• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the biggest LOL team of the season?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you guys every August: It's not a CFB season unless Georgia and/or Wisconsin are "gonna make it to the championship this year."
So, what's do Tejas fans say? "we're going to suck again this year?" What would you have our fans do?

And, I would point out, in the BCS era we are no. 7 in winning percentage (excluding non AQ teams), 2 SEC titles, 5 SECCG appearances. So it isn't like we haven't played well. No NC, I get that, but there are a lot of teams that would be glad to change places with us.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest LOL team this year could be Ohio State---if they go undefeated, including the B1G CCG, and still don't get into the NC game!

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy Texas doesn't have a championship team with the recruits they pull. I was going to add them to my list of LOL teams but they play Baylor late for a chance to salvage the laugh-fest. And they beat OU

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was going to beat oregon. Not just on this board but on several.

I saw on another board where an Oregon fan said that Stanford had nothing to be proud of because they won with a "limited offense". That limited offense consisted of a punishing run game and overpowering offensive line. Seems some are still in shock that Stanford was the better team. Oregon hasnt arrived yet. Most of us already knew this. It took a dominant Stanford performance to open some eyes.

Georgia was supposed to compete for a title this year, wouldnt necessarily laugh at them. Still a great school. Injuries slowed them this yr.

ND, lol definitely
OK, lol definitely

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did cross my mind with their close wins, but they still won and are still ranked and I am not super confident that Iowa will beat them this weekend.

If they finish out 7-5, then I think they will be LOL team. I'm not going to add them to my list quite yet, but I do see why they are viewed as an LOL team.

No they aren't.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would not have UGA on my list, but I knew if I left them off, that is what this thread would turn into. I think they would do better if they didn't have so many injuries.

IMO, I am saying TCU. Started out as Top 20 and barely beat ISU, lost to WVU and KSU.

They have a really good offense, yes. However, even if they were healthy, I don't think they are a top 10 team. That defense is atrocious given all the talent they have. However, I wouldn't say they are the LOL team of the year. TCU makes a really good case, and seriously LOL at LSU for barely getting by them. TCU is sincere garbage this year. Their only conference wins are the matchups vs. the 2 teams that are worse than they are.

However, my biggest LOL team of the year is Texas. We heard a lot about how, coming into this season, they were finally experienced. All of the "youngest team in the nation" bullshit turned out to be just that. In reality, the team is just not good. There was national title talk coming out of Austin. Then they get boat raced twice in OOC by 2 decent but far from great teams. The worst part about it is that the OU win may have saved Mack Brown's job, which is going to keep them in a perpetual state of LOL.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox33OSU has most of all of that right except one thing.

There was a lot of talk [including from me] about winning the Big 12, but I didn't hear a soul talk about the NC.

Also, I said it in the context [if you'll remember] of "Win Big12 or Bye Bye Mack."

And also also, we still have the conference title in our hands [since Baylor is gonna whump Okie State]

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The biggest LOL team this year could be Ohio State---if they go undefeated, including the B1G CCG, and still don't get into the NC game!

:lame:Yet that would mean they kicked Michigan's ass. So who get s the last laugh? Winning out and not getting the NCG is nothing to be ashamed of. What scUM has put on the field the last 10 years? Yeah, I'd be ashamed of that.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is Florida, and there is not a team I can think of that’s even a close second.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is Florida, and there is not a team I can think of that’s even a close second.

Not trying to be a dick, seriously, but I think everyone knew of Florida's offensive limitations and how that would effect them. Having Driskel get hurt has had a big impact, but I don't think that, even with a healthy Driskel and healthy defense, they were a true top 10 team. They're like the opposite of UGA.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox33OSU has most of all of that right except one thing.

There was a lot of talk [including from me] about winning the Big 12, but I didn't hear a soul talk about the NC.

Also, I said it in the context [if you'll remember] of "Win Big12 or Bye Bye Mack."

And also also, we still have the conference title in our hands [since Baylor is gonna whump Okie State]

I was actually talking about the folks on ESPN. I know that isn't reflected on actual Texas fans such as yourself, but there was a lot of "darkhorse national champ" talk surrounding Texas. This was supposed to be the year. Talented, experienced defense with David Ash coming into his own along with that amazing running back stable. None of it came to fruition. The Mack Brown situation further compounds things. You still have the potential to win the conference, but that would look really, really bad on the Big 12 if that happened. Two 20 point OOC losses but you still win the conference? Yikes. If OSU had two 20 pt OOC losses, especially to two good at best teams, and then won the B1G, we'd never hear the end of how poor the B1G is.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was going to beat oregon. Not just on this board but on several.

I saw on another board where an Oregon fan said that Stanford had nothing to be proud of because they won with a "limited offense". That limited offense consisted of a punishing run game and overpowering offensive line. Seems some are still in shock that Stanford was the better team. Oregon hasnt arrived yet. Most of us already knew this. It took a dominant Stanford performance to open some eyes.

Georgia was supposed to compete for a title this year, wouldnt necessarily laugh at them. Still a great school. Injuries slowed them this yr.

ND, lol definitely
OK, lol definitely

And alloutabrains strikes again

I had Oregon (on this board) going 11-1 and losing to Stanford.

You really are not smart

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And alloutabrains strikes again

I had Oregon (on this board) going 11-1 and losing to Stanford.

You really are not smart

Please tell me that the bold is not true. If it is then I understand why he has been all over the FSU jockstrap this year. DAMN!!!:gaah:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a dick, seriously, but I think everyone knew of Florida's offensive limitations and how that would effect them. Having Driskel get hurt has had a big impact, but I don't think that, even with a healthy Driskel and healthy defense, they were a true top 10 team. They're like the opposite of UGA.

The offense was worse with Driskel than Murphy. UF is not really a QB problem. It is an offensive identity problem because Muschamp will not keep his mitts out of what Pease is trying to do. Muschamp wants a Bama style running offense, but does not have the personnel to fulfill that. YOu need at least 1 really good WR that you can throw downfield to so the defense stays honest. Debose was not the answer and Patton is a little small for that. And Driskel sure as hell is not the answer at QB. He is a deer in headlights when he has any amount of pressure.

UF needs to have Muschamp let his OC do his job without interference.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was worse with Driskel than Murphy. UF is not really a QB problem. It is an offensive identity problem because Muschamp will not keep his mitts out of what Pease is trying to do. Muschamp wants a Bama style running offense, but does not have the personnel to fulfill that. YOu need at least 1 really good WR that you can throw downfield to so the defense stays honest. Debose was not the answer and Patton is a little small for that. And Driskel sure as hell is not the answer at QB. He is a deer in headlights when he has any amount of pressure.

UF needs to have Muschamp let his OC do his job without interference.

Good point. I certainly wasn't touting Driskel as the answer by any stretch, and now that you mention it, they looked pathetic against an average Miami defense. I don't know why they can't get it together with their talent though. Mack Brown, Kelvin Taylor and Matt Jones seemed legit but none of them are doing anything somehow. Talk about a failure at developing your talent.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did cross my mind with their close wins, but they still won and are still ranked and I am not super confident that Iowa will beat them this weekend.

If they finish out 7-5, then I think they will be LOL team. I'm not going to add them to my list quite yet, but I do see why they are viewed as an LOL team.

They qualify even though they squeaked out wins at uconn and home with akron........ akron soooo should've won that game.......

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me that the bold is not true. If it is then I understand why he has been all over the FSU jockstrap this year. DAMN!!!:gaah:

Yea, I didn't know that either. explains alot of the bile coming out of that avatar.........