the LoB not being on the same page with Kams holdout.

The Hawks CB's are bigger than the average CB in the NFL and what that takes away from them is the quickness to explode on the short in routes. Yes they are able to defend those routes but with a half step more in quickness i thing it's safe to say they would have a few more INT's ( think of Shermans PD's against Dez ). I can not wait for Lane to get back on the field because i believe with his quickness and smarts he will create a few INT's for the Hawks.

Was it last season early when the Hawks were struggling to get turnovers then all of a sudden they exploded in that area? I hope that happens again.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If redzone offense is the "what" then we have to identify the "how" because you can't just decide to be better in the redzeon or every team would be doing it. To me, the "how" is more focus on Graham when we get down there. He's actually having a pretty decent year -- 38 catches, 450 yards -- but only 2 TDs indicates a lack of targets around the ez. He has a really good shot to finish with > 1000 yards on the season (who's the last one to do it on our team -- Bobby Engram? DJax?), but I'll be a bit disappointed in how we've used him if he ends up with only 5 or so TDs. This guy should score 8+ no problem.