• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the point of starting a rookie QB week 1 if you bench him by week 5?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was exactly the point of starting Kizer?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that you want to see progression

at some point, you owe it to the other 50+ guys to give your team a shot at winning

Kizer has been dreadful and seemingly worse every week, Hue owes it to the other guys to give them the best chance to win

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at some point, you owe it to the other 50+ guys to give your team a shot at winning

Kizer has been dreadful and seemingly worse every week, Hue owes it to the other guys to give them the best chance to win

This plus:

* He was pretty damn good in the preseason and camp, (yeah don't mean squat but)
* Each week he has declined, you could say lack of a running helped his poor games.
* And once Coleman went down they have nobody to stretch the field vertical for the under neath routes to open.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This plus:

* He was pretty damn good in the preseason and camp, (yeah don't mean squat but)
* Each week he has declined, you could say lack of a running helped his poor games.
* And once Coleman went down they have nobody to stretch the field vertical for the under neath routes to open.

Yes, ugly set of weapons, but I actually watched some of that Jets game, and his decision making was just horrific.......They were on the goal line twice in the first half, and 2 turnovers all on him...He is costing them wins

The interesting thing now is if the Browns (and it looks likely) have a chance at one of these QB's coming out, do they draft one?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, ugly set of weapons, but I actually watched some of that Jets game, and his decision making was just horrific.......They were on the goal line twice in the first half, and 2 turnovers all on him...He is costing them wins

The interesting thing now is if the Browns (and it looks likely) have a chance at one of these QB's coming out, do they draft one?

I'm sure his confidence is shot to hell... I know the revamped that Oline, but Johnson and Crowell are not a "feared backfield" Image if they took Fornette or Cook?

I think with missing pieces still at the wide out spot, ( let's face it they need at least three guys there) and an Oline that needs depth and size I would say no , unless it was a sure franchise QB there I would say yes..

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hugh is having another rocky season. My best guess is letting a rookie go 0-16 could completely ruin him, especially with how bad his pocket presence is. Kizer clearly has a lot of development left and there isn't much talent around him in the skill positions. Now that we are all but eliminated from the playoffs, take him out of this shit show.

But it's the Browns, so who the hell knows what these tardos are doing :L

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the point of starting a rookie QB week 1 if you bench him by week 5?

So that you don't get criticized like John Fox in Chicago for not starting Trubisky?

It's a catch-22. No matter whether you start the rookie or don't start the rookie, fans are going to bash you.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kizer has been sucking dick. Hogan actually looked good when he was on the field. It's a typical Browns thing, man. 3 TDs, 9 INTs. Not good. Best thing to do is sit him at this point. Not all rookie QBs can be DeShaun Watson.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is Hue is trying to save his job. He is reportedly close to going 2-22 and matching the Ritchie Kotite career coaching win-loss record. Not good company.

Desperation descends on Cleveland

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is Hue is trying to save his job. He is reportedly close to going 2-22 and matching the Ritchie Kotite career coaching win-loss record. Not good company.

Desperation descends on Cleveland

You realize Hue Jackson was the Raiders HC a few years ago and won 8 games, right?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the Browns

what did you expect?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Hue Jackson was the Raiders HC a few years ago and won 8 games, right?

You are right, I didn't include that, misread the story. But per that story I posted, he is 2-24 in his last 26 games including the last five games of the Oakland stint. So yes, he won some games there, but fell off rather quickly and is literally 1-20 in Cleveland at this point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not much to add to that...but I will add...lol...I think when a young QB is repeating mistakes and it's leading to bad results, you need to pull them aside so they can see another QB execute.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to add to that...but I will add...lol...I think when a young QB is repeating mistakes and it's leading to bad results, you need to pull them aside so they can see another QB execute.

Repeating myself, but the bigger question IMO is how this affects Kizers' projected future, basically meaning, with the Browns a virtual lock to be in position to draft one of the best 1-3 QB's, would they? how much weight have they put into what they have seen from Kizer, in terms of his and the Browns future?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hugh is having another rocky season. My best guess is letting a rookie go 0-16 could completely ruin him, especially with how bad his pocket presence is. Kizer clearly has a lot of development left and there isn't much talent around him in the skill positions. Now that we are all but eliminated from the playoffs, take him out of this shit show.

But it's the Browns, so who the hell knows what these tardos are doing :L

They should acquire Kaepernick.