• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is wrong with the vaunted Indiana defense?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allowed 124, 111, and 109 in their last 3 games:omg:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 game road trip with 4 games in 6 nights so far against very active offenses and a very capable big in the middle will wear you out.

Side note, I doubt anybody really thought they were going to win 68 games.

As for the Western conference they have 7 of the top 9 teams in the league but the Eastern has the 2 best teams. Western offenses are no joke though.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be alone on this but I'd fear a healthy OKC more than Indiana in a 7 game series.

Depends on what team you are, if we are talking true contenders...

IND
MIA
OKC
SA
HOU
LAC
GSW
POR

Pretty much everybody but MIA should fear OKC more because they all have an inside presence and can score. MIA is the only one with less than 0 inside presence.

For the record OKC, IND and MIA if all healthy are all that matters in the Title race, imo.

-I discount SA because the only reason they were in last year was OKC was injured and the refs were making sure it was a 7 game series.

-HOU because they are missing that 1 piece and have a chemistry nuclear meltdown with Asik and his contract makes him almost untradable.

-POR because they are a jump shooting team which tends to not hold up in the playoffs, see GSW of last year.

-LAC because I am unsure how much a coach can fix in 1 year.

-GSW I discount less than any of the others because their weakness was D and now they are elite D with a Western offensive power but health has always been an issue with them.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allowed 124, 111, and 109 in their last 3 games:omg:

Still a few growing pains. They aren't there yet. But my guess is, when the playoffs start, they will have gotten further along and be fully capable of beating your Heat in a series. And when they do my friend, I willl laugh and laugh and laugh.

Look at you though, hater for life lmao.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how your Suns fare at out place Thursday. Portland and Denver too, for that matter. Think anyone but Portland can keep it under 20 points?:laugh3:

Indy is a better team than all three of those teams. That being said, I love revenge games. Unfortunately with the way Indy has been playing as of late, even at home for those games, I am not as confident in 3 wins.

They better step up and play like the eventual champs that they are.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy OKC is the only team I fear to beat Indiana.

Although you have a good team, you aren't beating a healthy Heat team 4/7 IMO with or without HC.
You guys are just this year edition of the Chicago Bulls in the EC.

A healthy Ok City team with HC against us does scare me as it did 2 years ago.
However, James is capable of slowing down Durant.
I'm still not sure who the Thunder can rely on in a best of 7 to slow James down.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope MIA is healthy for the ECF and IND is reffed like the rest of the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder are the most talented team in the league, but Scott Brooks is a moron and they will not win because of him.

The Heat are still the team to beat, but I do not think they will win this year because Wade has faded even more and they don't have as many shooters to surround LeBron with. For the record, I have picked the Heat to win every year since LeBron arrived, so I am no hater. I just don't see the pieces fitting right this year.

The Pacers are ready to advance to the NBA Finals, but they are no lock to beat whoever comes out of the wide open West.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder are the most talented team in the league, but Scott Brooks is a moron and they will not win because of him.

The Heat are still the team to beat, but I do not think they will win this year because Wade has faded even more and they don't have as many shooters to surround LeBron with. For the record, I have picked the Heat to win every year since LeBron arrived, so I am no hater. I just don't see the pieces fitting right this year.

The Pacers are ready to advance to the NBA Finals, but they are no lock to beat whoever comes out of the wide open West.

How exactctly has wade faded?

Sure, he's sat out a shit ton to rest for when it matters but faded?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactctly has wade faded?

Sure, he's sat out a shit ton to rest for when it matters but faded?

Seriously?

Lets forget for a moment that he has missed 13 games already this season due to chronic injuries.

Wade's scoring is lower than it has been since his rookie season and his defensive stats have taken a hit too. You could make a case for D. Wade as a top 3 player in the NBA when the big 3 merged, he is nowhere near that level anymore.

Stats tell part of the story, but if you watch him play, he lacks the explosion that once made him a superstar.

How can anybody argue that Wade has not faded?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is giving up 8 less PPG when Wade plays and Wade is shooting a career best 54%. He's avg less because he's taking less shots per game. There's a reason they're 24-6 with him and 7-6 without him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is giving up 8 less PPG when Wade plays and Wade is shooting a career best 54%. He's avg less because he's taking less shots per game. There's a reason they're 24-6 with him and 7-6 without him.

Case closed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never said the team was not better with him then without (although his plus minus when he was playing hobbled in last year's finals was alarming).

You cannot possibly think Wade is the same player he was 4 years ago. He used to be utterly dominant. Now he is an efficient secondary scorer.

His FG% is higher because he is not being asked to create as much and he is taking easier shots.